Sign in to follow this  
Rock The Boat

Long Live the King!

15 hours ago, Worthy Nigelton said:

I like him and hope he doesn't stop saying his bit on climate and the environment. 

Agreed. Neither of those matters are political. They let z list celebrities spout off about it.

• Like 2

It sounds really odd on the ear to hear the commentators talking about 'the King'. It sounds like a throwback to the second world war. I haven't got used to it yet. 

Edited by Rock The Boat

20 minutes ago, Rock The Boat said:

It sounds really odd on the ear to hear the commentators talking about 'the King'. It sounds like a throwback to the second world war. I haven't got used to it yet. 

It is odd yes RTB. I must admit when I've heard King Charles being said on the TV my mind has just wanted to add Spaniel 🙂

Shows how conditioned the mind is. I'm sure we will become used to it very soon.

54 minutes ago, sonyc said:

It is odd yes RTB. I must admit when I've heard King Charles being said on the TV my mind has just wanted to add Spaniel 🙂

Shows how conditioned the mind is. I'm sure we will become used to it very soon.

I had a similar moment when someone mentioned that a lawyer who was a QC now becomes a KC,  and my mind automatically added " and the Sunshine Band"

• Haha 1

41 minutes ago, ricardo said:

I had a similar moment when someone mentioned that a lawyer who was a QC now becomes a KC,  and my mind automatically added " and the Sunshine Band"

Not until they return to work

• Haha 1

On 08/09/2022 at 19:47, keelansgrandad said:

I feel sorry in some ways for him. I don't want a King but as the monarchy exists I think its unfair that he is having to take it on in his mid 70s. The Queen should have abdicated 10 years ago.

The Queen did promise to the people/us that she would be Queen her entire life to be fair .

30 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

The Queen did promise to the people/us that she would be Queen her entire life to be fair .

That is why it becomes abdication.