Sign in to follow this  
GodlyOtsemobor

Queenie

1 hour ago, cornish sam said:

If her son had heard at 13:16 then either he is VERY senior at the BBC or its ****, my money is on the latter. My wife is reasonably senior at the BBC and whilst they were having urgent meetings discussing the coverage when she went at that point it was still planning and prepping so they could go as soon as it dropped and making sure that all of the coverage they had was up to date etc (they've had three or four test runs in the last couple of years as well so they wouldn't need that long to shift into action).... Also it would be a stackable offence for him to have let it out before any official notification.

I'm not saying that she didn't die a couple of hours before the announcement, just that your source is not reliable on this one.

ive  seen someehere that Liz Truss was told at 4.30 that the queen had died- not seen anywhere else it mentioned what time she passed.  

Funeral on the 19th, and a bank holiday for all. 

7 minutes ago, The Real Buh said:

I mean, that’s a bit better but the “got laid” bit makes you look a bit trendy, bit “try-hard”y and Americanised.

maybe you should watch the Big Bang theory a little less?

Maybe you should watch it more? After all, the losers all get girls. It might inspire you.

30 minutes ago, canarydan23 said:

Maybe you should watch it more? After all, the losers all get girls. It might inspire you.

You are clearly well versed on the series, imagine my shock.

did you cry in the final series?

1 minute ago, The Real Buh said:

imagine my shock.

Is it mandatory for all mother's-basement-dwelling virgins to use this term?

Some excellent speeches on the Parliament channel tributes to the Queen. Boris and Harriet Harmen especially good.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ricardo said:

Some excellent speeches on the Parliament channel tributes to the Queen. Boris and Harriet Harmen especially good.

Makes up for the incredibly poor posts on here.

43 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

ive  seen someehere that Liz Truss was told at 4.30 that the queen had died- not seen anywhere else it mentioned what time she passed.  

Funeral on the 19th, and a bank holiday for all. 

Can confirm that's about right for Liz, the broadcasters and all of the staff producing them only found out 10 minutes before the announcement though.

5 minutes ago, Barbe bleu said:

Makes up for the incredibly poor posts on here.

Indeed. Some remarkable personal  moments being shared in the House of Commons.

Theresa May's speech also very good and humorous.

Edited by ricardo
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, cornish sam said:

Can confirm that's about right for Liz, the broadcasters and all of the staff producing them only found out 10 minutes before the announcement though.

Not sure about that they all started wearing black mid afternoon at the same time candle in the wind played on the radio. Their body language also noticeably changed.

Just now, Well b back said:

Not sure about that they all started wearing black mid afternoon at the same time candle in the wind played on the radio. Their body language also noticeably changed.

I am sure about that and can promise you it is accurate. They knew it was imminent but only found out it had actually happened about 10 minutes before announcing it.

37 minutes ago, canarydan23 said:

Is it mandatory for all mother's-basement-dwelling virgins to use this term?

It’s mandatory to get all mad that I indirectly called you a filthy Liverpool fan, that’s for sure 😂

Edited by The Real Buh

1 hour ago, A Load of Squit said:

I like that Charles has kept his name in his official title but why have they made Camilla change hers to 'Consort'?

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2022/sep/09/king-charles-and-camilla-begin-preparations-for-the-queens-funeral

King Charles and Camilla, now Queen Consort

If she were head of state, then she'd be Queen, like Queen Elizabeth II, but as she's the wife of the head of state, she's the Queen consort, i.e. consort to the head of state. 

It doesn't work the other way around though; the Duke of Edinburgh had the title of prince rather than King Consort. 

Charles stopping the car and getting out to talk to people seems like an important decision to me. A link to the people above politics is exactly what he should be doing.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, ricardo said:

Charles stopping the car and getting out to talk to people seems like an important decision to me. A link to the people above politics is exactly what he should be doing.

Not sure about going round snogging the ladies though

• Haha 1

I'm sad to hear of The Queen's passing. I don't consider myself a royalist, but I think she did a pretty good job for 70 years. She was held in high regard around the world. I have found it quite touching that I have had people come up to me during the last 24 hours to offer condolences. 

RIP 😔

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Awesome historical moment, beats football definitely. 

It will only be a historically significant moment if it leads to constitutional changes that reduce the role of the monarchy, such as by scrapping the ‘consent’ mechanism liberally used to influence legislation over recent decades, or even eliminate the role. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Does it beat this year's season of Love Island? 😉

Apples

19 minutes ago, Mr Apples said:

Does it beat this year's season of Love Island? 😉

Apples

Queenie was a looker in her day vs skanks in bikinis. Hmmm Maybe a quick 5 min catchup with Love Island then back to classical beauty.

I've heard that Michael Gove has already got some of those new bank notes with Charlie on them. 

• Haha 6

3 hours ago, KiwiScot said:

Queenie was a looker in her day vs skanks in bikinis. Hmmm Maybe a quick 5 min catchup with Love Island then back to classical beauty.

Don’t forget Margaret, she’d have excelled in the island and loved a bad boy too. 

5 hours ago, Pyro Pete said:

I'm just going to leave this here...

Oh buzz off if you can’t beehive 🤣🤣🤣

• Haha 2

Apparently it's always been a thing with bee keepers. They tell the bees what's going on. Not as weird as the headline suggests!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, The Raptor said:

Apparently it's always been a thing with bee keepers. They tell the bees what's going on. Not as weird as the headline suggests!

According to the lyrics of Whispering Grass it’s the breeze that talks to the bees, not the beekeepers 🤣

3054017E-D48C-4919-8B7D-BF36AA43EFE5.jpeg

1 hour ago, Nuff Said said:

Right, I call the end to this now. This is unbeatable.

Did Til have a hand in this tribute? What’s more eye browsing is the lad in black speedos. 

Edited by Midlands Yellow

On 10/09/2022 at 00:44, Midlands Yellow said:

Maybe, but does anyone know why the football authorities chose to ignore the official advice not to cancel events, whilst virtually all other sports, theatres, mass public events etc followed the advice and of course paid their respects at the start of or during the events - just as football has a very long tradition of doing?