Sign in to follow this  
GodlyOtsemobor

Queenie

Someone told me that the funeral will be 10 days after she died, by my reckoning that'll be a week on Sunday. They better not rob us of a bank holiday.

1 minute ago, canarydan23 said:

Someone told me that the funeral will be 10 days after she died, by my reckoning that'll be a week on Sunday. They better not rob us of a bank holiday.

11 days mourning as I understand it so that makes sense.

3 minutes ago, GodlyOtsemobor said:

Uh-huh..... 

There a better methods of cleaning boots than using your own tongue, old boy,

Edited by canarydan23

Just now, spencer 1970 said:

I was 30 minutes out. https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-61585886 Heard it from too many different sources for it not to be true.

Makes sense though, it's rush-hour traffic and heck only knows how far some of the family have had to travel. It's right in those cases that everyone's in place where possible.

I, too, am a republican at heart believing in meritocracy not hereditary privilege. However the one argument in favour of the monarchy that I find hard to ignore is that the monarch owes his/her position to no one so can be a rallying point in times of existential danger. The armed forces swear their allegiance to the crown not the government so if we ever got an extreme government they would not be able to rely on our armed forces to do their bidding if the monarch was opposed to extreme actions. Unlikely that we would ever have such a government I know as even the Corbynistas would not be so stupid.

27 minutes ago, canarydan23 said:

If she is dead, and the journalists know but are toeing the line, does that not concern you in a society meant to have a free press?

It could well be they don't know or she hasn't kicked the bucket, but if she has and they are all obediently waiting for the go ahead then that's definitely worrying.

Or they could just be respecting the family who have lost a loved one.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, canarydan23 said:

The funeral was always planned to be on a Sunday 

12 minutes ago, Crafty Canary said:

I, too, am a republican at heart believing in meritocracy not hereditary privilege. However the one argument in favour of the monarchy that I find hard to ignore is that the monarch owes his/her position to no one so can be a rallying point in times of existential danger. The armed forces swear their allegiance to the crown not the government so if we ever got an extreme government they would not be able to rely on our armed forces to do their bidding if the monarch was opposed to extreme actions. Unlikely that we would ever have such a government I know as even the Corbynistas would not be so stupid.

Dream on

4 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Or they could just be respecting the family who have lost a loved one.

Ah yes, because they were waiting for news as well.

1 hour ago, dylanisabaddog said:

Read it again. I'm not interested in what he did.  I'm concerned that our Monarch paid to challenge the rights of sex abuse victims in the court of our greatest ally in order to protect her disgusting son. 

If you support that you should hang your head in shame. What would you say if Joe Biden did it here? 

At a time like this you’re demonstrating what a nasty individual you are.  Go away and reflect.

Just now, Naturalcynic said:

At a time like this you’re demonstrating what a nasty individual you are.  Go away and reflect.

I have reflected at length why anyone would pay out £11m of our money to protect a sex offender. You're happy with that are you? What a nasty individual 

Just now, Well b back said:

Slightly off track but all theme parks closed tomorrow. 
I guess all events including our match will follow suit.

Netflix? 

2 minutes ago, Well b back said:

Slightly off track but all theme parks closed tomorrow. 
I guess all events including our match will follow suit.

Ridiculous.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, dylanisabaddog said:

I have reflected at length why anyone would pay out £11m of our money to protect a sex offender. You're happy with that are you? What a nasty individual 

Just shut up and go away.  Now.

Just shut up and go away.  Now.

Calm down mate, the Queen presided over a free country, your futile attempts at shutting him up are disrespectful to her.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, canarydan23 said:

Calm down mate, the Queen presided over a free country, your futile attempts at shutting him up are disrespectful to her.

Time and a place.  And don’t call me “mate”.

Jet 2 air hostess I know knew Queenie was dead at 15:40 according to her WA.

Did Boris and Truss visit a coffin yesterday?? 

Only negative thing I'll post is Liz Truss clearly slipped The Queen something. There can only be one Liz. The Queenslayer.

Edited by KiwiScot
  • Haha 2

Time and a place.  And don’t call me “mate”.

I'll call you what I want and there's not a great deal you can do about it sweetcheeks. Have you always been this desperate to control other people? It's very Kim Jong-Un-esque.

• Thanks 1

Who says there's a "time and a place?" Not aware of any legislation passed to this effect.