Sign in to follow this  
GodlyOtsemobor

Queenie

3 minutes ago, ricardo said:

Thankfully  the majority of people still retain a sense of respect regardless of political preference.

What's political about not liking our head of state funding an action against the rights of sex abuse victims? Where on the political spectrum does supporting that action sit?!

• Thanks 1

The fact there hasn't been a 'holding' statement at 6 o'clock is actually quite ominous. I guess they are just waiting for Harry to arrive and everybody to be in place.

Sad historic day whatever your thoughts on the monarchy

Edited by Yellow Fever
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

You can think what you like, but as many have said, you are showing nothing other than beligerence in a thread about someone who is probably dying or already gone. If that's your bag, you carry on, it's your perogative, but to most reasonable people it looks at the least, out of place.

If you feel like that stop telling me how to think. I was quite happy to sit quietly and wait for it to blow over until people like you told me how I should behave. Please have some respect for people who don't share your views. There are quite a lot of them. Probably around 48%

3 minutes ago, GodlyOtsemobor said:

There's been a couple of slips too, talking about her in the past tense etc. 

Indeed.

The reporter at Windsor was wearing a cream jacket, I just noticed even she is now totally in black.

To be fair to the reporters if they really do know something they are performing their trained duties admirably.

• Like 2

Bloody TV - constant loops of last engagements, two Range Rovers endlessly entering Balmoral…. Just put the local 6pm news on and break into it if she does drift off. This constant fawning by the media just goes to make Royal family more and more unpopular. 
Im no Republican but the MSM constant speculation and filling in interviews with so called celebrities just adds fuel to the fire for their demise.

2 minutes ago, Well b back said:

Indeed.

The reporter at Windsor was wearing a cream jacket, I just noticed even she is now totally in black.

To be fair to the reporters if they really do know something they are performing their trained duties admirably.

It's actually kind of worrying that they have that much influence over the press.

1 minute ago, canarydan23 said:

It's actually kind of worrying that they have that much influence over the press.

No the MSM want them either gone or causing a massive scandal. Sells advertising.

Edited by Foxy2600

"It's actually kind of worrying that they have that much influence over the press"

Is it worrying though. Or is it just national protocol. Like it or not. It is what it is. 

Edited by GodlyOtsemobor

1 minute ago, Foxy2600 said:

Bloody TV - constant loops of last engagements, two Range Rovers endlessly entering Balmoral…. Just put the local 6pm news on and break into it if she does drift off. This constant fawning by the media just goes to make Royal family more and more unpopular. 
Im no Republican but the MSM constant speculation and filling in interviews with so called celebrities just adds fuel to the fire for their demise.

They are surely treading water waiting for the announcement, if not then is this going to go on all night 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Foxy2600 said:

I think you'll have to get used to it. The coverage will last for days / weeks probably. And I know what you mean by the MSM. You'd better off staying away from TV!

After all, she is probably one of the most famous people in the world isn't she? 

Just now, GodlyOtsemobor said:

Is it worrying though. Or is it just national protocol. Like it or not. It is what it is. 

If she is dead, and the journalists know but are toeing the line, does that not concern you in a society meant to have a free press?

It could well be they don't know or she hasn't kicked the bucket, but if she has and they are all obediently waiting for the go ahead then that's definitely worrying.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, sonyc said:

I think you'll have to get used to it. The coverage will last for days / weeks probably. And I know what you mean by the MSM. You'd better off staying away from TV!

After all, she is probably one of the most famous people in the world isn't she? 

Yes I’ve taken the subject up with missus and she’s thrown me out off kitchen! 
Cue - endless reruns of Royal this that and the other clogging up Sky Q.  😂

Just now, canarydan23 said:

If she is dead, and the journalists know but are toeing the line, does that not concern you in a society meant to have a free press?

It could well be they don't know or she hasn't kicked the bucket, but if she has and they are all obediently waiting for the go ahead then that's definitely worrying.

No it doesn't worry me at all, the announcement will come when the announcement comes, she has a family, some of which aren't there yet, they are more than likely waiting for them to have their own moments with her then let general pop know after the go ahead! 

It's a matter of respect for a family, world famous monarch or not, we do not have any more right to know right here, right now than she/they have if me or you died. 

Oh....

Do you want me to polish that tin foil hat for you? It's looking abit dull. 

Just now, canarydan23 said:

Isn’t that what happens in everyday life, if a person is in accident and dies, their names are kept secret until the family have been informed.

With somebody so important dying you must also remember this effects a lot of things outside the Royal family such as stock markets.

1 minute ago, GodlyOtsemobor said:

No it doesn't worry me at all, the announcement will come when the announcement comes, she has a family, some of which aren't there yet, they are more than likely waiting for them to have their own moments with her then let general pop know after the go ahead! 

It's a matter of respect for a family, world famous monarch or not, we do not have any more right to know right here, right now than she/they have if me or you died. 

Oh....

Do you want me to polish that tin foil hat for you? It's looking abit dull. 

Tin foil hat? Do you understand what that means? Nothing conspiratorial about being concerned at thr hypothetical situation that we're sat watching journalists who know the Queen is dead but won't say.

I completely agree that it's up to the family when to reveal it, but if they choose to tell the press, allegedly the free press, they should expect it to get out. If they have, and it hasn't, that's a worry.

Well, she had a grand innings. RIP Your Majesty.

Hopefully she didn't suffer unduly in her final hours, hopefully all the family can find strength over the coming days and weeks, and may the truth come to light.

4 minutes ago, canarydan23 said:

Tin foil hat? Do you understand what that means? Nothing conspiratorial about being concerned at thr hypothetical situation that we're sat watching journalists who know the Queen is dead but won't say.

I completely agree that it's up to the family when to reveal it, but if they choose to tell the press, allegedly the free press, they should expect it to get out. If they have, and it hasn't, that's a worry.

Uh-huh.....