Sign in to follow this  
GodlyOtsemobor

Queenie

Not looking good is it, under medical supervision, family all rushing to balmoral. 

Will be a sad day if it's coming to an end as for most of us she the only monarch we've known, even if you don't like the royals (I for one do believe it's outdated but also concede it's apart of British heritage etc) 

GSTQ

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, GodlyOtsemobor said:

Not looking good is it, under medical supervision, family all rushing to balmoral. 

Will be a sad day if it's coming to an end as for most of us she the only monarch we've known, even if you don't like the royals (I for one do believe it's outdated but also concede it's apart of British heritage etc) 

GSTQ

Being part of a nation's heritage is no reason to keep something, if that thing is indeed outdated as you say. Wouldn't wish ill health on anyone but perhaps a conversation now as a nation to decide whether this institution is relevant anymore, is something we should do.

Edited by JB

If the Queen does die at Balmoral protocol says that she will be moved to Holyrood house and the funeral will be at St. Giles Cathedral in Edinburgh, she will then be transported by royal train for the burial.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, A Load of Squit said:

If the Queen does die at Balmoral protocol says that she will be moved to Holyrood house and the funeral will be at St. Giles Cathedral in Edinburgh, she will then be transported by royal train for the burial.

If there's at least one thing we all know about her possible death is that countless plans regarding it have been planned in full for decades and every possible scenario has been thought of and practiced for hundreds of times

Edited by cambridgeshire canary

15 minutes ago, Well b back said:

Beginning to sound like if not already dead is very close.

Not sure... whilst we can never be fully certain if this is slightly puffed up to ease any sense of unease, it looks like she's been seen out on the grounds.

The main thing at her age is that these episodes can come up more rapidly and have a negative effect more rapidly too.

image.png

Edited by TheGunnShow
So useful I initially pasted it in twice.

7 minutes ago, Well b back said:

Hope I am wrong but noticeable that the news readers are now wearing black ties

And the lady reporters are in black coats.

Like I say let’s hope I am reading to much into it

28 minutes ago, Well b back said:

And the lady reporters are in black coats.

Like I say let’s hope I am reading to much into it

Undoubtedly they are preparing the ground - especially with the new that the family are gathering.

52 minutes ago, Well b back said:

Hope I am wrong but noticeable that the news readers are now wearing black ties

Yep, even the sign language fella on BBC news on sky is all in black. 

IMG_20220908_151326031.jpg

Edited by GodlyOtsemobor

32 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

You can forget tomorrow night's game

Yes that was my thought too- if she's passed then no way there will be football tomorrow night (which I personally think is a bit silly but ho hum).

2 hours ago, A Load of Squit said:

Not sure this is actually true. Apparently Operation Unicorn is launched should she die in Scotland and the first part you mention seems to be as per the official 'protocol' with St. Giles Cathedral also mentioned (possibly for people to pay their respects?) but the funeral will be in Westminster Abbey. That's how I read it but could be wrong of course.

4 minutes ago, yellowrider120 said:

Not sure this is actually true. Apparently Operation Unicorn is launched should she die in Scotland and the first part you mention seems to be as per the official 'protocol' with St. Giles Cathedral also mentioned (possibly for people to pay their respects?) but the funeral will be in Westminster Abbey. That's how I read it but could be wrong of course.

I was going from this.

https://britishheritage.com/royals/queen-elizabeth-ii-dies

If the Queen dies while in Balmoral, things change slightly. Her body will be moved to Holyroodhouse in Edinburgh and then carried up the Royal Mile to St. Giles Cathedral for a funeral service. By then the public will be notified and will likely line up to throw flowers at the Royal Train, which will carry the body back to London for the burial service.

5 minutes ago, yellowrider120 said:

When I was last in London, I went to Westminster Abbey and did the guided tour. The tour mentioned that all royal weddings are held there, and a Norwegian lady asked if in the event the queen did pass what would happen and they confirmed the funeral would be held there.

3 hours ago, JB said:

Being part of a nation's heritage is no reason to keep something, if that thing is indeed outdated as you say. Wouldn't wish ill health on anyone but perhaps a conversation now as a nation to decide whether this institution is relevant anymore, is something we should do.

Probably not the time for this discussion, but... I’m a republican (in the UK sense, not US) but I can’t see a snowflake’s chance in hell of anything changing with the monarchy for many, many years. Too many people too eager to doff their forelocks to the ruling class still.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Nuff Said said:

Probably not the time for this discussion, but... I’m a republican (in the UK sense, not US) but I can’t see a snowflake’s chance in hell of anything changing with the monarchy for many, many years. Too many people too eager to doff their forelocks to the ruling class still.

Exactly, things won't change but the scales are starting to tip towards not wanting them anymore, but I'm with you as a Republican. I do feel on the contrary though, that now is the ideal time to talk about it as it's very likely to be the end of an era soon. 

• Like 1

Surely this thread should be about sympathy / concern / honouring Queen Elizabeth 11 who has served us all with great dignity. 
Wether or not there should still be a monarchy should be saved for another day, or at least placed onto a new thread.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Apparently already gone. they're waiting for the rest of the family to reach Balmoral before announcing it. 

I've heard from a pal that works at The Scum, and another who's a pa for a Baroness.