Sign in to follow this  
Mr Angry

Parking at Burnley

I’ve got to drive to Burnley tomorrrow as although I only live about 40 miles away the train timetable is against me.

Has anyone got any suggestions for where would be the best place to park in Burnley? There are suggestions on the Burnley website which I will check but was hoping for someone with first hand experience.

Cheers

32 minutes ago, Nuff Said said:

You’re obviously an ex-boy scout, I normally look just as I get in the car and end up making myself late. I always use this site, normally pretty reliable: https://footballgroundguide.com/leagues/england/premier-league/turf-moor-burnley.html

See you there! OTBC!

Thanks, that is probably what I was looking for! Looks like the Queen Victoria pub might be a good idea.

34 minutes ago, Ken Hairy said:

Last time I went I parked at the Cricket club next to the ground. This was a few years back though 

Did it take long to get out? Having been caught for an hour or more at some grounds, a quick getaway (AFTER the final whistle though) is high up my list of priorities. Probably third after making a note of where I’ve left the car (I once spent over an hour tramping the back streets of Hull looking for it) and not wanting it stolen.

• Haha 1

51 minutes ago, Ken Hairy said:

Last time I went I parked at the Cricket club next to the ground. This was a few years back though 

I went to the cricket club for a drink after the game last season, the car park looked rammed. The Queen Vic does food and I’ll be leaving home early so this is a good option. I just hope it isn’t run by a former Eastender 🤣

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nuff Said said:

Did it take long to get out? Having been caught for an hour or more at some grounds, a quick getaway (AFTER the final whistle though) is high up my list of priorities. Probably third after making a note of where I’ve left the car (I once spent over an hour tramping the back streets of Hull looking for it) and not wanting it stolen.

I'll be honest I can't really remember, I can't recall getting held up much though 

Last season I parked in the main shopping centre car park which is about 10-15 minutes walk to the ground. A bargain at 60p all afternoon for a staffed and monitored car park frequented more by locals doing their shopping than any rough football element! 

Shopping centre car parks are your friend at any town centre ground (although as an away fan the bays in Norwich John Lewis car park are rather snug for modern cars!). 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, aBee said:

Last season I parked in the main shopping centre car park which is about 10-15 minutes walk to the ground. A bargain at 60p all afternoon for a staffed and monitored car park frequented more by locals doing their shopping than any rough football element! 

Shopping centre car parks are your friend at any town centre ground (although as an away fan the bays in Norwich John Lewis car park are rather snug for modern cars!). 

Yeah, I’ve parked in one at Reading before. Can you remember the name of the shopping centre?

3 hours ago, Nuff Said said:

Last time I went I parked at the Cricket Ground, it's next door to the ground, you can use the bar in the pavilion.

It did take a very long time to get out.

If you want a quick get away then don't park there.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Mr Angry said:

Yeah, I’ve parked in one at Reading before. Can you remember the name of the shopping centre?

You’ll need to be sure it’s still open after the game though. I wouldn’t fancy spending a night on a park bench in Burnley 😕.

1 minute ago, dylanisabaddog said:

As KG has said on the Queenie thread, there is unlikely to be a game tomorrow night 

That hadn’t occurred to me. 😔

1 minute ago, dylanisabaddog said:

Me neither till KG mentioned it. Let's hope she hangs on till Saturday 

I don’t want to be disrespectful but this my first away game since COVID. ☹️

2 minutes ago, Nuff Said said:

I don’t want to be disrespectful but this my first away game since COVID. ☹️

I don't want to be disrespectful either but we are close to public hysteria already. Surely it's a matter of choice? I'm completely baffled by it. Why should I have someone else's emotions stuffed down my throat?  Apparently there will be 11 days of national mourning. 

Download Your Parking Space app. £3 to park at Premier Inn between 7 and 11 tomorrow, .57 miles away...

Edited by Fuzzar
  • Thanks 1

Loads of parking around the ground on makeshift car parks, usually around a fiver, 2 minutes walk. Stick to the cricket ground side though.

19 hours ago, Mr Angry said:

Looking it up it was Charter Walk Shopping Centre and it has lots of different car parks. Unfortunately the one I went to seems to have gone up in price from the 60p which was barely worth collecting. Pioneer car park
https://maps.app.goo.gl/tk7MXD1xFE7jxsmM6?g_st=ic

I think you can also park for free in the car parks in Towneley Park which is actually a really lovely park if you’re getting there early. 

34 minutes ago, aBee said:

Looking it up it was Charter Walk Shopping Centre and it has lots of different car parks. Unfortunately the one I went to seems to have gone up in price from the 60p which was barely worth collecting. Pioneer car park
https://maps.app.goo.gl/tk7MXD1xFE7jxsmM6?g_st=ic

I think you can also park for free in the car parks in Towneley Park which is actually a really lovely park if you’re getting there early. 

Thanks-hopefully the rearranged game will be at a more convenient time so I can get the train but I’ll keep this in mind.

7 hours ago, Mr Angry said:

Thanks-hopefully the rearranged game will be at a more convenient time so I can get the train but I’ll keep this in mind.

Re-arranged games are pretty much always midweek, and in the evening I'm afraid

1 hour ago, PockthorpePete said:

Re-arranged games are pretty much always midweek, and in the evening I'm afraid

Maybe we’ll both get knocked out of the FA cup in the 3rd round 😳then we can play on Saturday 😜

Plenty of parking now..

In regards to rearranged games, I presume the World Cup break is to protect teams with players unavailable on intnl duty like a normal intnl break but presumably if both teams agree, games can be fitted in between Nov 13Dec 18 

52 minutes ago, glory.win or die. said:

Plenty of parking now..

In regards to rearranged games, I presume the World Cup break is to protect teams with players unavailable on intnl duty like a normal intnl break but presumably if both teams agree, games can be fitted in between Nov 13Dec 18 

Don't you want Sargent to play?

If he continues his current form I would be surprised he didn't make the US squad.

Having said that Burnley have form in getting matches rearranged to suit them...