Sign in to follow this  
Dennis The Menace

It's disloyal to want Worthy out.

Has anyone heard of disloyalty? He got us into the premier league and now a few of you want him out, I bet you all went to see the tour bus when it came through the city with the players on, how wonderful that was, did you call for him out then? if you didn''t then why now? Do any of you feel guilty?He won''t walk..click the link.

How long are unhappy and out of pocket supporters to keep quiet? Do they just go on reaching into the pockets and wallets, until the situation is so desperate  that we are relegated, or at such a low ebb that it will take years to pull things round.Worthington did take us to the premiership, but we are now back to Hamilton type results, having spent £13m along the way,and made over 50 signings, loan and permanent ,over the period. In fact of the 30+ permanent signings, half have disappeared very quickly - some so disappointing that their contracts were bought out!It is like walking a tight-rope. How do you show the club you are very unhappy about the signings, selection, tactics and lack of motivation, without pushing the evident low morale of the players any lower? Have season ticket holders and general spectators got to bring the club into financial difficulties byt staying away in numbers?Things are not good at the club, and most of the recent signings are not picked regularly picked, except the Manager''s favourite who shouldn''t be picked in any case!

is your point that a previously successful manager should never be replaced or questioned over their abilities if things are not going well

I was in the crowd that evening as I was in every game that got us there, I also celebrated every goal that Iwan scored for us but I am glad he doesn''t play for us anymore as he wouldn''t cut it (although with Thorne in the team I could be wrong).

Obviously these are different scenarios but the point is similiar, that things change over time and for all he has done a large number of people are of the opinion that he can no longer do what he has in the past. What is exactly wrong with that, you may not agree and you may believe that he can do the job. Personally I do not and that does not make me a disloyal fan, it makes me a fan with an opinion different to yours. Disloyal would be

• no sell out crowds when the results are awful at home
  • not having one of the largest bases of away fans when results are awful
  • not waiting for over half the season to raise the negative feelings regarding the manager and team (remember this is not a recent dip in form)

Whilst I don''t agree with you I do agree that your view can be different but I would warrant that we are both passionate and loyal fans 

yes .. I went to City Hall .. I followed the bus with the milk Cup on it .also celebrated at watford and much longer, back in the saunder,s era..   Those  managers have all gone they had their day and sadly Nigel has had his.  If the board  had the same conviction and acted as they have in the past when things were equally as bad. Then none of what you read, hear and see wouldn''t have needed to have been done.

The Board have escalated the problems and caused the reaction from fans what we are witnessing now.

I sincerely hoped Worthington could have turned things around, but clearly he hasn''t the capabilities to do so, or it would have been done by now this late in the season.

As to your  dis or loyality .. are  the Newcastle fans, The Leicester Fans The Derby Fans, The Mansfield Fans  and the Sunderlands Fans all disloyal ? 

Becuase fans see things differently and want what they consider the best for the club.. it doesn''t make them disloyal or less a supporter than you or me. 

What could be termed disloyal is claiming to be a supporter of a particular team.. and perferring to stay at home and watch TV..while a perfectly good VCR sits unsed..

It was disloyal for Worthy to Sell Mackay on the verge of the premiership season...  After telling him he wouldnt be needed and it was ''better'' if he left

He thought Mackay wouldnt be up to the job anymore.

Is it disloyal for me to want worthy to leave...

Because I don''t think Worthy is up to the job anymore.

[quote user="Dennis The Menace"]Has anyone heard of disloyalty? He got us into the premier league ...[/quote]

Did he? or did Norwich City Football Club, with him included; go to the promised land? If he is responsible for that, than he is equally responsible for the Canaries no longer being there and on top of that the current situation. If the manager''s position is that powerful, why arent we saving up transfer money for Jose Mourinho?

It was disloyal of the Americans to declare independence from George III in 1776 but sometimes, disloyalty is the right and best path to take.  Sometimes, the reasons for loyalty disappear.

Anyway, aren''t you confusing loyalty with gratitude?  Gratitude for what Worthy achieved does not mean we have to employ him for life come what may!

no... its not disloyal!

do u think its Disloyal for a company to "replace" a 59 year old who has worked at the same place for 43 years with a pimply faced 16 year old because they are cheaper?

do u think its "disloyal" for a company to enter into terms with another company to buy its products only to back out at the 11th hour?

its not disloyalty... its business.... Business is cut throat, Business is a B**ch... whatch the apprentice to see how business works...

football is the same.. Woirthington has done well in the past but the business is failing now and needs to be rescued... its not disloyal, its doing what needs to be done to keep peoples interests at heart

jas :)

why didnt we call for his head when we were promoted? Simple answer we were promoted and winning football matches you idiot. In case you havent noticed we are not winning anymore! Oh yeah it not just a "few of us" who want him out its the MAJORITY.

It is not disloyal at all it is an opinion. I have paid for a three year season ticket up front and will be at CR next season and the season after that. Even if I did not have a three year season ticket I would have renewed and I will keep going to watch NCFC until it is physically impossible for me to do so. I have paid my money, I have seen what has been served up as "entertainment" and I have an opinion, which is that NW has taken us as far as he can and its time for a change, you have a different opinion, the difference between us is that I respect your opinion but you do not respect mine.

[quote user="Dennis The Menace"]

Has anyone heard of disloyalty? He got us into the premier league and now a few of you want him out, I bet you all went to see the tour bus when it came through the city with the players on, how wonderful that was, did you call for him out then? if you didn''t then why now? Do any of you feel guilty?

He won''t walk..click the link.
[/quote]

Your being a bit short-sighted mate. The Reality of the matter is that that was then and this is now! I don''t see myself as being disloyal to the club, If I was disloyal I wouldn''t be on this forum, i''d be on a chelsea or man utd forum but i''m not. I don''t think your being disloyal to the club cause at the end of the day you''ve supported the club during various managers. Yes I was happy when we got into the premiership and yes, Worthy did a great job that season but this season is a different story. He hasnt improved the team, he''s tried but most of his recent signings have been flops. I have nothing against Worthy or Livermore or any of the board but when your club is in trouble you have to do something about it!

One little question for you Dennis the Menace, What you stay loyal to Worthy if we got relegated or if we stayed a mid-table club in the championship for a few years when under a different manager we could be in play-off country or even automatic promotion area?

I think by the very definition of the word, it is disloyal, but that doesnt have to be a negative word. To me loyalty is when you stick with someone or something when at that moment you have more reasons for dumping someone than keeping them. Loyalty, or marriage, or anything requiring commitment is easier when everything is smelling of roses.

In the true sense of the word, maybe the fans are - but its the downward spiral that Worthy has taken us since gaining promotion that has caused all the unrest. If he is responsible for getting us up, then it goes that he is equally responsible for creating the absolute mess we are in at the minute.

We are the most affluent we have ever been, after a period of success just on the verge of becoming an established team with hopes of being in the Prem for more than one season(see West Ham + Wigan for example).

For us to blow it so spectacularly, and find our club in the predicament we are in now, with sub standard Div One Players, best players sold, useless long ball tactics, and distinct lack of ambition, that is making the consensus angry.

Its a good point you make, that the we have turned pretty quickly - I suspect that the Fulham game is still sore with most people, and since that day, the annoyance has been exacerbated over time, due to the factors listed above. But there is a fine line between loyalty and blind faith. And it implies that Worthless and the board are on some pedestal, which we have to worship at the feet of.

But you cant expect intelligent fans to sit back and not have an opinion on something we are passionate about - Norwich City.

stop living in the past.

this man did get us up. he also got us relegated. every manager has a shelf life nw has had his.

does he feel guilty about all the money he has wasted on crap players this year.

does he feel guilty about all the dross his team are serving up to us this year.

wothy out.

[quote user="Dennis The Menace"]There are several threads on here that say different.
[/quote]

i''ll take ur several and raise u 100... because thats the ratio 100/1 of how many want him out in threads on here

jas :)

Ken Brown won us the Milk Cup back in 85. Presumably he should still be manager, so Stringer, Worthy, Walker, Deehan, Megson, O''Neill, Hamilton and Rioch should never have been given a chance.

[quote user="Dennis The Menace"]Has anyone heard of disloyalty? He got us into the premier league and now a few of you want him out, I bet you all went to see the tour bus when it came through the city with the players on, how wonderful that was, did you call for him out then? if you didn''t then why now? Do any of you feel guilty?

He won''t walk..click the link.
[/quote]

I actually know somebody that wanted worthy out then! but its not about living in the past

[quote user="Dennis The Menace"]I bet you all went to see the tour bus when it came through the city with the players on, how wonderful that was, did you call for him out then? if you didn''t then why now?

[/quote] Do you really need someone to answer that??? I''ll give you a clue - the situation now is ever so slightly different to when we won the league.