Sign in to follow this  
Yellow Green Army

Rashica to Galatasary

I hope we put in a option of a purchase at the end of the loan.

Firstly if I look at our season if we stay down, Rashica is not going to be wanting to play in the championship and and will become another Naismith. Tough to sell or loan unless he has a good season, but no guarantees that bids come in as it was so quiet this year.

If we go up, we will have a new style, we will need new additions who are big, strong and physical. I can't see those players who are out on loan then coming back and fitting the new style.

1 hour ago, Capt. Pants said:

Have to say I am disappointed and surprised we've given up on Milot so quickly into this season. We're hardly into it and a long long way to go yet.

Last season's recruitment is nothing short of horrific really. We've got the best part of £20m tied up in Rashica and Tzolis plus there was the opportunity cost meaning we couldn't sign anyone in January.

I just hope that was a one off bad spell and we haven't repeated the same thing with Sara.

Let's look at the facts this season: Rashica starts 3, points 1; Rashica doesn't start 5, points 15. We even looked pretty awful in the final 10 minutes against 10 man Huddersfield after he came on. 

Edited by Petriix

51 minutes ago, Dr Greenthumb said:

They said Tzolis was raw and didn’t expect him to adapt instantly. Rashica was Buendias “replacement”

Who are “they”? I saw lots of comments that Rashica *wasn’t* Buendia’s replacement, find one that does?

I think we all have to put our hands up and say that at the time we thought it was a cracking signing. Its just sort of funny that every time we attempt a big 'marquee' signing it ends in tears, see RVW and Naismith for the last two times we went in on a player that was 'already established'.

Hard to know exactly what went wrong, perhaps the mixture of changing country and a leagues to move to a team who were always up against it was going to be a big ask. Perhaps one could also argue that Norwich would have an easier time of it against most of the German sides in the top league outside of their top 6. 

Was given a chance to impress, and I thought perhaps he would look a class above in the Championship, but frankly Ive been more impressed by Sinani on the ball and Hernandez with the direct runs that anything we've seen from Raschia. Such a shame, fun song too,

1 hour ago, king canary said:

I think there are a couple of key differences between Tzolis and Rashica.

Firstly age- Rashica is at the age where he should be coming into the prime of his career. Tzolis still feels like he has more development to do.

Secondly, Rashica got a lot of chances and minutes both this season and last. We've seen what he can offer in a Norwich shirt and it ain't much. Tzolis didn't get those chances.

There is, of course, a chance that he goes away, does brilliantly and comes back here but I'd rate the chances of it significantly lower than Tzolis to the extent I'd be surprised if Rashica wears a Norwich shirt again.

Obviously they aren’t directly equivalent. But we do have a player who isn’t currently performing to their hoped-for level. If the loan helps them find the ability we wanted to see when we bought them, then it’s a positive for us.

13 minutes ago, Nuff Said said:

Obviously they aren’t directly equivalent. But we do have a player who isn’t currently performing to their hoped-for level. If the loan helps them find the ability we wanted to see when we bought them, then it’s a positive for us.

I guess it is a glass half full/empty situation isn't it? The more positive spin is yours, the negative is we paid £10m+ for a player who was supposed to be a key player for us in the Premier League and he's had to be loaned out as he isn't even cutting it in the Championship. It isn't inherently positive to be loaning out a player like Rashica who should be making an impact for us but it is probably the best chance to make the best of a bad situation.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, smooth said:

I hope we put in a option of a purchase at the end of the loan.

Firstly if I look at our season if we stay down, Rashica is not going to be wanting to play in the championship and and will become another Naismith. Tough to sell or loan unless he has a good season, but no guarantees that bids come in as it was so quiet this year.

If we go up, we will have a new style, we will need new additions who are big, strong and physical. I can't see those players who are out on loan then coming back and fitting the new style.

Pointless if it’s just an option though… needs to be a mandatory purchase depending on clauses being met.

Rashica never really looked comfortable in the side, so perhaps he just wasn't the right fit for us, or us for him. Our 'big' signings never seem to work, and last year's intake seemed a particularly poor return on investment.

Having said that, Sargeant does seem to be coming on in the Champs WHEN we play him in the correct position. Let's hope it gives him the confidence to kick on and maybe be a half decent PL player.

So it sounds like a loan deal because he wanted to "go and play games". How about he actually works harder and plays games here

1 hour ago, Dean Coneys boots said:

Argos is far superior 

That's why the best club we could get for him was Birmingham and Rashica is off to Galatasaray. 

Prior to Norwich Rashica had a 1 in 2 goal/assist rate in the Bundesliga whilst Hernandez had a 1 in 6 goal/assist rate in their second tier.

2 hours ago, Petriix said:

Let's look at the facts this season: Rashica starts 3, points 1; Rashica doesn't start 5, points 15. We even looked pretty awful in the final 10 minutes against 10 man Huddersfield after he came on. 

Yes the consensus does seem to be he's utter ****e and we get rid. 

Although people were also saying we can't judge Smith on a small number of games but it's perfectly fine to do that with the (some) players.

46 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

Yes the consensus does seem to be he's utter ****e and we get rid. 

Although people were also saying we can't judge Smith on a small number of games but it's perfectly fine to do that with the (some) players.

I'm judging Rashica on the whole of last season as well as the opening games of this one.

Far and away his best performance last season was away at Watford-looked a handful down the wing and provided a great cross for Sarge’s second goal.

Apart from that, not much.

Was excellent in Farke's last game at Brentford, had just got into his rhythm at that point and was injured a couple of games later. 

We're Norwich fans though so of course we're happy to settle for funny Argos tiktok man.

3 hours ago, Petriix said:

That's a bit selective as it's a similar story for Pukki

10 minutes ago, KeiranShikari said:

Was excellent in Farke's last game at Brentford, had just got into his rhythm at that point and was injured a couple of games later. 

We're Norwich fans though so of course we're happy to settle for funny Argos tiktok man.

Onel is up for it, Rashica has the look of a man who doesn't want to be here. 

That's the difference, and why Rashica should go to the easier Turkish league so he can look good against poor opposition rather than staying and working on himself to try and become a better player and making it in England. 

Let's be honest, that's what he's doing. Sure he'll look great against Umraniye, Giresunspor and Hatayspor, whoever the f*ck they are. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, KeiranShikari said:

I think 'happy to settle for' is a bit of a misnomer. For all the Emperors New Clothes routine about how much better a player Milot is, him and Hernandez have the same number of PL goals. The latter has also in the past been a match winner for us at this level, and has done so this season already

We don't need players than performed a few years ago for Werder Bremen. We need players performing for Norwich City right now; out of the two, that is Hernandez whether or not his Fifa card is better.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Nuff Said said:

Who are “they”? I saw lots of comments that Rashica *wasn’t* Buendia’s replacement, find one that does?

Google it…

Just now, Dr Greenthumb said:

Google it…

No. You made the claim, either back it up with evidence or we have to assume you can’t.

Just now, Nuff Said said:

No. You made the claim, either back it up with evidence or we have to assume you can’t.

Like you can’t use google you mean?

8 minutes ago, Nuff Said said:

Tzolis-

“I’m always careful in praising young talents too much,” said Farke about his latest signing. “The best way is always to protect them little bit and work with them on a daily basis. We are all happy to have him and we see a lot in his potential and skills. But they have to learn a lot, to adapt to a new country, a new football culture and then the best league in the world. We have to be careful in our expectations and not put too much expectation on their shoulders.

“We have the feeling he is a top signing for the mid and the long-term, and we also have many hopes he can already deliver in the short term. But you know my attitude. He hasn’t played one game in a top flight so we don’t expect that he can cut all of the Premier League into pieces. We will give him the time to adapt to this level.”

48 minutes ago, Dr Greenthumb said:

So one “German football expert” said Rashica is quite like Buendia. Maybe I misunderstood your post but I got the impression you were claiming someone in authority at the club had said he was replacing him, or at least that lots of people on here had said it:

”They said Tzolis was raw and didn’t expect him to adapt instantly. Rashica was Buendias “replacement” “

25 minutes ago, Nuff Said said:

So one “German football expert” said Rashica is quite like Buendia. Maybe I misunderstood your post but I got the impression you were claiming someone in authority at the club had said he was replacing him, or at least that lots of people on here had said it:

”They said Tzolis was raw and didn’t expect him to adapt instantly. Rashica was Buendias “replacement” “

Not at all, there’s other articles stating it, not just Hagan, but I won’t litter the discussion with it.I don’t believe the rubbish that he was Buendias replacement, he was just perceived to be.
Agree with Tzolis being raw though. Just annoyed he wasn’t given the chances Rashica  was!

• Like 2