Sign in to follow this  
Yellow Green Army

Rashica to Galatasary

He showed little last year, and hasn't shown he can make an impact this year. Looks like he doesn't want to play for us in EFL, so good riddance to him. I don't think we'll really miss him

Is it permanent or a loan? 

Let’s just hope he’s better for Galatasaray than he’s been for us, or we’ll never get rid of him. 

No revisionism from me, at absolute best he’s been underwhelming. 

1 hour ago, Pyro Pete said:

One heavily deflected goal and three assists is a poor return for any regular starter.

You can only shoot at what’s in front of ya 🙂

28 minutes ago, Ken Hairy said:

Last year's recruitment goes from bad to worse

Looks like it KH. 

31 minutes ago, GenerationA47 said:

You can only shoot at what’s in front of ya 🙂

Welll... 😞

Backheel Goal GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

Edited by Google Bot
  • Like 1

I always thought he was awful, from the very first game he played in the league against Liverpool.

Early in the first half, Norwich won the ball when Liverpool had all their outfield players in our half. The ball was played to Rashica on the left and Pukki made the perfect run behind the defence.

All Rashica had to do was put the ball into the open space and Pukki had a clear run at goal. Instead, he attempted to take on the two defenders near him, taking two or three touches before losing the ball.

I was astounded that we could have gone from the highs of Farkeball to signing players with so little vision and awareness. And he simply never did learn how to pass, always taking too many touches and hitting aimless crosses.

If there 'is a player in there' then he's exceptionally well hidden. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TIL 1010 said:

Another recruitment masterclass from Webber.

And to think Webber criticised his predecessor for pissing money up the wall 😡

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Petriix said:

I always thought he was awful, from the very first game he played in the league against Liverpool.

Ha, yeah I certainly wasn't thinking of you when I used the word 'revisionism'. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Robert N. LiM said:

This is a genuine question: does anyone else feel there's been a bit of revisionism about him lately? Seems like everyone agrees he's been rubbish for us ever since he signed. But my memory of last season is that he did ok. Obviously not great, but probably the best of the three 'big'-money signings: you'd put him above Sargent and Tzolis based on last year, wouldn't you? He clearly had a poor start to this season, and those suspecting that he didn't really want to play for us in the Champs would seem to have a point (though Smith consistently praised his attitude in training). But what was it, three games before he was left out? 

Have to say, I was hoping that the window closing would focus his mind, that we'd keep him around and see what we can get out of him this season. Sargent's currently looking like a really good Championship forward, and I'm not sure how many would have predicted that on July 30th.

I think it's quite funny that many pinned a lot of hopes this year on rachica and were pant wetting to make sure he stayed. The same fans offering Josh away for the price of the taxi fare and a donor kebab.

Oh how things have switched around 

• Like 3

Just now, Nexus_Canary said:

I think it's quite funny that many pinned a lot of hopes this year on rachica and were pant wetting to make sure he stayed. The same fans offering Josh away for the price of the taxi fare and a donor kebab.

Oh how things have switched around 

I'm this close to doing a search for the phrase "tear up the Championship"

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Robert N. LiM said:

I'm this close to doing a search for the phrase "tear up the Championship"

Yeh while your at it search for "warned by multiple sources he's not a striker"

You will get loads of hits for those 😁

I thought he showed some bright sparks at the start of the season/when Smith came in but in hindsight it was a bit flattering to deceive. 

I really thought he'd take this level by storm though but it just hasn't happened. You'd hope a decent season in Turkey means we can recoup a decent fee for him.

As for last seasons recruitment- the return on the investment doesn't look great. It has given us a solid Championship striker/winger, a back up keeper and a complete unknown in Tzolis. 

I'm hoping that this indicates that Johnny Rowe will be back soon. Rowe created far more than Rashica last season on far fewer minutes and in 2 years will be twice the player. 

Out-and-out wingers in a Farke team never looked the best of fits in hindsight, and it didn't help that Gilmour was sorely underpowered as for me it was fairly clear Farke's aim was to use Gilmour as a Leitner upgrade to turn defence into attack using fairly pacey wingers driving into spaces left by teams attacking in numbers. He did have flashes where his direct running got us up the field and took some pressure off, but they were all too fleeting. Really, he was more a victim of our midfield not being up to scratch and he didn't have too much to aim at.

If Galatasaray are paying all his wages and giving him games, they should be a dominant enough team for him to shine and look good again. Best of luck to him.

25 minutes ago, TheGunnShow said:

Really, he was more a victim of our midfield not being up to scratch and he didn't have too much to aim at.

This is the sort of thing I remember as being the accepted wisdom last season.

22 minutes ago, TheGunnShow said:

He did have flashes where his direct running got us up the field and took some pressure off, but they were all too fleeting. Really, he was more a victim of our midfield not being up to scratch and he didn't have too much to aim at.

There's not really much point in getting us up the field if the conclusion is always to provide catching practice for the opposition keeper. And here's a crazy thought: if there's no unmarked attacker making a run into the box then there's really no point in 'aiming' at all. 

Sadly Rashica lacks the intelligence and awareness to play the kind of modern, passing game that we do. You need to know where your team mates are and what they're going to do rather than doing the same thing repeatedly and wondering why it never works. 

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Petriix said:

There's not really much point in getting us up the field if the conclusion is always to provide catching practice for the opposition keeper. And here's a crazy thought: if there's no unmarked attacker making a run into the box then there's really no point in 'aiming' at all. 

Sadly Rashica lacks the intelligence and awareness to play the kind of modern, passing game that we do. You need to know where your team mates are and what they're going to do rather than doing the same thing repeatedly and wondering why it never works. 

Yes and no, but don't forget that Farke tried moving away from the Farkeball that overpowered the Championship and was caught between two stools, then Smith decided to play almost an anti-Farkeball as he thought that would help us be somewhat competitive.

I can see the argument for him not necessarily having the passing game, but would say we weren't able to play one in the Premier League anyway. Knowing where your team-mates are is useful, but part of our issues was that we lacked the power and pace to be able to work ourselves space for much time anyway.

Rashica has been pretty dire since he arrived. It sounds like a loan where perhaps he can back with more confidence or there is an option to sell at the end of it (hopefully off the back of a good season). We need to really learn by these recruitment mistakes as our recruitment last season quite frankly gave us no chance to stay up. In reality look at teams like Brentford where we should really be on a level par with, but clearly they have their recruitment bang on, where ours really is hit and miss. Ps. why arent we Brentford 🙂

Edited by jaberry2

Have to say I am disappointed and surprised we've given up on Milot so quickly into this season. We're hardly into it and a long long way to go yet.

Last season's recruitment is nothing short of horrific really. We've got the best part of £20m tied up in Rashica and Tzolis plus there was the opportunity cost meaning we couldn't sign anyone in January.

I just hope that was a one off bad spell and we haven't repeated the same thing with Sara.

15 hours ago, Capt. Pants said:

Leaves us a bit thin on the ground for wide men this season with Placheta, Tzolis and Rashica gone and Rowe out for a while. Shame the transfer didn't happen during the English window.

In > Hernandez, Sinani, Cantwell. Haven't got that new car smell but no thinner on the ground than last season.

Idah can also do a job as an inside forward, Ramsey looks good through centre but OK wide too. Arguably we're stronger or as strong in those positions.

4 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

Have to say I am disappointed and surprised we've given up on Milot so quickly into this season. We're hardly into it and a long long way to go yet.

Last season's recruitment is nothing short of horrific really. We've got the best part of £20m tied up in Rashica and Tzolis plus there was the opportunity cost meaning we couldn't sign anyone in January.

I just hope that was a one off bad spell and we haven't repeated the same thing with Sara.

I imagine if he got his head in the right frame of mind he would of played himself into contention again. Shows how fragile mentally with confidence some of these players really are. Says quite a lot about his character to just potentially move on rather than fight, but of course I / or anyone else dont really know the full picture and what really happens behind the scenes.

I’m not sure why we’re not hearing similar analyses to Tzolis’ loan, but that’s how I see it. Rashica is off our books for a season. If he’s any good in Turkey and we go up, we get a rejuvenated player who will be remotivated for the Premier League. If not, at least he’s not costing us anything.

Yes, at the moment it’s a failed transfer but as many have said, these things happen, and at least we have mitigated the damage to the club. We’re not left with a huge wage bill and tuppence hapenny coming in as a loan fee from a Scottish club as with Naismith.

1 minute ago, Nuff Said said:

I’m not sure why we’re not hearing similar analyses to Tzolis’ loan, but that’s how I see it. Rashica is off our books for a season. If he’s any good in Turkey and we go up, we get a rejuvenated player who will be remotivated for the Premier League. If not, at least he’s not costing us anything.

Yes, at the moment it’s a failed transfer but as many have said, these things happen, and at least we have mitigated the damage to the club. We’re not left with a huge wage bill and tuppence hapenny coming in as a loan fee from a Scottish club as with Naismith.

I think there are a couple of key differences between Tzolis and Rashica.

Firstly age- Rashica is at the age where he should be coming into the prime of his career. Tzolis still feels like he has more development to do.

Secondly, Rashica got a lot of chances and minutes both this season and last. We've seen what he can offer in a Norwich shirt and it ain't much. Tzolis didn't get those chances.

There is, of course, a chance that he goes away, does brilliantly and comes back here but I'd rate the chances of it significantly lower than Tzolis to the extent I'd be surprised if Rashica wears a Norwich shirt again.

• Like 3

I know my view of him is not popular or back up by the stats, I do accept this is probably the best outcome all around, it is a shame it has not worked out, the comments suggesting Rowe and Springett were already better aren't true.  

I expected him to be a real threat at this level, so I am sad to see him leave without having a real impact.

Shame it has happened so late, and we are not able to invest in a suitable replacement, I guess that so signings just do not work out.

45 minutes ago, Nuff Said said:

They said Tzolis was raw and didn’t expect him to adapt instantly. Rashica was Buendias “replacement”