Ken Hairy

Tuchel sacked

4 hours ago, YellowCanary said:

I’m hoping Potter has his sensible hat on,doing great things at Brighton and the England job a shoe in after Southgate and probably after the World Cup 

Surely has time to do a stint as Chelsea manager between now and then.

13 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Brighton have given permission for Potter to hold talks at the Bridge.

Didn't need to give permission, they've activated the release clause 

Just now, canarybubbles said:

Common sense says Potter will stay at Brighton. Money says he will go to Chelsea.

agree, money and big bonus which ever way he takes them

26 minutes ago, canarybubbles said:

Common sense says Potter will stay at Brighton. Money says he will go to Chelsea.

If Potter gets an offer I can’t imagine him turning down Champions League and working with that level of deep pockets . Poch must be favourite though? 

You can't blame Potter for having a go at it. Might be the only big job he ever gets in football. 

With Brighton and Bournemouth looking for managers, this might push Leicester into getting rid of Rodgers.

Edited by Capt. Pants
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, YellowCanary said:

I’m hoping Potter has his sensible hat on,doing great things at Brighton and the England job a shoe in after Southgate and probably after the World Cup 

Part of me would like to see how Potter gets on at a big club challenging for honours and it would be good experience with England in mind.

The only issue is I'd want him to be successful, but I want Chelsea to fail miserably.

Got to feel sorry for the Brighton fans if he goes. So refreshing to see a relatively 'small' club mixing it with the big boys, no guarantee it would continue under someone else. 

Bournemouth and Maybe Brighton / Leicester  i wonder if with this little merry-go-round someone might go for Smith ?

Leicester with the board not spending is not such a draw than what it was 

Brighton seems a good club with a bit of money and a good team would be a good job for someone to slide into 

If he gets offered the job, Potter has to take it.

How often do 'big six' clubs take a chance on a young English coach from a smaller club, barring being promoted from within or being a club legend? This opportunity, for Potter or any young English coach, might not come round again for many years and it could be Potter's only chance to coach at a top club. We all know how quickly things can change in football.

• Like 1

Potter has a verbal agreement to take the job apparently, maybe this new owner won't go through managers like the last one and wants someone in charge for the long term. If that's the case, good appointment, if not sacked within six months with a massive pay off, it's a win win for Potter.

Feel bad that I don't really know a great deal about Potter, even though people say how great he is.

Obviously, I know Brighton are hitting but in regards to him personally I don't know a great deal, or what his ethics are etc.  But there's something about him that doesn't feel "Big time" enough to suggest that he can apply his skillset to a club like that?

Quite a shallow comment to make I know, but an honest one! 🙂

15 hours ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

If he gets offered the job, Potter has to take it.

How often do 'big six' clubs take a chance on a young English coach from a smaller club, barring being promoted from within or being a club legend? This opportunity, for Potter or any young English coach, might not come round again for many years and it could be Potter's only chance to coach at a top club. We all know how quickly things can change in football.

Yep exactly this.

Feel sorry for Brighton fans though, but the reality of clubs our / their size. Even doing exceptionally well in the Prem you stand no chance of holding onto your best players / manager and consistently outperforming.

Potter will obviously take it but I doubt he will be successful as there are reason why top clubs appoint big name managers and big name ex players and that is simple the current squad egos.

After SSN melted down yesterday and sent dozens of reporters to all parts of west London and Brighton,  I reflected on what had been said.

The players were unhappy with the setup. What? Some have only just joined. Surely you do what you have to do with the best of your talent and give 100% physical effort? They are CL winners and supposed to have improved the squad.

Players nowadays are just taking the pish for all they can. Get out there and play football. Pick up your privileged wages, go home and come back and train hard for the next match.

How obscene when we have food banks not being able to cope with demand and Chelsea spent a quarter of a billion on transfer fees. And in most cases, that fee will be worthless in about three years.

19 hours ago, Robert N. LiM said:

Surely has time to do a stint as Chelsea manager between now and then.

Probably a couple, plus a Watford stewardship in between 😂