Ken Hairy

Tuchel sacked

No surprise, they've been awful, but also feel they've been horrendous in the transfer market this summer which won't have helped. 

Haha Rodgers to follow to throw his hat in the ring as a former Chelsea coach?

Just now, WD40 said:

Haha Rodgers to follow to throw his hat in the ring as a former Chelsea coach?

Rodgers is waiting for the sack and his very juicy pay off. 

Surely Pochettino is the one they’ll go for?

Edit: just seen that Sevilla have made an approach, so maybe that influenced the decision from Chelsea 

Edited by Branston Pickle

If they have any sense they will flog the club back to Ken Bates. Win the CL and its still not good enough. They are sixth in the toughest club league in the world.

Having said that, he looked a loose cannon and he was bound to blow at some time.

It has to be Pochettino I imagine.

Pochettino, Potter or Rodgers I would imagine. 

Possibly a bit harsh on TT given they've just signed two new strikers, one of which has only played an hour of football. They must have someone lined up already, so image it'll be Poch

Just now, It's Character Forming said:

I imagine part of the thinking is this gives them time to sack the replacement before Christmas if things are not working out....

Taking a leaf out of Watfords guide to owning a football club

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Satriales said:

He was quite outspoken on his interview last night. Bet the board didn't like that.

Brighton fans will be nervous.

His whole body language lately, that interview was of a man who knew he was gone. 

Potter has a £16million buyout apparently and Chelsea rumoured to have activated it. 

I’m hoping Potter has his sensible hat on,doing great things at Brighton and the England job a shoe in after Southgate and probably after the World Cup 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, YellowCanary said:

I’m hoping Potter has his sensible hat on,doing great things at Brighton and the England job a shoe in after Southgate and probably after the World Cup 

Don't be silly, Southgate has a contract for life, the ultimate "safe appointment" for the FA.

Little bit surprised it's this soon as they're hardly cut adrift at the top. 

Could be just the start though; Rodgers, Cooper, Gerrard, even Moyes must be feeling a bit nervous, plus Bournemouth also looking for a manager. I think we will do well to hang on to Smith if all those 'culls' kick in.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ken Hairy said:

His whole body language lately, that interview was of a man who knew he was gone. 

Potter has a £16million buyout apparently and Chelsea rumoured to have activated it. 

Any manager that has signed Gilmour is welcome at Chelsea.

Given how disgusting their 'fans' were at CR last season I hope they're set for a good season or two (maybe a decade) of complete disarray, failure, and mid table mediocrity. Unfortunately, given the sums they have forked out they will probably come good at some point but we can all dream. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, One Flew Over... said:

Billy Gilmour's failed loan spell having further repercussions..

Yep , expect them to buy him back for £95 million, only to realise he's not that great. 😇

Tuchel comes across as a disciplinarian "all in it together" style manager and players clearly not buying in to it. Worked it Germany, but the culture there is more geared to that kind of thing. Works with Klopp at Liverpool too, but in Chelsea? Fashionable Kings Rd? Wide boy mecca?  Never going to work.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Tuchel comes across as a disciplinarian "all in it together" style manager and players clearly not buying in to it. Worked it Germany, but the culture there is more geared to that kind of thing. Works with Klopp at Liverpool too, but in Chelsea? Fashionable Kings Rd? Wide boy mecca?  Never going to work.

I can’t see Potter managing those egos either, but he may not get another crack at a job with an extremely wealthy club.