Sign in to follow this  
Dave_O

It's now time to make a change...

I have not really been a WOer or, necessarily, a KTFer.  You could say that I''ve been getting splinters from the fence.

I haven''t been to many games this season, so I can''t really comment on standard of performances or single out any particular players.

However, football is all results based and we have certainly not been getting the results.  Worthington did well for us, at first, but I think the Premiership showed that his tactics are a bit one-dimensional and, unfortunately, things have not really turned around for us this season.

Some things just run their course and I think that Worthy''s tenure has done just that.  I''m a little bit saddened that it has come to this and I am also saddened by some of the hateful posts on here aimed at Worthy and other posters.  We all want the best for Norwich, as I''m sure Worthy does too.  But, this is his job, and I''m sure he still retains a wavering self belief that he can turn it round.  I don''t think he''s about to resign and make himself unemployed.

Therefore, it''s up to the board to make a change.  Unfortunately, it does seem that the board are not willing to bite the bullet at this point.  They definitely need time to consider who we can replace Worthy with and how they will take us forward.  But, I feel that it is now time to deal with this (so good luck to the protestors - hopefully it will all go peacefully).  A new manager at this point of the season will at least give the new manager a chance to have alook at our current squad with a view to what is required for next season, e.g. a new contract for McVeigh.

Any thoughts on who the new manager could be?  I understand that we do have some money and kudos and so would be an attractive proposition for many managers, but can we keep suggestions based upon availability and cost of acquiring them.

I like the idea of Bowen, but where it can go really well (Bothroyd) it can also go horribly wrong (Kidd).  Phil Parkinson springs to mind, but he will surely want to see the current season through with Colchester.  How about Terry Venables as a long shot?  Perhaps that contradicts my previous comments about suggestions...