His like will not be seen again (well, at least not until the new person turns up). 🤣

All the best Pete.

Apples

Good luck Pete and agree with others sentiments on the quality of moderation.

Looks like all change today - the EDP editor who I think a few us on the board know has announced his departure

Thanks for moderating so diligently Pete, we've never met but would still like to thank you for your work and wish you the best for the future.  

I don’t mind filling in for you for the first week when I commence annual leave. Maybe everyone could do a week after who has the free time on their hands? 

14 minutes ago, Van wink said:

Like Cincinnatus returning to plough your furrow!

Best wishes and thanks.

More like Elton John, 'Beyond the Yellow Clad Team."

good luck in your future endeavours  SDP. 

Its been a pleasure, mainly! 😉 

Will you potentially be available on a subscription basis, moving forward?

Is there a Rita in the office - so we could have Rita the Deleter as a replacement! 

or A Fraser the Eraser? 

• Like 1

Thousands of good wishes from the Waveney branch of the pinkun forum 

it was an absolute privilege to have been banned so very many times 👍

Edited by Bert
  • Haha 7

8 minutes ago, Bert said:

Thousands of good wishes from the Waveney branch of the pinkun forum 

it was an absolute privilege to have been banned so very many times 👍

This is a moment.

Waveneyo has finally fessed up.

An era has ended.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Pete Raven said:

I just need to decide which fortunate soul on the sports desk will be responsible for moderating the forum.

Well it'll have to be someone who's name rhymes with 'deleter' which limits your options somewhat

12 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

This is a moment.

Waveneyo has finally fessed up.

An era has ended.

I was thinking much the same Corkio! 

And you've quoted it too - so it cannot be edited and denied! 

3 minutes ago, FenwayFrank said:

All the best Pete 😁

Could you bake him a leaving cake FF? 

Good luck in wherever you’re heading Pete and all the best. Will it still be in journalism or has the Archant experience been more than enough ?

Thanks for helping me out so many times when my stupid computer wouldn’t co-operate and best warn your successor I’ll be giving him or similar hassle as soon as I track down their email address 😉

Good luck in your new role SDP. Thanks for keeping things ticking over and your low key moderation. The best referees are the ones you don't notice!

1 hour ago, Feedthewolf said:

All the very best, Pete – onwards and upwards for you, I hope. You were always a friendly face around Prospect House when I was working there, and I'm sure your talents will be greatly appreciated by whomever you work for next. I echo what others have said in that I really appreciate you having moderated the board with such a light touch.

If you don't want to answer this publicly then fair enough, but how confident are you in the assurances you've been given that the board will continue? I know a couple of years ago a group of us talked seriously about the possibility of 'buying' and/or taking over the database – I hope that in the eventuality that NewsQuest no longer wanted the responsibility of the board, there would at least be a channel for us as fans to have the opportunity to club together to migrate the site to a new host. In the parlance of closing pubs, it is an asset of community value for sure!

100% confident. More than 1 million page views a month with zero resource/effort required on the editorial side.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, ......and Smith must score. said:

Good luck in wherever you’re heading Pete and all the best. Will it still be in journalism or has the Archant experience been more than enough ?

Thanks for helping me out so many times when my stupid computer wouldn’t co-operate and best warn your successor I’ll be giving him or similar hassle as soon as I track down their email address 😉

Definitely staying within journalism but after 20 years it's time for a change.