I have decided to head off to pastures new and next Friday will be my last day at the publisher formerly known as Archant.

I have been assured that this messageboard will still exist when the sites migrate over to NewsQuest. I just need to decide which fortunate soul on the sports desk will be responsible for moderating the forum.

I'll pop my head on here every now and then as a fan under this profile:

https://forum.pinkun.com/index.php?/profile/16797-peteraven/

All the best and OTBC!

• Like 7
  • Thanks 14
  • Sad 11

Oh, Pete, given Archant's current position not entirely unexpected. I do fear for this MB after your departure, which probably shows how much I have respected your quiet moderation of the site. Thanks for all your prompt query replies in the past and all the very best for your future career.

Now, I look forward to you logging on here in the future under the new persona and really letting rip? 🙂 

Edited by shefcanary
  • Like 3

Peter the Deleter - Deleted!

Good luck for your future mate. Was only yesterday a photo appeared on my Facebook of us sharing a pint at one of the few fleeting meetings we had over the years. 

Best of luck Pete!

Im sure you’re a ‘good leaver’ and won’t rock the corporate boat for now but look forward to a peak behind the Archant curtain in a future tell all memoir (Pinkun post). 

Well, **** off, then! 

Pastures new? My ****!

Didn't mean that of course I just needed to check whether the strict censorship regime still remains in force.

Good luck with the move, SDP.

Good luck on the new job and thanks for modding with a light touch. Hopefully the new person contines this

Thanks for everything you've done to bring us digital content over the many years, Pete.

Good luck in your new role, wherever that may be.

31 minutes ago, Leedscanary said:

Oh, and can you lift Morty’s 47 year ban before you go? 😉

Better still, give him the job, after all, he's had experience............seriously though, good luck for the future!

I hope you got yourself a decent pay off, and best of luck with the rest of your career.

Oh, and, thanks for only banning me for 30 days and not 47 years.

Edited by TeemuVanBasten

1 hour ago, Pete Raven said:

I have decided to head off to pastures new and next Friday will be my last day at the publisher formerly known as Archant.

I have been assured that this messageboard will still exist when the sites migrate over to NewsQuest. I just need to decide which fortunate soul on the sports desk will be responsible for moderating the forum.

All the best and OTBC!

Sorry to see you go Pete, but given the circumstances completely understandable. 

Such a shame to see what is happening to Archant now, and all the talent that is rushing out the doors.

Will be nice to have you on the board as a fan! 

Cheers for all the work you’ve done over the years on this site, Pete. It’s sad to see what’s happening with Archant, and one wonders what media giants NewsQuest will want to do with this site. Best of luck for the future!

Edited by Robornio

Thanks for keeping it together over the years, with a few successful facelifts and migrations under the belt since I personally joined

Glad to hear you’ll be hanging round as a fan.. Pete the  nancy or Pete the clap, we’ll find out soon hopefully…

Good luck with everything moving forwards Pete! I still remember the help you gave me when I started writing blogs on here when I was 14 years old!

I expect to see you posting on here as a fan and getting yourself banned within the first week, please 🙂

All the very best, Pete – onwards and upwards for you, I hope. You were always a friendly face around Prospect House when I was working there, and I'm sure your talents will be greatly appreciated by whomever you work for next. I echo what others have said in that I really appreciate you having moderated the board with such a light touch.

If you don't want to answer this publicly then fair enough, but how confident are you in the assurances you've been given that the board will continue? I know a couple of years ago a group of us talked seriously about the possibility of 'buying' and/or taking over the database – I hope that in the eventuality that NewsQuest no longer wanted the responsibility of the board, there would at least be a channel for us as fans to have the opportunity to club together to migrate the site to a new host. In the parlance of closing pubs, it is an asset of community value for sure!

Edited by Feedthewolf
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Pete Raven said:

All the best and OTBC!

Good luck to the shaven raven

Pete, gotta say the messageboard has been pretty solid lately too.  At least you're going out on a high! 🙂

Thanks for the work you've done over the years, and best of luck in whatever path you go down.