Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
cambridgeshire canary

Normann gets SLAPPED DOWN

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, Google Bot said:

Oh no, binary boy is making assumptions about me now!  🤣😆🤣

Yes, there is a binary choice in this war - actively oppose it or tacitly support it.

I couldn't care less about your weird whingey apologism for Normann's decision to sell himself out to the Russian state - which seems to be based largely on your obsession with his girlfriend and ignorance of basic Russian geography.

Edited by kirku
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Yeah, but...

f5a077b7h0961.jpg.deca0f357d7e2ab864cb6a06bf84060c.jpg

Is she crabbing

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Was about to have some sympathy thinking he was stuck at Rostov or something but he’s actually chosen to join a new club in Russia so **** him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, daly said:

Is she crabbing

Doubt it, by the look of her there'd be no where for them to live, don't they require a bit of 'Bush cover' ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, daly said:

Is she crabbing

Hah! Cockling too probably. The two activities often go hand in hand. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Whether or not we can judge him as a human being, we can judge him as a footballer. All style, no substance. Undisciplined, showy, mentally weak. I can't believe a few posters actually wanted him back.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, canarybubbles said:

Whether or not we can judge him as a human being, we can judge him as a footballer. All style, no substance. Undisciplined, showy, mentally weak. I can't believe a few posters actually wanted him back.

If that's the case it makes you wonder why we signed him in the first place!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

21 hours ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

I am slightly sympathetic to the idea that this might be his last chance to make a bit of money, but not enough to get over the fact that he's taking money from a Russian club which is in effect state owned and funded whilst that state kills children in Ukraine. 

How do you feel about Newcastle players out of interest?

Taking money from a club that’s effectively owned by the Saudi state whilst that state kills children in Yemen.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Monty13 said:

How do you feel about Newcastle players out of interest?

Taking money from a club that’s effectively owned by the Saudi state whilst that state kills children in Yemen.

How do you feel about the fact that we sell Saudi's the weapons which kill children in Yemen. 

I'm wary of taking a moral high ground any further than I already have at the minute, purely because I really want to boycott broadcasts of the World Cup in Qatar but think I'm going to struggle, and I suspect similar will apply to all of those who - like me - were highly critical of the Saudi's being able to buy Newcastle. I suspect you might face a similar conundrum? 

Edited by TeemuVanBasten

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

How do you feel about the fact that we sell Saudi's the weapons which kill children in Yemen. 

I'm wary of taking a moral high ground any further than I already have at the minute, purely because I really want to boycott broadcasts of the World Cup in Qatar but think I'm going to struggle, and I suspect similar will apply to all of those who - like me - were highly critical of the Saudi's being able to buy Newcastle. I suspect you might face a similar conundrum? 

That’s my issue. There’s no moral consistency. What’s the difference between Trippier and Normann based on the criteria you laid out? 

We all do the hypocrisy. I just can’t get overly excited about Normann’s decision.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Having just searched for Violetta Bert on google images, I now fully understand why Normann has gone back to Russia 🤣

 

No wonder he struggled to last 90 minutes in a game - probably sleep deprived.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, daly said:

Is she crabbing

No, I think she is walking pretty straight.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Monty13 said:

That’s my issue. There’s no moral consistency. What’s the difference between Trippier and Normann based on the criteria you laid out? 

We all do the hypocrisy. I just can’t get overly excited about Normann’s decision.

The Saudis should never have been allowed to buy Newcastle and using football as a transparent attempt at sportswashing should've been banned long ago.

Two things can be wrong at the same time.

The difference between Trippier and Normann are that sanctions that have been placed on Russia (and the reason why the Norwegian FA have banned Normann from selection). 

The idea that we can't criticise the Russian genocide in Ukraine because other bad things are happening is inane - and one that's actively pushed by the Kremlin.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Google Bot said:

That's some seriously good photoshopping round the middle though, surely?!  

 

I find it very difficult to believe that anyone associated with such fine club as ours would resort to such chicanery

delia_swimsuit.jpg

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Monty13 said:

That’s my issue. There’s no moral consistency. What’s the difference between Trippier and Normann based on the criteria you laid out? 

We all do the hypocrisy. I just can’t get overly excited about Normann’s decision.

I do get it.

But Normann is also choosing Russian money over more caps for his country, and I can't imagine that would go down very well at all in Norway.

I suspect the only way to claw back some respect in his home country would be to become engaged to his stunning Russian girlfriend, start a family and then say that he did it out of pure love for his 'soul mate' as Russians are having difficulty travelling at the moment and that's where her career is. I mean, I won't fully buy it but it would be plausible and might tug at a few heart strings.

 

Edited by TeemuVanBasten

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

38 minutes ago, Sooty57 said:

I find it very difficult to believe that anyone associated with such fine club as ours would resort to such chicanery

delia_swimsuit.jpg

Let’s be havin’ you

 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Sooty57 said:

No wonder he struggled to last 90 minutes in a game - probably sleep deprived.

Never know, as Charlie Sheen (the great philosopher 🤣) once said "for every drop dead gorgeous woman out there, there's a guy who's tired of sleeping with her" 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Monty13 said:

That’s my issue. There’s no moral consistency. What’s the difference between Trippier and Normann based on the criteria you laid out? 

We all do the hypocrisy. I just can’t get overly excited about Normann’s decision.

Moral consistency is a sound basis for justice in a liberal democracy and worth defending. In an ideal world, it's a worthy aspiration in global geopolitics and international law as well. 

In reality,  with geopolitics, you deal with threats from nations such as Russia who have not only have no moral consistency, but no respect for any attempts at establishing legal standards and are even attempting to undermine/dismantle such international standards. 

Post-soviet union, liberal democratic values have set the agenda for international affairs, but China and Russia are not only threatening that, arguably they've already broken it given the impotence of the UN now. 

We were interested in pressuring Saudi to reform and Saudi was responding, but the reality is we're now in a complicated confrontation with a major nuclear power that is a threat to us; anger at instances like Khashoggi's killing has had to go by the wayside in avoiding Saudi entering Russia's sphere of influence, exacerbating our vulnerability. 

If you're in a fight to the death then you don't fight by Queensbury rules; if tolerating the evils of a non-threat/lesser threat aids you in tackling a greater threat then that has to be what you do. 

I'm interested in how Normann's deal at Lecce fell through, because the club had even announced it before it was off with no explanation. Did Normann actually pull out of that to go to Russia instead?

Edited by littleyellowbirdie
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, kirku said:

The Saudis should never have been allowed to buy Newcastle and using football as a transparent attempt at sportswashing should've been banned long ago.

Two things can be wrong at the same time.

The difference between Trippier and Normann are that sanctions that have been placed on Russia (and the reason why the Norwegian FA have banned Normann from selection). 

The idea that we can't criticise the Russian genocide in Ukraine because other bad things are happening is inane - and one that's actively pushed by the Kremlin.

Where did I say that?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Monty13 said:

Where did I say that?

Well, "we all do the hypocrisy" and "I can't get overly excited about Normann's decision" certainly implies you don't think he's worthy of the near-unanimous criticism he's getting

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Sooty57 said:

I find it very difficult to believe that anyone associated with such fine club as ours would resort to such chicanery

delia_swimsuit.jpg

I’m not a huge fan but Delia’s definitely looked after herself. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Did not like him at Bodø/Glimt, 

Did not like him at Norwich,

Did not like him at the National Team.

 

I think he have finely found a club that is perfect for him. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, kirku said:

Well, "we all do the hypocrisy" and "I can't get overly excited about Normann's decision" certainly implies you don't think he's worthy of the near-unanimous criticism he's getting

He’s plenty worthy, fill your boots, it’s just meaningless. 

My only point was the exact wording TVB used to describe him could be thrown at Newcastle players.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

I really want to boycott broadcasts of the World Cup in Qatar but think I'm going to struggle

think this is going to be a very interesting discussion nearer the time. Thread-worthy, even. I guess even watching the BBC games is eyeballs on the advertisers at the tournament. Difficult to know what effect behaviour of armchair fans is going to have: do you need to go as far as boycotting the sponsors, etc? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Sooty57 said:

I find it very difficult to believe that anyone associated with such fine club as ours would resort to such chicanery

delia_swimsuit.jpg

For a woman with eight decades on the clock, it appears she still has great things in front of her.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...