Sign in to follow this  
cambridgeshire canary

Normann gets SLAPPED DOWN

Like the title? I'm doing my best to try and join the Daily Mail or any kind of clickbait football site so I can start getting paid for the kinds of nonsense I post on here  

Anyways, today the Norway national team have informed Normann that although he presumably was due to be selected his choice to join a Russian team in well, Russia, rather than choosing to instead play in any country in the world that's you know, not at war with the west means he's pretty much been kicked out of the team.

https://www-fotball-no.translate.goog/landslag/norge-a-herrer/2022/normann-ikke-aktuell-for-landskamper/?_x_tr_sl=auto&_x_tr_tl=en&_x_tr_hl=en&_x_tr_pto=wapp

Edited by cambridgeshire canary
  • Like 1

I can remember telling somebody they were harsh for calling him a mercenary.

Can't remember who it was, but apologies... he's definitely a mercenary.

Pretty appalling really. Justifies it by claiming it was the best sporting opportunity, to try and make out it was about the standard of football rather than the money, but Russian teams aren't in Europe and I'm sure somebody like Rosenborg, Malmo, Rijeka would have taken him for a European campaign. 

Pretty disgraceful really. No matter how short a footballers career, and I do understand the desire to earn as much as possible in a short space of time because you could do your cruciates tomorrow and be finished...I do think basic integrity and morals are more important, Normann won't ever fully shake this off, will be remembered just like David Neilsen is remembered for match fixing and Graham Rix is remembered for sleeping with a 15 year old.

Huge error of judgement. 

Edited by TeemuVanBasten
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Pretty appalling really. Justifies it by claiming it was the best sporting opportunity, to try and make out it was about the standard of football rather than the money, but Russian teams aren't in Europe and I'm sure somebody like Rosenborg, Malmo, Rijeka would have taken him for a European campaign. 

Pretty disgraceful really. No matter how short a footballers career, and I do understand the desire to earn as much as possible in a short space of time because you could do your cruciates tomorrow and be finished...I do think basic integrity and morals are more important, Normann won't ever fully shake this off, will be remembered just like David Neilsen is remembered for match fixing and Graham Rix is remembered for sleeping with a 15 year old.

Huge error of judgement. 

Indeed, I'm sure if it wasn't for the money he could have signed with a club back in Norway for a while, rebuilding his career there. The only conclusion is that due to his spate of recent injuries he doesn't think he is capable of rebuilding his career and is taking the money and limping away.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, shefcanary said:

Indeed, I'm sure if it wasn't for the money he could have signed with a club back in Norway for a while, rebuilding his career there. The only conclusion is that due to his spate of recent injuries he doesn't think he is capable of rebuilding his career and is taking the money and limping away.

Possibly, it does seem that he may have failed a medical at Lecce.

I am slightly sympathetic to the idea that this might be his last chance to make a bit of money, but not enough to get over the fact that he's taking money from a Russian club which is in effect state owned and funded whilst that state kills children in Ukraine. 

In fact, no sympathies whatsoever, he's clearly completely morally bankrupt. Suspect if he chooses Rubles over Norway caps he'll become incredibly unpopular in his home country. Its a bit shocking really isn't it.

Edited by TeemuVanBasten
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Possibly, it does seem that he may have failed a medical at Lecce.

I am slightly sympathetic to the idea that this might be his last chance to make a bit of money, but not enough to get over the fact that he's taking money from a Russian club which is in effect state owned and funded whilst that state kills children in Ukraine. 

In fact, no sympathies whatsoever, he's clearly completely morally bankrupt. Suspect if he chooses Rubles over Norway caps he'll become incredibly unpopular in his home country. Its a bit shocking really isn't it.

I too have no sympathy toward him, I'm sure we've had similar dilemma's in our careers and had the good sense not to take them. This guy's vanity however seems to have caught up with him.

Plus the fact that if he’s paid in rubles, it will be pretty much unusable anywhere but Russia (won’t it?).

Clearly didn't get any decent offer in Europe if he's made this decision. A shame as there's probably good player in there, but just never shew enough to warrant trying to keep him here. I feel a bit crazy saying it, but Gibbs looked streets ahead of where Normann was last season, and we've yet to see what Hayden can do. 

1 hour ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Huge error of judgement. 

...I said earlier the man was a poser and also for me a bit of themercenaries in him. For me he lacks stamina and struggles to get through the games. For the life of me I really could not believe he was signed when his injury record was there for all to see. Another big recruitment error for sure.

I think I used the word poser a few times

Not that it had much to do with it but isn't his partner Russian? For all we know she might be pro Putin, many still are.

From a football perspective and common decency it probably isn't a great move and seems really strange. Makes you wonder what the full story is?

Not a good player let's be honest and seems a worse person. I think we were all desperate for something good to cling to last season and then exaggerated his ability accordingly. No decent clubs are in for him and truth be told he wouldn't get in our starting XI this season either and we are now a second tier team.

Not good enough, not fit enough, doesn't try hard enough and probably best off in a Mickey Mouse league taking roubles he can't spend anywhere.

• Like 1

Disgraceful.

You can infer quite a lot about his character from this, none of it good.

• Like 2

In reality its not a great move, but im sure he needs to be very careful/censored what he says unless he wants to be ejected from a ten storey building all of a sudden. 

Isn't every Russian pro Putin other than the informed who aren't.  They simply are not told any different and seemingly do not believe the real trith.          

1 hour ago, kirku said:

You can infer quite a lot about his character from this, none of it good.

In truth, you don't know ****.  This is his home we're talking about.

Can't remember many moving out their homes to work in a different country as our government lobbed bombs onto the heads of innocent middle eastern families.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Google Bot said:

Can't remember many moving out their homes to work in a different country as our government lobbed bombs onto the heads of innocent middle eastern families.

Firstly, it's not his home. He's from Norway and hasn't lived in Russia for over a year. 

Secondly, this false equivalence from you is as infantile as it is morally deplorable. Grow up.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, kirku said:

Firstly, it's not his home. He's from Norway and hasn't lived in Russia for over a year. 

He lives there with his partner, yet some turd on the pinkun forum claims it's not his home?  You know nothing, you don't even know his partner, their background, their homelife, their friends, family in that area.  Clueless.

12 minutes ago, kirku said:

Secondly, this false equivalence from you is as infantile as it is morally deplorable. Grow up.

You're the one making ridiculous character assumptions based on jack ****.  Maybe add "empathy" to your list of words to learn this week? 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Google Bot said:

He lives there with his partner, yet some turd on the pinkun forum claims it's not his home?  You know nothing, you don't even know his partner, their background, their homelife, their friends, family in that area.  Clueless.

You're the one making ridiculous character assumptions based on jack ****.  Maybe add "empathy" to your list of words to learn this week? 

You might want to read the room a little more, instead of going to bat on a Norwich forum for a millionaire sportsman who has decided to take money from a fascist dictatorship during a genocidal war and who will never read your heroic defence of his disgraceful actions which, by the way, in no way makes you look completely unhinged.

Edited by kirku

23 minutes ago, kirku said:

You might want to read the room a little more, instead of going to bat on a Norwich forum for a millionaire sportsman who has decided to take money from a fascist dictatorship during a genocidal war

I don't need to read any room, and I'm also not batting for anyone.  I said that you're clueless on the matter to make such an assumption on his character, and that you should learn the word empathy. 

Perhaps you're unable to comprehend what that means?  The point I'm making is that we're all individuals with families and personal lives so have some consideration.  Just because you're a sports person making money doesn't put you any higher or lower on the morality scale, that's just incredibly narrow minded.

If you're going to brand anyone who works or lives in Russia disgraceful to the government carrying out genocidal wars, what do we make of Saudi owned players, such as our own Isaac Hayden? 

I mean, there's only quarter of a million dead in Yemen due to famine and war.  If he goes back to a Saudi owned club after this loan period is he also a disgrace for taking such blood money?

Truth is we don't know ****, none of us here.. We're all difference sides of many fences.  But as people we can at least share a bit of empathy between us and not default to taking a negative stance because person X is a sportsman, or earns a portion of money.

3 hours ago, pete said:

Isn't every Russian pro Putin other than the informed who aren't.  They simply are not told any different and seemingly do not believe the real trith.          

Most russians i know (who admittedly dont live in russia) do not support him or his war 

1 hour ago, Google Bot said:

But as people we can at least share a bit of empathy between us and not default to taking a negative stance because person X is a sportsman, or earns a portion of money.

Absolutely none of your "contributions" to this thread have even the slightest bit of empathy for Ukrainians facing genocide, so you can take your 6th form common room level analysis and shove it where the sun doesn't shine 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, kirku said:

Absolutely none of your "contributions" to this thread have even the slightest bit of empathy for Ukrainians facing genocide

Oh no, binary boy is making assumptions about me now!  🤣😆🤣

6 hours ago, Capt. Pants said:

Not that it had much to do with it but isn't his partner Russian?

Having just searched for Violetta Bert on google images, I now fully understand why Normann has gone back to Russia 🤣

4 hours ago, Google Bot said:

What on earth are you talking about... if he still has a home in Russia (Unlikely as most young footballers rent).... Rostov, where it would have been, is a 12 and a half hour drive from his new club in Moscow! 

You can drive from London to Munich in 13.5 hours, for context.

1 hour ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

What on earth are you talking about... if he still has a home in Russia (Unlikely as most young footballers rent).... Rostov, where it would have been, is a 12 and a half hour drive from his new club in Moscow! 

You can drive from London to Munich in 13.5 hours, for context.

"You know nothing, you don't even know his partner, their background, their homelife, their friends, family in that area. Clueless."

• Haha 1

41 minutes ago, shefcanary said:

No wonder he never performs on the pitch any more! 

That's some seriously good photoshopping round the middle though, surely?!