Sign in to follow this  
cambridgeshire canary

Anybody fancy a bacon roll?

Just now, Peanuts said:

Presumably boiling the bacon is healthier than grilling or frying?

No butter or sugary sauces. The perfect health food.🥴

18 minutes ago, Number9 said:

Was offered pigs knuckles the other day....

Mmmmm

IMG-20220905-WA0000.jpg

They can be nice if slow cooked, helped soak up the beer at Oktoberfest 😉

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Haven’t ate meat since 87 Corfu. 

Surely you mean 87 Tofu? 

Edited by Greavsy
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

ffffffffffff.png

No match for the Drum Roll at the match on Saturday though ? 

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, dylanisabaddog said:

You can eat like a King for £4.60 in McDonald's 

There is less good quality in eating McDonalds than eating cardboard (imo). 

As for this bacon roll, it's a combination of white processed nothingness and disgusting cheap and a nasty badly produced and badly cooked health risk. It's practically non-food.

Edited by lake district canary

Looking at some of the Deliveroo riders and drivers I’d think I’ll give takeaway food a miss

5 hours ago, dylanisabaddog said:

You can eat like a King for £4.60 in McDonald's 

Eat like a "King" in McDonalds, sure.

Bet you're also "Loving it" at Burger King, "finger lickin' good" at Dominoes and  having "it your way" at KFC?! 🙂  

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, lake district canary said:

As for this bacon roll, it's a combination of white processed nothingness and disgusting cheap and a nasty badly produced and badly cooked health risk. It's practically non-food.

It's not a health risk you daft twonk.

Besides it's good to get some crap down ya - most people are far too over-sanitized as it is.  When I think of the drunken kebabs eating off the floor over the years, this is like the Hilton!!  🤣

• Haha 2

That Roll reminded me of a Sausage sarnie I had at Dublin Airport during Covid restrictions. First of all it was cash free. Secondly I had to order it electronically through my phone? Thirdly it took 25 mins to serve sarnie and cup of tea ( Buh!) . Fourthly. It was garbage, the cheapest white sliced shoite bread, 2 sausages, sliced lengthwise, worst of all really low quality margarine. Tea bag was tiny and never actually produced a cup of decent tea. Fifthly.......The Price!!!!

€11-20!!! For a Shoite Sausage Sarnie and a cup of Pi55 weak Tea. 

Felt Mugged.

Played Golf at a place called Cape Cornwall two weeks ago. They have a Caribbean Chef. I thanked afterwards for the delicious meal he had prepared for us which was spiced pulled pork and a lovely bowl of rice and peas.

He said "Ya dorn wanna be eatun dat baycarn man. its carrap. Dat pork wuz spart un far ya" Brilliant. I said to him, can you keep on talking to me while a get another pint, your voice is so rich and creamy I could listen all day.

So there you go. No Bacon. Eat proper Pork. Mind you Mrs KG and I are cutting back on our meat eating to see if we could become vegetarian.

14 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

That Roll reminded me of a Sausage sarnie I had at Dublin Airport during Covid restrictions. First of all it was cash free. Secondly I had to order it electronically through my phone? Thirdly it took 25 mins to serve sarnie and cup of tea ( Buh!) . Fourthly. It was garbage, the cheapest white sliced shoite bread, 2 sausages, sliced lengthwise, worst of all really low quality margarine. Tea bag was tiny and never actually produced a cup of decent tea. Fifthly.......The Price!!!!

Felt Mugged.

The flip side Corkio is that you’ll always have that experience to remember and benchmark everything against - “this might be bad, but at least it’s not as bad as that sarnie and cup of tea in Dublin airport”. So try and think of it as short-term pain for long-term gain? A character building experience a bit like relegation to League 1 for NCFC.

37 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

Felt Mugged.

Doesn’t everything down South cost an arm and a leg ? I’ve read that Dublin is a pretty expensive place to live.

1 hour ago, keelansgrandad said:

Played Golf at a place called Cape Cornwall two weeks ago. They have a Caribbean Chef. I thanked afterwards for the delicious meal he had prepared for us which was spiced pulled pork and a lovely bowl of rice and peas.

He said "Ya dorn wanna be eatun dat baycarn man. its carrap. Dat pork wuz spart un far ya" Brilliant. I said to him, can you keep on talking to me while a get another pint, your voice is so rich and creamy I could listen all day.

So there you go. No Bacon. Eat proper Pork. Mind you Mrs KG and I are cutting back on our meat eating to see if we could become vegetarian.

Mrs KG not eating meat.....?

Bit of an overshare Grandad 😂

2 hours ago, Google Bot said:

It's not a health risk you daft twonk.

Besides it's good to get some crap down ya - most people are far too over-sanitized as it is.  When I think of the drunken kebabs eating off the floor over the years, this is like the Hilton!!  🤣

If you don't think bacon is bad for you then I suggest you look at a few of the many studies done on it recently. And as for the white stodge that passes for bread in these kind of rolls, forget it, you might as well eat cardboard - and cardboard probably has more flavour.....

Edited by lake district canary