Ash.m87

Goal scoring music at Carrow Road....

Do you like the music?  

68 members have voted

1. 1. should we keep the music?

• I want music and keep Samba de Janeiro
    • I want music, but change the song
    • No music

What's your opinion about the 'Samba de Janeiro' used when we score a goal at Carrow Road? I for one dislike it, people just stand up and clap to a beat and it feels quite tame. I just found an old video of McNally discussing the same point:

Edited by Ash.m87

It's seemed particularly slow coming on Saturday. Everyone had cheered the goal then seemed to be waiting around for the music.

I'd rather have none but if we keep it no need to change the tune for the sake of it. Unless you're going to get captain Canary zip lining to the centre circle to start a chant of on the ball city 

Not this chestnut again.  If we are vhaving music posr goal scoring I'm happy for Samba de J.

I don't hate it like some, but my preference would be none.

Didn't the club try it a few years ago and loads of people complained?

I’d love the whole crowd to just shout ! GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAL! as the commentators do in Spain…..thirty second blast would be great to hear.

• Like 1

Keep it the same but i have been told the new drummer will be belting it out at the Bristol City game. 😂

4 minutes ago, Indy said:

I’d love the whole crowd to just shout ! GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAL! as the commentators do in Spain…..thirty second blast would be great to hear.

Or the theme to Channel 4 Italian football  followed by us screaming Goallllllllllazzzzooooooo

41 minutes ago, Ash.m87 said:

What's your opinion about the 'Samba de Janeiro' used when we score a goal at Carrow Road? I for one dislike it, people just stand up and clap to a beat and it feels quite tame. I just found an old video of McNally discussing the same point:

I actually don't mind it, but  I think when any atmosphere or crowd noise is orchestrated it loses its impact so wouldn't be adverse to no music.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Satriales said:

Are there any stats on how many clubs do have goal music? I assume we are not the only club that does.

It’s listed under XM.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Wings of a Sparrow said:

It's too bloody high.

like the brightness of the new lights?! 😉 

• Like 1

Leave it as it is. I've only just remembered the words as it wasn't used much last season 😉

Perhaps introduce the Benny Hill music when the opposition scores, just to lighten the mood.

Edited by Capt. Pants

Dislike goal music and dislike drums at matches and any attempt at orchestrating the crowd. Heck I even dislike the 321 at the beginning of matches for OTBC. Left to their own devices a crowd will soon start to think for themselves and make their own celebrations, not relying on someone else.

Spontaneity is being lost in modern life - just because the Americans add music to everything doesn't mean we have to in this country. Keep football pure......and get rid of useless technology too, while we're at it.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

Leave it as it is. I've only just remembered the words as it wasn't used much last season 😉

Perhaps introduce the Benny Hill music when the opposition scores, jyst to lighten the mood.

Oh imagine that, as they chase after the goal scorer! Cant get that image out of my head now, thanks Capt!

• Haha 1

This one again....

It's part of the furniture now, ok so it's the rickety table your wife got from her late mother but you bloody hate it... But you can't get rid of it 😂🤣😁😁

• Haha 2

Just now, lake district canary said:

Heck I even dislike the 321 at the beginning of matches for OTBC.

That is the worst of the lot. Everytime a friend sits in the away end they comment on how bad it is.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

Perhaps introduce the Benny Hill music when the opposition scores, jyst to lighten the mood.

👍

1 minute ago, lake district canary said:

Dislike goal music and dislike drums at matches and any attempt at orchestrating the crowd. Heck I even dislike the 321 at the beginning of matches for OTBC. Left to their own devices a crowd will soon start to think for themselves and make their own celebrations, not relying on someone else.

Spontaneity is being lost in modern life - just because the Americans add music to everything doesn't mean we have to in this country. Keep football pure......and get rid of useless technology too, while we're at it.

You ok Lakey - You seem a little grumpy even sad! 

Chin up old friend! 

10 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Crikey.

Did you disapprove when Farke did the 'Ole' thing after we won a game as well?

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

Crikey.

Did you disapprove when Farke did the 'Ole' thing after we won a game as well?

Now you've done it, your mentioned the F word.... 

Actual footage of ldc....... 

Screenshot_20220905-185857~2.png

49 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Been to a few German games in recent years and their way of having someone at the front orchestrating the chants with drums and megaphones works really well.  Just can't see it ever taking off at CR... for one, "17th of Juuuunnnneeeee 😴😴😴😴😴"

We may have a problem. The latest City View shows the Coventry fans joining in with the goal music, and generally making a better fist of it than our fans. Gulp!

Edited by shefcanary

I like the music but it gets naff, especially when we are, say 2-0 up and then end up losing.

Why not just have it play at the end of games instead, when we win obviously?

28 minutes ago, shefcanary said:

We may have a problem. The latest City View shows the Coventry fans joining in with the goal music, and generally making a better fist of it than our fans. Gulp!

Coventry are so well supported proportionally away. We could take a lesson from them when it comes to making some noise. 

• Like 1