Sign in to follow this  
TeemuVanBasten

First Norwich City supporting Prime Minister

59 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

1788805490_D5L6uhSXkAAfESC(1).thumb.jpg.21e627c3037a9cbb3d47f2e77cfc5b32.jpg

Lizzy give us a wave, Lizzy Lizzy give us a wave

She was heard to say "We import 70% of our players from Germany. That is a disgrace".

• Haha 4

3 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

No, you just didn't get the joke.

3 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Ah I see. I had missed that, a joke with a bit of innuendo of xenophobia. Clever, if somewhat base. 

Edited by littleyellowbirdie

7 hours ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

I find the muggy grin she gives after each sentencemildly disturbing. She reminds me of that lad from ' on the buses' when he says ' I'll get you Butler'.

Very odd indeed.

Can't unsee it.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

Ah I see. I had missed that, a joke with a bit of innuendo of xenophobia. Clever, if somewhat base. 

Bit serious?

8 hours ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

Nothing base nor xenophobic about it. It was a witty joke putting together our purchase of Germans with an infamous, unintended piece of comedy by Truss.

Wouldn't it have been simpler just to say, "Sorry, I'd never seen the video clip before'?

• Like 3

1 hour ago, canarybubbles said:

Nothing base nor xenophobic about it. It was a witty joke putting together our purchase of Germans with an infamous, unintended piece of comedy by Truss.

Wouldn't it have been simpler just to say, "Sorry, I'd never seen the video clip before'?

I hadn't seen it before, but with or without, it looks like a dig implying extreme racism/nationalism on her part. If that wasn't intended in part, I'd be very surprised given the level of a lot of the other stuff since yesterday. 

22 hours ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

She seems to represent the views of the people of South West Norfolk, must have one of the largest majorities in the country... 69% of the votes in 2019, second place had 18.1%.

A Londoner put in to a safe Tory seat in Norfolk, she doesn't even live here. A bit like the second home owners?

On 05/09/2022 at 19:01, SwearyCanary said:

I’d be amazed if truss doesn’t do something very hinted at by Labour about price freeze, dress it up as a Tory policy and become a bit more popular with the great unwashed. The situation is so dire I don’t think she can lose, the measures she puts in will all be very carefully orchestrated by the tories to have maximum impact to show them in some kind of caring light. Also wouldn’t be surprised if it worked. 

Sounds about right, Tories have never shied away from taking Labour policy as their own after a repackage.

How magpie Tories steal Labour policies and rebrand them as their own | Conservatives | The Guardian

54 minutes ago, Mella Yella said:

A Londoner put in to a safe Tory seat in Norfolk, she doesn't even live here. A bit like the second home owners?

That's not true, she has a Norfolk home and a London home. That's what all MPs do, second home allowance.

On 05/09/2022 at 20:14, mrD66M said:

Do you also have pics of Thatcher in her 40s?

Just asking. I don't really want to know...

Asking for "a friend"?  🤣

Perhaps with her as PM we will receive government money to have the pitch levelled up so it doesn't slope down to the River End anymore...😎

• Like 1

1 hour ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

I hadn't seen it before, but with or without, it looks like a dig implying extreme racism/nationalism on her part. If that wasn't intended in part, I'd be very surprised given the level of a lot of the other stuff since yesterday. 

FFS LYB, this is a dig at her total unpreparedness at that time for high office. A joke, laughing at her specifically because she was in the wrong place, wrong time.

Let's hope for the sake of the country she is better prepared now, but at that time she was well off the pace, like an U18 full back being pushed into a cup semi-final and asked to man mark Haaland!

1 hour ago, Mella Yella said:

Has a house in Thetford apparently - I'm sure it is not on the London Road Estate, but really struggling to se what part of that town a person like her would want to call home, anyone know?

23 minutes ago, PurpleCanary said:

Perhaps with her as PM we will receive government money to have the pitch levelled up so it doesn't slope down to the River End anymore...😎

Ah Purps, just read in the Archives that this was sorted back in the 90's! Now if she could do something to Level up the City Stand, then we'd be talking!

3 minutes ago, shefcanary said:

Ah Purps, just read in the Archives that this was sorted back in the 90's! Now if she could do something to Level up the City Stand, then we'd be talking!

So you've made great progress but still two decades to go!🤩

Just now, PurpleCanary said:

So you've made great progress but still two decades to go!🤩

Literally at the end of that fateful 1994/95 season! Grim reading, from 11th on 31st March after just beating the Scum 3-0 at home, to relegated in May. 🤨

She claims to be committed to 'levelling up', so perhaps we will be able to compete in the PL after all.

• Haha 1