Richard Richard

Fellow supporters

20 minutes ago, astro said:

Maybe you should send your list or requirements to the ticketing office - that way they can vet the person for you before they let them have a ticket. 

I would assume he / you wasn't in that state when he purchased the ticket, but the ground regulations do specify that his behaviour was unacceptable.

Edited by hogesar

I had a client behind me in the South Stand who clearly didn't realise that Sam Byram actually knows what he is doing. This in itself is surprising.

The classic example was when the ball was in the distant left back area, near the touchline, and Sam was tucking in so that he was probably 10 yards from Cov's right midfielder (Dabo??). 

The cry was 'For Christ sake mark him, Byram'. Clearly the man thought that the ball would be magically delivered to Dabo in less time than it took Sam to close in on him. I think the problem was largely a lack of understanding of the Laws of Physics. It was diappointing that a man in his 50's did not grasp something that most babies understand before they reach one year old. Oh, well.

• Haha 3

5 hours ago, Richard Richard said:

Courtesy of a couple of good mates of mine (both season ticket holders) I managed to get to the Millwall and Coventry games, sitting in the same place both games.

Both good wins and the atmosphere inside the stadium was brilliant.

The only downside was the lady sat a few rows behind who repeatedly shrieked "DO something, DO something" whenever frustrated with City's play at the time. This insightful instruction to the players nearly made my ears bleed by the end of both games!

Anyone else have someone sat close/within earshot who drives them to distraction with their comments/behaviour during the match?!

A guy behind me has a pathological hatred of Aarons. On Saturday this hit a new high and we were treated to “for f*** sake get him off” for most of the game . 

10 minutes ago, Graham Paddons Beard said:

A guy behind me has a pathological hatred of Aarons. On Saturday this hit a new high and we were treated to “for f*** sake get him off” for most of the game . 

Its amazing when this happens, a bloke near me used to absolutely hate Wes too, everytime he done the 'wes circle' or gave the ball away we got "get that useless **** off" for the next 10 minutes, until Wes scored then he'd shut up for a few minutes and then go again 🤣 

But before Wes he hated Croft, before Croft it was Francis before Francis it was someone else so on and so forth. Now I've had to give up my ST due to reasons I do wonder who his latest is..... (Can guess it's possibly Sarge or Ramsey and makes me wonder if he's on here) 🤣

Edited by GodlyOtsemobor
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Graham Paddons Beard said:

You weren't in the South Stand about seat 90, about 8 rows back, were you? If not, your fan has a clone.

4 hours ago, Greavsy said:

Did she ever return. or did you scare her off? 

I'm a plastic with the occasional away game so I'll never know, but the smart moneys on she went with a friend in the future.

1 minute ago, KiwiScot said:

I'm a plastic with the occasional away game so I'll never know, but the smart moneys on she went with a friend in the future.

I feel its an opportunity missed - but im not going to say who for! 😉

Yes I most certainly have.A guy about 30/40 years old who waves an imaginary card at every opportunity,indicates the outline of a TV,does that annoying ooooooooh when the keeper takes a goal kick,keeps waving his hands at the opposing supporters and applauds every misplaced pass by the opposition.

Most irritating moment was constantly jeering Saurez when he scored a hatrick against us for Liverpool.

Edited by Grumpy
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Richard Richard said:

Yep - and I've bitten far too much!

Called it page one, though @astro didnt understand ( or at least claimed not to)the fishing rod and fish meaning. As Jon McEnroe would say. ...      " you cannot be serious." 

1 minute ago, wcorkcanary said:

Called it page one, though @astro didnt understand ( or at least claimed not to)the fishing rod and fish meaning. As Jon McEnroe would say. ...      " you cannot be serious." 

I'm still a bit wet behind the ears when it comes to forum dynamics and behaviour Corky. Guess I just don't understand why someone would even bother!

1 minute ago, Richard Richard said:

I'm still a bit wet behind the ears when it comes to forum dynamics and behaviour Corky. Guess I just don't understand why someone would even bother!

They may be serious, but I find that hard to believe.  I don't know Astros posting history and tbh can't be,arsed to see if he's a wum or not, but am struggling with the idea that they think the guys behavior is acceptable in public, would they like to be sat next to this guy for a few hours on a bus? I've advocated breathalyzers at footy grounds before as I believe that if you can't drive a car in that state then you may well not conduct yourself that well in an often volatile and emotionally charged atmosphere. .... Not a popular view with those who rely on getting beered up to enjoy a match. I like football and I like beer.  My enjoyment of one doesn't depend on the other, lucky me. 

11 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

You may smugly refer to my argument as fishing, but that’s because you had no input of any use, and seemingly, never do - unless it’s propping up your ‘mates’ on here. Several posters have shown their true colours today. 

7 minutes ago, astro said:

You may smugly refer to my argument as fishing, but that’s because you had no input of any use, and seemingly, never do - unless it’s propping up your ‘mates’ on here. Several posters have shown their true colours today. 

And you yours , if you claim not to be on a wind up. If some fat ,sweaty ,beery tw@ was spoiling my, and others, enjoyment of anything ... I'd be duty bound to society to say/ do something....as would any decent human being ffs? 

As for 'mates' .... Have a proper look , they're mostly , if not all ,the more reasoned, less knee jerk types, who can step back from the ' we've lost, were doomed' type of posts, or if they're up for a laugh , tease the cretins that spout that shoite. 

Edited by wcorkcanary

17 minutes ago, astro said:

Several posters have shown their true colours today. 

was that by removing their shirts?! 

😉

1 minute ago, Greavsy said:

was that by removing their shirts?! 

😉

Technically  G , it wasn't me that said that . Are you suggesting we have Black and White Minstrels in the crowd sometimes? 

6 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

Technically  G , it wasn't me that said that . Are you suggesting we have Black and White Minstrels in the crowd sometimes? 

Re-edited to show correctly - as I quoted from within your post, it was attributed to you - and that didnt sit right generally. 

If I quote someone I like it to be accurately reflected.  

8 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

Jordan was on the subs bench

34 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

And you yours , if you claim not to be on a wind up. If some fat ,sweaty ,beery tw@ was spoiling my, and others, enjoyment of anything ... I'd be duty bound to society to say/ do something....as would any decent human being ffs? 

As for 'mates' .... Have a proper look , they're mostly , if not all ,the more reasoned, less knee jerk types, who can step back from the ' we've lost, were doomed' type of posts, or if they're up for a laugh , tease the cretins that spout that shoite. 

So we’ve gone from ‘fat’, shirtless, sweaty, dribbling and sleepy, to ‘fat, sweaty, beery **’. Do you work for the News Of The World by any chance? You have no knowledge of the guy, yet have preceded to condemn him. Nice one 👍

14 minutes ago, astro said:

So we’ve gone from ‘fat’, shirtless, sweaty, dribbling and sleepy, to ‘fat, sweaty, beery **’. Do you work for the News Of The World by any chance? You have no knowledge of the guy, yet have preceded to condemn him. Nice one 👍

I think you have your values a little jumbled up chap, that bloke sounds more like a news of the world reader than I do an employee. Why defend his behavior? And If he's fat and sweaty why is it so naughty to say so?  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

Blimey just checked and it is only Monday so roll on Friendly Friday. 😎

Every day is a friendly day Tillo. Even flag days are friendly.  

4 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

sounds more like a news of the world reader than I do an employee.

We all know youre not an employee of anyone Corkio! 

Descendent of Irish landowning stock, to be sure! 😉

40 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

Re-edited to show correctly - as I quoted from within your post, it was attributed to you - and that didnt sit right generally. 

If I quote someone I like it to be accurately reflected.  

Thank you kind Sir.  

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Greavsy said:

We all know youre not an employee of anyone Corkio! 

Descendent of Irish landowning stock, to be sure! 😉

What idiot would employ me anyway? I stopped taking orders from anyone many moons ago. But then I also believe that unacceptable behavior needs addressing, hence my children were polite and understand that sweet fa comes for free. Why on earth astroflake is upset by Hoggos objection to this guy's behavior, I have no idea.  Unless he's more than a little overweight himself and prefers to be called big boned.🤷

Just now, wcorkcanary said:

What idiot would employ me anyway? I stopped taking orders from anyone many moons ago. But then I also believe that unacceptable behavior needs addressing, hence my children were polite and understand that sweet fa comes for free. Why on earth astroflake is upset by Hoggos objection to this guy's behavior, I have no idea.  Unless he's more than a little overweight himself and prefers to be called big boned.🤷

No offence to you Corkio, Asto, Hoggy (and anyone else) im sitting this round out. Havent read all the thread, and from the comments not sure I wish to, but would be wrong of me to comment, of course. 

Big love and respect to all. 

BTW id employ you, not sure what as, but im sure something suitable in middle / upper management would be suitable!