Richard Richard

Fellow supporters

28 minutes ago, hogesar said:

image.jpeg.e14453114c35b3b9d677f04303e32ac3.jpeg

Forgive me, but I think that’s a very poor argument. 

1 minute ago, KiwiScot said:

I once had a stunning blonde woman next to me whose first game of football it was so I talked to her the whole match.

Nice of Cantwell to sit with the fans whilst out injured.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, KiwiScot said:

I once had a stunning blonde woman next to me whose first game of football it was so I talked to her the whole match.

Did she ever return. or did you scare her off? 

2 minutes ago, Richard Richard said:

To be fair, I wouldn't expect a family member or close acquaintance to behave in the manner described in the first place. If he/she did, I'd expect people to talk about them! Human nature my friend.

Ah, so you do live in a sterile world, one in which people close to you act in a prescribed manner, and should they not, deserve every piece of derision aimed at them. 

1 minute ago, astro said:

Ah, so you do live in a sterile world, one in which people close to you act in a prescribed manner, and should they not, deserve every piece of derision aimed at them. 

Not at all. We all have different expectations and tolerances. Yours and mine are clearly not closely aligned. Each to their own.

2 hours ago, hogesar said:

The guy who usually sits next to me didn't attend Saturday. It was replaced with an old-ish bloke who at half time took his t-shirt off, which was disgusting enough. He then proceeded for 10 minutes into the second half to repeatedly call our players "a bunch of useless c*nts" on repeat, until he fell asleep in his chair, drooling down his naked chest.

What I'm trying to say is, think yourself f*cking lucky!

I wasn't asleep, just resting my eyes

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, astro said:

Would you accept it if it was a family member or close acquaintance being talked about in such a way? 

If you are not bothered how somebody decides to conduct themselves, why would you be bothered how people react to/comment on that conduct, family member or not?............

9 minutes ago, Faded Jaded Semi Plastic SOB said:

If you are not bothered how somebody decides to conduct themselves, why would you be bothered how people react to/comment on that conduct, family member or not?............

What gives you the right to determine if they are conducting themselves in a correct manner? Why is taking your shirt off, being fat and sweating, such a crime? Each to their own, as the OP states, yet fails to adhere to. 

14 minutes ago, Number9 said:

I wasn't asleep, just resting my eyes

The snoring suggests otherwise! 😉

19 minutes ago, astro said:

If someone wants to act like a **** then I'll happily call it out. He / you clearly couldn't handle their / your drink. 

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Richard Richard said:

Not at all. We all have different expectations and tolerances. Yours and mine are clearly not closely aligned. Each to their own.

Each to their own, except when you don’t like what they are doing. 

45 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

My shadow has been known to look at me in a funny way! 

I offered him out, but after darkness, and he never shows up - pu55y! *

* How is that restricted? 

I thought you'd be in favour of heavy restrictions after how you sensitively you reacted to CC's pretty tame Ronaldo comment the other week?!

5 minutes ago, astro said:

Or when you don't like what people have posted on a internet forum hey.

6 minutes ago, GodlyOtsemobor said:

Or when you don't like what people have posted on a internet forum hey.

If people didn’t disagree on a discussion forum, it would be pretty pointless don’t you think? 

32 minutes ago, hogesar said:

The snoring suggests otherwise! 😉

If someone wants to act like a **** then I'll happily call it out. He / you clearly couldn't handle their / your drink. 

You’re such a champion 👍

Just now, astro said:

You’re such a champion 👍

I'm getting a solid idea of your standards when:

- Keeping your own clothes on in public

- Not being severely overweight

- Not being too drunk to stay awake at football

- Not drooling down your own overweight, sweaty body

Is your equivalent of "champion"

😂

At JArrolds as an apprentice, Ricardo may well remember him, we have a chap called Alec Miller who did the ToCH commentaries for Hospital radio.Even as a commentator, he used the words, whump it up the pitch, belted the ball etc.

So its nothing new for people to have the most basic demands for the players. When I first started going, the pocket money only stretched to the River End. You should have heard the comments then. Not much profanity but lots of basic instructions. The usual one at the end of the match, even if we had won, when the announcer gave details of the next home match, was "Dornt expeckter see me bor, bleddy rubbish". Of course they were all there next match.

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, astro said:

Genuinely puzzled by your reaction on this thread. What would your reaction have been to Hoggy's scenario? Would you have sat in saintly silence or do you have a problem with the terminology used. Do you prefer the word 'overweight' to 'fat'? 

To be honest, with your reaction, you're not far off condoning the behaviour described which almost certainly would be deemed inappropriate by the majority of people on here. Just my opinion of course.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, hogesar said:

The guy who usually sits next to me didn't attend Saturday. It was replaced with an old-ish bloke who at half time took his t-shirt off, which was disgusting enough. He then proceeded for 10 minutes into the second half to repeatedly call our players "a bunch of useless c*nts" on repeat, until he fell asleep in his chair, drooling down his naked chest.

Are you sure that wasn't a dodgy dream 

13 minutes ago, raunds canary said:

Are you sure that wasn't a dodgy dream 

I don't dream about you Waveney...

1 hour ago, astro said:

What gives you the right to determine if they are conducting themselves in a correct manner? Why is taking your shirt off, being fat and sweating, such a crime? Each to their own, as the OP states, yet fails to adhere to. 

I haven't made any judgement at all on the individual concerned, in this particular case I personally have absolutely no issues with the individual, their lifestyle, their personal hygiene etc, but equally I do not have any issue with somebody passing comment on the same. You taking issue with the comments show that yu really do not believe in "each to their own"............

54 minutes ago, Richard Richard said:

Genuinely puzzled by your reaction on this thread. What would your reaction have been to Hoggy's scenario? Would you have sat in saintly silence or do you have a problem with the terminology used. Do you prefer the word 'overweight' to 'fat'? 

To be honest, with your reaction, you're not far off condoning the behaviour described which almost certainly would be deemed inappropriate by the majority of people on here. Just my opinion of course.

It wouldn’t have bothered me in the slightest if an overweight, sweating person with no top on sat next to me. Do we have seating for overnight, perspiring persons only? 

16 minutes ago, Faded Jaded Semi Plastic SOB said:

I haven't made any judgement at all on the individual concerned, in this particular case I personally have absolutely no issues with the individual, their lifestyle, their personal hygiene etc, but equally I do not have any issue with somebody passing comment on the same. You taking issue with the comments show that yu really do not believe in "each to their own"............

As I pointed out above, ‘each to their own’ doesn’t exist on a discussion forum, otherwise there would be no content. 

1 hour ago, hogesar said:

I'm getting a solid idea of your standards when:

- Keeping your own clothes on in public

- Not being severely overweight

- Not being too drunk to stay awake at football

- Not drooling down your own overweight, sweaty body

Is your equivalent of "champion"

😂

I perhaps didn’t word my reply correctly. You, yourself are the champion for calling people out for being fat, sweating, and drooling. Is that clearer now?

4 hours ago, hogesar said:

Yup, that poor guy had to sit next to hoggy 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, astro said:

I perhaps didn’t word my reply correctly. You, yourself are the champion for calling people out for being fat, sweating, and drooling. Is that clearer now?

Don't forget being too drunk to stay awake and calling all our players "a bunch of useless c*nts".

I'd hate for you to misquote me.

15 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Don't forget being too drunk to stay awake and calling all our players "a bunch of useless c*nts".

I'd hate for you to misquote me.

Maybe you should send your list or requirements to the ticketing office - that way they can vet the person for you before they let them have a ticket. 

3 minutes ago, astro said:

Maybe you should send your list or requirements to the ticketing office - that way they can vet the person for you before they let them have a ticket. 

Astro - the longer you continue with this somewhat ludicrous standpoint, the more I'm beginning to suspect that you actually WERE the bloke Hoggy described as suggested by others! There can be no other reason for your outright refusal to acknowledge the bloke's behaviour wasn't on. Enough now, come on.