Richard Richard

Fellow supporters

Courtesy of a couple of good mates of mine (both season ticket holders) I managed to get to the Millwall and Coventry games, sitting in the same place both games.

Both good wins and the atmosphere inside the stadium was brilliant.

The only downside was the lady sat a few rows behind who repeatedly shrieked "DO something, DO something" whenever frustrated with City's play at the time. This insightful instruction to the players nearly made my ears bleed by the end of both games!

Anyone else have someone sat close/within earshot who drives them to distraction with their comments/behaviour during the match?!

• Haha 1

The guy who usually sits next to me didn't attend Saturday. It was replaced with an old-ish bloke who at half time took his t-shirt off, which was disgusting enough. He then proceeded for 10 minutes into the second half to repeatedly call our players "a bunch of useless c*nts" on repeat, until he fell asleep in his chair, drooling down his naked chest.

What I'm trying to say is, think yourself f*cking lucky!

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

10 minutes ago, hogesar said:

The guy who usually sits next to me didn't attend Saturday. It was replaced with an old-ish bloke who at half time took his t-shirt off, which was disgusting enough. He then proceeded for 10 minutes into the second half to repeatedly call our players "a bunch of useless c*nts" on repeat, until he fell asleep in his chair, drooling down his naked chest.

Sorry Hoggy, I'd had one too many beers!

• Haha 5

9 minutes ago, hogesar said:

I had a bloke, very similar do the same to me away at Gillingham in League one, when we then scored the equalizer late in the game he woke up, and proceeded to jump on the backs of me and my mates, drool and sweat all over us (beautiful) we could barely hold his weight too considering we were all just about 16/17/18

*Shudders at the memory* 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Goodness, some of you live in an extremely sanitised world. I suppose you won’t be happy until everyone dresses the same, behaves the same, and only speaks in a regulated manner. Took his t-shirt off? How dare he!

There's a whole bunch of people who sit near me who, despite us playing the ball out from the back consistently since 2018, still shout 'get rid of it' every time we take a short goal kick.

They're the same people who shout 'get it forwards' whenever we play a backwards pass. Some people just don't understand the modern game. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, astro said:

Goodness, some of you live in an extremely sanitised world. I suppose you won’t be happy until everyone dresses the same, behaves the same, and only speaks in a regulated manner. Took his t-shirt off? How dare he!

Normal for Norfolk, then?

There are things that are expected and ok (to a degree) at football matches, and things that are not OK anywhere. Sanitized (meaning healthy)  in general is a good thing but not always realistic IMO. (Like, should swearwords be banned?)Sterile, outside of a hospital operating room, is not.

41 minutes ago, astro said:

Yeah, sorry for not wanting a fat, sweaty, naked body next to me whilst he randomly calls our players a bunch of c*nts whilst dribbling down his mouth.

If you want to do it again, please don't sit next to me astro.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

52 minutes ago, GodlyOtsemobor said:

I had a bloke, very similar do the same to me away at Gillingham in League one, when we then scored the equalizer late in the game he woke up, and proceeded to jump on the backs of me and my mates, drool and sweat all over us (beautiful) we could barely hold his weight too considering we were all just about 16/17/18

*Shudders at the memory* 

I went to that game, I remember Simeon Jackson scoring a penalty and then giving it to the Norwich fans right in front of us!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, canarydan23 said:

I went to that game, I remember Simeon Jackson scoring a penalty and then giving it to the Norwich fans right in front of us!

Standing on the wonderful scaffolding stand that was swaying when we scored 🤣

8 minutes ago, GodlyOtsemobor said:

Standing on the wonderful scaffolding stand that was swaying when we scored 🤣

That was probably in the top ten of most vigorously celebrated goals ever. I think I ended about 6 seats across and 2 rows back from my original seat.

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Yeah, sorry for not wanting a fat, sweaty, naked body next to me whilst he randomly calls our players a bunch of c*nts whilst dribbling down his mouth.

If you want to do it again, please don't sit next to me astro.

Again you stoop to make a crass assumption as to my being. Such a shame. 
Is it any worse that he is sweating whilst naked or whilst wearing a shirt- I can’t see a difference personally. Why is it an issue that the person is fat? Maybe they have an eating disorder, dietary or diabetic problems. 

17 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Yeah, sorry for not wanting a fat, sweaty, naked body next to me

That reminds me - I wonder how the ex wife is getting on these days...........

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

1 minute ago, astro said:

Is it any worse that he is sweating whilst naked or whilst wearing a shirt- I can’t see a difference personally. Why is it an issue that the person is fat? Maybe they have an eating disorder, dietary or diabetic problems. 

🎣🎣🎣🎣🎣🎣 ....must be.

31 minutes ago, mrD66M said:

Normal for Norfolk, then?

There are things that are expected and ok (to a degree) at football matches, and things that are not OK anywhere. Sanitized (meaning healthy)  in general is a good thing but not always realistic IMO. (Like, should swearwords be banned?)Sterile, outside of a hospital operating room, is not.

Ok, for ‘extremely sanitised’ insert ‘sterile’, I reckon they mean pretty much the same thing. 

1 minute ago, wcorkcanary said:

🎣🎣🎣🎣🎣🎣 ....must be.

I’m sorry, I don’t understand your cryptic message. 

2 minutes ago, astro said:

image.jpeg.e14453114c35b3b9d677f04303e32ac3.jpeg

7 minutes ago, astro said:

Astro - this is meant to be a light-hearted sharing of experiences at City games. Blimey - some people can start an argument with their own shadow 🙄

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, astro said:

Ok, for ‘extremely sanitised’ insert ‘sterile’, I reckon they mean pretty much the same thing. 

I see what you're getting at.. I take it you're against "woke culture" and such? Please correct me if I am wrong. 

8 minutes ago, Richard Richard said:

Blimey - some people can start an argument with their own shadow 🙄

My shadow has been known to look at me in a funny way! 

I offered him out, but after darkness, and he never shows up - pu55y! *

* How is that restricted? 

Edited by Greavsy

4 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

My shadow has been known to look at me in a funny way! 

I offered him out, but after darkness, and he never shows up - ****! 

A fight where my opponent doesn't show up is a fight I might win 😁

1 minute ago, Richard Richard said:

A fight where my opponent doesn't show up is a fight I might win 😁

TKO surely? 

17 minutes ago, Richard Richard said:

Astro - this is meant to be a light-hearted sharing of experiences at City games. Blimey - some people can start an argument with their own shadow 🙄

Would you accept it if it was a family member or close acquaintance being talked about in such a way? 

Just now, astro said:

Would you accept it if it was a family member or close acquaintance being talked about in such a way? 

To be fair, I wouldn't expect a family member or close acquaintance to behave in the manner described in the first place. If he/she did, I'd expect people to talk about them! Human nature my friend.

I once had a stunning blonde woman next to me whose first game of football it was so I talked to her the whole match.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1