Sign in to follow this  
cambridgeshire canary

Remember when Yeovil were in the Championship?

Lovely little video, worth a watch if you get the time. Was a fatastic example of a club going way above the odds and doing far better than they should, on a tiny budget compared to the rest (hmm, somewhat like us in the top flight I suppose..) even if it did not last all that long

I was surprised to see that Yeovil had dropped into the National League. I watched them play at Wealdstone last Monday. Wealdstone had a player sent off after 10 minutes but Yeovil couldn’t take advantage. 

Rapid rise and even quicker decline. Lovely little club. I was there for our 4-0 league cup win and 3-3 draw and they were so much in awe of us. Really respected who we were and none of the arrogance others showed us. The Johnson's did well with the club and when they left/sacked was the start of the decline.

Wow, all yellow in that era - never thought we did that until the late 90's. Was that a one-off? And Keelan in Blue, cos' of Yeovil's green shirts. 

3 hours ago, Old Shuck said:

I remember going on a supporters train and, despite Yeovil being on the other side of the World, getting home in time to watch us on Match of the Day

Edited by Crabbycanary3

Hateful team. My next door neighbour back in 2013 was a fan. Closest I’ve ever come to keying a car was seeing his Yeovil sticker after the play off final. I did enjoy talking to him about winning at Chelsea last season. And that my boy supports Brentford too while his is Leeds (they’ve been friends since they were babies- much bantz while we were at the game on Saturday) and he now goes to Leeds more than Yeovil. 

49 minutes ago, Crabbycanary3 said:

I remember going on a supporters train and, despite Yeovil being on the other side of the World, getting home in time to watch us on Match of the Day

Yep i remember going to that game on a ' Special ' train.

• Like 1

I went in L1, cant say I really enjoyed the experience.  Place was a right pain to get to on the train and I managed to get a lift back to Norwich on the club coach (another story) and it took us forever to get out of the Town.  

22 hours ago, aBee said:

Hateful team. My next door neighbour back in 2013 was a fan. Closest I’ve ever come to keying a car was seeing his Yeovil sticker after the play off final. I did enjoy talking to him about winning at Chelsea last season. And that my boy supports Brentford too while his is Leeds (they’ve been friends since they were babies- much bantz while we were at the game on Saturday) and he now goes to Leeds more than Yeovil. 

That escalated etc.

• Haha 2

On 05/09/2022 at 16:07, aBee said:

alan-partridge-noise.gif

• Haha 1