Sign in to follow this  
......and Smith must score.

Drummer behind the big screen

4 minutes ago, Danke bitte said:

At least they’re trying. Makes me laugh that some moan about lack of atmosphere then when people try to bring it they get shot down. I find it very confusing 

Sporadically banging a drum out of tune does not constitute an atmosphere.

Your better off with a song leader with a megaphone.

Go back to watching the German leagues on TV get some inspiration 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Nexus_Canary said:

I know just the guy, sign him up Webber:

1 hour ago, Nexus_Canary said:

Sporadically banging a drum out of tune does not constitute an atmosphere.

Go back to watching the German leagues on TV get some inspiration 

How can you bang a drum out of tune?

2 hours ago, Danke bitte said:

At least they’re trying. Makes me laugh that some moan about lack of atmosphere then when people try to bring it they get shot down. I find it very confusing 

Atmosphere in a football stadium is organic. You can't generate it artificially.

There's ways to help it but lots of that is to do with how a stadium is laid out. Forced efforts like this will inevitably fail.

Play good football, win games, give fans a reason hope that they are on an upwards journey, fill out the stadium and most football grounds will be fantastic. 

The bit that's missing from Carrow road is the upwards journey part and that can only be satisfied by a decent stint in the prem or (and I hope not) a period of mid table obscurity which then sees us promoted.

• Like 1

I agree with the organic point on the whole. I thought the Onel chant at the end was really good, possibly the only raucous chant of the game. As I’ve posted before I do think our fans (Norfolk people) are generally quieter than most and that’s just a feature of this area. As mentioned often people trying to create an atmosphere are rather distained, much like people who don’t wear colours think their too cool to participate. 

The position of the drummer may have been questionable but I thought the intermittent use was just about right...was every 10 mins or so, or when there was a lull.

If the drummer from the 'city elite' group, who's seemingly had their nose put out of joint, were to get to do this, it would be for the whole game, which would fairly quickly become irritating

Edited by GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary

5 minutes ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

If the drummer from the 'city elite' group, who's seemingly had their nose put out of joint, were to get to do this, it would be for the whole game, which would fairly quickly bevlcome irritating

The whole thing just reaked of tinpot. 

2 minutes ago, Nexus_Canary said:

The whole thing just reaked of tinpot. 

The only tinpot thing IMO is the people criticising it. 

The atmosphere at Carrow Road is rubbish. People are trying to do something about it and get flak. It wouldn’t look as ‘tin pot’ if fans got behind it, instead of laughing it off. 

Too much entitlement within the fan base currently, that’s the problem. It’s rotting away the atmosphere. That’s more embarrassing than any attempt to rectify it. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Creedence Clearwater Couto said:

The atmosphere at Carrow Road is rubbish. People are trying to do something about it and get flak. It wouldn’t look as ‘tin pot’ if fans got behind it, instead of laughing it off. 

Too much entitlement within the fan base currently, that’s the problem. It’s rotting away the atmosphere. That’s more embarrassing than any attempt to rectify it. 

This 100%. Great post and spot on. 

28 minutes ago, Creedence Clearwater Couto said:

Entitlement? 
What are you banging on about.
Entitlement to enjoy a football match and engage in it as I see fit and not have a drummer with false atmosphere rammed down my throat?

The problem is that people are deciding that they should bang something as intrusive as a drum.

Excuse me also but if people dont want to stand and sing all f**king game they are ENTITLED to not be involved.
F**K you with your expectations and the do's and dont's of fan participation.

Edited by Nexus_Canary

I think we should actually just make the whole place silent.
Our chants are sh1t anyway so lets all sing OTBC at the start, sit down eat our sandwiches and enjoy the game. 
Ignore the inbreds and unemployed who rock up to the away end and have a nice peaceful day out at the footy without the Atmosphere police telling us what we can and cant do.
F**k off utterly. 

5 minutes ago, Nexus_Canary said:

Entitlement? 
What are you banging on about.
Entitlement to enjoy a football match and engage in it as I see fit and not have a drummer with false atmosphere rammed down my throat?

The problem is that people are deciding that they should bang something as intrusive as a drum.

Excuse me also but if people dont want to stand and sing all f**king game they are ENTITLED to not be involved.
F**K you with your expectations and the do's and dont's of fan participation.

I thought you didn’t like the drum 😅

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Creedence Clearwater Couto said:

I thought you didn’t like the drum 😅

I don't agree with your previous comment, the drummer imo is as tinpot as the 3 stars on a certain teams shirt, however this comment of yours made me chuckle 😂

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Nexus_Canary said:

Our chants are sh1t anyway so lets all sing OTBC at the start, sit down eat our sandwiches and enjoy the game. 
Ignore the inbreds and unemployed who rock up to the away end and have a nice peaceful day out at the footy without the Atmosphere police telling us what we can and cant do.
F**k off utterly. 

Wow. That escalated quickly..🤯

52 minutes ago, Creedence Clearwater Couto said:

Wow. That escalated quickly..🤯

Not the reaction I planned 🙄🐟🐟🐟

And your drum comment was on point proper made me chuckle 😂🤣

Edited by Nexus_Canary

29 minutes ago, Nexus_Canary said:

F**k off utterly. 

Rather scary stuff. My thought is that fans sing/chant as they see fit (see Coventry). Whereas your idea is that there should be some required or expected participation, orchestrated by the club. " At precisely 3.17, we will have 45 seconds of spontaneous cheering". Anyone found not joining in will be ejected, we are to suppose. Rather copying the US where spontaneity at sports grounds is unheard of. Just as singing the national anthem in the morning at school, has the same overtones of North Korean type collective expressions of public feeling.  "Kim (not so) Yung Delia is unwell, so there will be a 30 sec outbreak of grief"

16 minutes ago, PockthorpePete said:

Rather scary stuff. My thought is that fans sing/chant as they see fit (see Coventry). Whereas your idea is that there should be some required or expected participation, orchestrated by the club. " At precisely 3.17, we will have 45 seconds of spontaneous cheering". Anyone found not joining in will be ejected, we are to suppose. Rather copying the US where spontaneity at sports grounds is unheard of. Just as singing the national anthem in the morning at school, has the same overtones of North Korean type collective expressions of public feeling.  "Kim (not so) Yung Delia is unwell, so there will be a 30 sec outbreak of grief"

Ern never once did I say that the club should orchestrate participation at set moments.

I do think that our chants blow donkey balls but it's not really the fault of the fans and more the fault of the media saturation of football where there are set songs insert player used.

Baby give it up, sloop John b etc etc.

Also I was doing a spot or fishing and the fish decided not to bite.

As tempting as it is when an off species hits your lure I'm not going to flip into the comment 😁

I thought it was lame as f. I hope to never see an organised drummer like that ever again. This is my opinion. I'll roll my eyes at the next game whilst the away fans chant 'pedo' at him again. 

• Like 1

Who is the drummer who has got into a snot because they weren't chosen to do it then? Bit pathetic to get wound up about that.

Anyway, saw a clip of the drummer behind the screen pillar and next to the away things and thought it was an absolute cringe-fest. What bright spark came up with that idea?

Get the drum going to add to atmosphere 

You could have heard a pin drop at times

Coventry supporters were terrific considering we were playing a  very very poor side but they kept up the support to the end 

22 hours ago, Creedence Clearwater Couto said:

The atmosphere is rotting away because the of all the rules and the change of people watching the game. No standing, no naughty language etc, It's like going to the cinema these games..

The problem inside Carrow Road on a match day is the fact that more than 3/4’s of the ground do not contribute anything to the atmosphere. We are known as a family club and a large proportion of the capacity will be made up of a younger generation and dare I say it the older generations. They will be happy to sit, clap and occasionally moan when the odd pass goes astray.

On Saturday there was not one song sung from either the City stand (Coventry apart), River End or the South stand. Even the snake pit is quiet now.

Its a far cry from the days when I watched my beloved team from the back of the Barclay taking on the mighty Inter and Bayern with electric atmospheres.

I’m not sure what the answer is. Safe standing areas may help. Better pre match and half time entertainment. Several drummers together. Vuvuzela’s😃.

51 minutes ago, Kenny Foggo said:

The atmosphere is rotting away because the of all the rules and the change of people watching the game. No standing, no naughty language etc, It's like going to the cinema these games..

That’s not true though. The atmosphere at other grounds (not all), is much better, with the same constraints.