Sign in to follow this  
......and Smith must score.

Drummer behind the big screen

That’s the first game I’ve been to in several years and the first game my son has attended. What stood out was how poor the home atmosphere was, the drummer behind the screen was laughable. Credit though to the Coventry fans, we were right next to them and they were superb 

• Like 3

Just now, Virtual reality said:

That’s the first game I’ve been to in several years and the first game my son has attended. What stood out was how poor the home atmosphere was, the drummer behind the screen was laughable. Credit though to the Coventry fans, we were right next to them and they were superb 

Coventry fans were good, fair play, the sort of game where there wasn't much action to lift the home crowd second half, it was very flat during that period but the game was won at half time. Nice to see the flags out again👍

1 minute ago, Van wink said:

Coventry fans were good, fair play, the sort of game where there wasn't much action to lift the home crowd second half, it was very flat during that period but the game was won at half time. Nice to see the flags out again👍

Flags were out? Class. Well done @TIL 1010

• Haha 2

not seen much talk about this yet.

If you were not there today they have stuck a chap with a drum on the scaffold between the Barclay and the away fans.

What were people's thoughts?

I sit In the jarold and actually thought it was Coventry away fans who had bought it.

To me it was a bit sporadic and sounded tin pot at.

Like we can't make atmosphere let's bang a drum out of tune.

When I found out it was a norwich drum I was a bit like wow , that's so lame.

What were other people's thoughts?

Anyone in the Barclay who actually thought it was really good?

I appreciate I wasn't near it and didn't even know it was ours so would like to see the general consensus.

Copy pasted from the another thread 

Felt a bit sorry for the drummer.  The Barclay didn’t make much noise today and the poor bloke with the drum was out on his own getting stick from the Coventry fans.

7 minutes ago, Naturalcynic said:

Felt a bit sorry for the drummer.  The Barclay didn’t make much noise today and the poor bloke with the drum was out on his own getting stick from the Coventry fans.

But what a stupid place to put him though.

Old butler on canary call reckoned the guy who usually drums at away games wasn't consulted and has his knickers in a twist.

Drum fight!!!!

**** it we should go next level and have a DJ pumping out dub step.

Bet the Germans would go mental for that **** and it would hype the crowd.

4 minutes ago, Nexus_Canary said:

Old butler on canary call reckoned the guy who usually drums at away games wasn't consulted and has his knickers in a twist.

Drum fight!!!!

**** it we should go next level and have a DJ pumping out dub step.

Bet the Germans would go mental for that **** and it would hype the crowd.

I wonder if that was the guy at the Cambridge pre season friendly?

me and my lad thought he was great and with the right fans was really entertaining.

This all sounds really weird to me, didn't see or hear him/her. Was he/she topless with a bronzed torso and bald head?

Hope he wasn't a J Arthur 

31 minutes ago, Van wink said:

They brought a very good following for a team in their position. 26,487 in today and it looked like they filled the away end. 

1 minute ago, Midlands Yellow said:

They brought a very good following for a team in their position. 26,487 in today and it looked like they filled the away end. 

Yes it looked like they did and sang really well, the sort of signing you do when you've given up and your team is getting stuffed though😀

That atmosphere is going to be flat for as long as people arent entirely sure what we are playing for. Remember how being top of the championship was incredibly exciting a few years ago? How many of us are that excited now? 

We all half expect to be there or there abouts but lots won't be particularly thrilled by the idea of going up and getting thrashed week in week out.

• Like 3

Thought the drummer was great although not sure where he went 2nd half? Thought it went pretty well keeping the atmosphere going. Nice idea with a stage for him, shouldn't offend too many.

1 hour ago, Nexus_Canary said:

not seen much talk about this yet.

If you were not there today they have stuck a chap with a drum on the scaffold between the Barclay and the away fans.

What were people's thoughts?

I sit In the jarold and actually thought it was Coventry away fans who had bought it.

To me it was a bit sporadic and sounded tin pot at.

Like we can't make atmosphere let's bang a drum out of tune.

When I found out it was a norwich drum I was a bit like wow , that's so lame.

What were other people's thoughts?

Anyone in the Barclay who actually thought it was really good?

I appreciate I wasn't near it and didn't even know it was ours so would like to see the general consensus.

Copy pasted from the another thread 

1 hour ago, Nexus_Canary said:

I sit In the jarold and actually thought it was Coventry away fans who had bought it

The drummer was wearing a City shirt so that would have been some first class bluff from the Coventry boys 

Could the drummer see the pitch from his position? From where I sit, it looked like he was right behind the post? 

Coventry fans cheered the third goal louder than we did! The atmosphere is terribly lacking!

The drummer definitely got the crowd going so I think it’s a good thing. However, didn’t seem to have much variety and kept disappearing. I recall Leicester away a few seasons back, their drummer was really one with the crowd. 

2 hours ago, duke63 said:

Ghost of Keith Moon. 

An insult to ghosts and Moonie

The drummer was a poor addition who added nothing. Next time. Take 6 coffees between 2.40 and 3 and just hit the thing repeatedly for the whole game. Not a half arsed effort every 10 minutes 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, Van wink said:

Have moved seats this season, now more central, didn't hear a thing? 

I wasn't the only one then who never heard a thing . However reading Facebook it looks like something the club have initiated without any consultation with fans and young Master Harley Gee and his mates from ' City elite '  who are the away drummers have as been said got their knickers in a twist over this in house appointment.

At least they’re trying. Makes me laugh that some moan about lack of atmosphere then when people try to bring it they get shot down. I find it very confusing 

• Like 3