Sign in to follow this  

Tzolis for FC Twente

Playing regularly I see for FC Twente, has started today against PSV.

Anyone seen anything of him?

Just watched first half on Mola TV.  They're 2 up and both wide players having a good game creating chances - maybe should've had more.

First half Tzolis was really direct, looked very good. PSV came out better secondhalf though.

He's not someone you'd watch that match and he stands out to make you think "I really would like us to sign him", but knowing that he's our player it's really encouraging - particularly doing it against PSV.  He was competing physically and driving at them.  Nearly earnt a pen secondhalf too, but was on edge of the box.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

His teamates were not using him alot. He was losing the ball he couldnt defend his position. He looked lost out there. Maybe he's injured idk but he dint impress me. Its a shame because the few times he had the ball and a bit of space he did some smart plays but as soon as someone was on him it was game over. 

1 hour ago, Tzol Machine said:

His teamates were not using him alot. He was losing the ball he couldnt defend his position. He looked lost out there.

Seemed to be more central than in other matches?  I've only watched two though.

22 minutes ago, Google Bot said:

Seemed to be more central than in other matches?  I've only watched two though.

Its the first game he played 90+ minutes, i'm not sure i din't watch the other games other than the highlights, this one i watched from the the first few minutes onwards. 

He seems out of place on the wing. The LB will literally move in front of him to take a pass in his place. 

I don't know his fitness is really poor 

3 hours ago, Tzol Machine said:

I don't know his fitness is really poor 

He does seem to lose interest quickly, which is something we saw in the few times he played for us - kinda goes missing on the pitch.

Did you watch him at PAOK?  If so, did he have up and down games for them also? 

8 hours ago, GodlyOtsemobor said:

That 35 goal prediction is looking good then 🤣

Don't forget about the 15 assists 

He did look a bit chunky when he was with us. I have the feeling he may have been comfort eating. He needs to toughen up mentally, perhaps? He certainly has the ability IMO.

13 hours ago, Google Bot said:

He does seem to lose interest quickly, which is something we saw in the few times he played for us - kinda goes missing on the pitch.

Did you watch him at PAOK?  If so, did he have up and down games for them also? 

Yeah he made most of his goals and assist during the first half of his career with Paok then the second half he wasn't producing as much. People thought it was maybe due to a change of manager in the team. 

He used to run and be an important asset for Paok. Now he looks out of shape, his teamates seemed to avoid him he looked like a passanger and on defense he was useless. There was little sense of urgency from his part. He was literally walking on the pitch. 

19 hours ago, Tzol Machine said:

His teamates were not using him alot. He was losing the ball he couldnt defend his position. He looked lost out there. Maybe he's injured idk but he dint impress me. Its a shame because the few times he had the ball and a bit of space he did some smart plays but as soon as someone was on him it was game over. 

Is he grounded at the moment at the Tzolis household?

34 minutes ago, Tzol Machine said:

He used to run and be an important asset for Paok. Now he looks out of shape, his teamates seemed to avoid him he looked like a passanger and on defense he was useless. There was little sense of urgency from his part.

Seems to be a common occurrence from last season, Gilmour, Rashica, Tzolis - All seemed to go backwards with us.

It was a poor season, and I think in Tzolis's case the Liverpool penalty incident didn't help.  Hoping he can rebuild with Twente. 

I thought he looked quite good in spells in the first half yesterday, and very close to winning pen in second.  But didn't stand out - I was specifically watching him with intent from a Norwich perspective.

Edited by Google Bot

3 hours ago, Tzol Machine said:

Yeah he made most of his goals and assist during the first half of his career with Paok then the second half he wasn't producing as much. People thought it was maybe due to a change of manager in the team. 

He used to run and be an important asset for Paok. Now he looks out of shape, his teamates seemed to avoid him he looked like a passanger and on defense he was useless. There was little sense of urgency from his part. He was literally walking on the pitch. 

This is the Tzolis we got to know. 

7 minutes ago, GodlyOtsemobor said:

This is the Tzolis we got to know. 

Its not fair to say that. Tzolis was great until he took the penalty he wasn't supposed to. Not sure if you saw that match againts Liverpool, you can't say he was bad, in fact he was probably the best player on the pitch for Norwich that game. He just regressed alot since then. 

2 minutes ago, Tzol Machine said:

Its not fair to say that. Tzolis was great until he took the penalty he wasn't supposed to. Not sure if you saw that match againts Liverpool, you can't say he was bad, in fact he was probably the best player on the pitch for Norwich that game. He just regressed alot since then. 

No, no he really wasn't, he had one good game for us against Bournemouths B team in the cup. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, GodlyOtsemobor said:

No, no he really wasn't, he had one good game for us against Bournemouths B team in the cup. 

Nah man, he took some nice shots and gave a few golden passes to Idah who couldn't shoot to save his life. 

We prob remember it differently i would have to see the game again but my impressions were positive

Well of course your impressions were positive, your not going to say your own son was shìte now are you. 

Seriously though, you can't really be so far up the geezers chocolate starfish that you genuinely believe all this about him! He may well come good, but for us he showed nothing outside of ONE performance against a RESERVE SIDE. 

My memory is fine, I remember being excited by his signing to see what he had to offer and I remember being bitterly disappointed by realizing that he had(has?) Very little to offer. 

Edited by GodlyOtsemobor

27 minutes ago, GodlyOtsemobor said:

your not going to say your own son was shìte now are you. 

Well... 

4 hours ago, Tzol Machine said:

he looks out of shape, his teamates seemed to avoid him he looked like a passanger and on defense he was useless

4 hours ago, GodlyOtsemobor said:

Well of course your impressions were positive, your not going to say your own son was shìte now are you. 

Seriously though, you can't really be so far up the geezers chocolate starfish that you genuinely believe all this about him! He may well come good, but for us he showed nothing outside of ONE performance against a RESERVE SIDE. 

My memory is fine, I remember being excited by his signing to see what he had to offer and I remember being bitterly disappointed by realizing that he had(has?) Very little to offer. 

Goal scoring and crossing is elite. Are you denying that?

6 hours ago, Tzol Machine said:

If his goal scoring and crossing was elite, he would be at or near the top of our goal scoring/assist charts for last season. Especially considering we scored so few.  He wasn't.  He is not elite level at anything at this stage, other than underwhelming after a large transfer.  Time away will hopefully help him develop and come back to us a competent player that can be integrated into the team.

6 hours ago, Tzol Machine said:

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha 

It really is not!!!!! 

Could he become decent in those respects? Absolutely if he applies himself properly, and I hope he does. 

But elite? You mean like Kane, Son, Ronaldo, Messi, Haaland etc etc etc. Absolutely, unequivocally, undisputedly NO!!!!!!

8 hours ago, Tzol Machine said:

He's scored three goals outside of the Greek league- I think it is tough to describe that as 'elite.' 

3 hours ago, GodlyOtsemobor said:

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha 

It really is not!!!!! 

Could he become decent in those respects? Absolutely if he applies himself properly, and I hope he does. 

But elite? You mean like Kane, Son, Ronaldo, Messi, Haaland etc etc etc. Absolutely, unequivocally, undisputedly NO!!!!!!

You really shouldnt mention Tottenham players being elite.

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Tzol Machine said:

He's getting dominated out there. I doubt he can even play in greece now

This has to be the most u turny u turn I’ve ever seen on someone’s view of a player. Honestly, about a fortnight ago everyone who said anything about Tzolis and his lack of work rate, pace, etc you batted back with “you have no idea, you don’t even know man, he’s from my village, you weren’t even there”. Then he plays about 5 games and you lose all that vehement faith in your brother from another mother. I’m not sure whether I should feel happy that you’ve come to most people’s way of thinking or a bit disappointed that you gave up on him so easily 😂

At this rate I’m not sure you’ll need to wait till end of season to renounce his standard, feel like you’ve written him off already. Give the lad a fighting chance 😉! (Anyone seen 12 angry men?) 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1