Sign in to follow this  
cambridgeshire canary

Five wins in a row, top of the table..

Yet according to some we have no identity, its all just hoofball, the coach is a fraud and our manager is clueless and should be sacked. After all, he drinks tea in a mug and puts his hands in his pockets 😂

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Yet according to some we have no identity, its all just hoofball, the coach is a fraud and our manager is clueless and should be sacked. After all, he drinks tea in a mug and puts his hands in his pockets 😂

Which is exactly what you were saying two or three weeks ago.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I bet some posters' rationale on this is that we're winning only because they're calling for Smith to get out of the club. They're lighting a fire under his... ahem, tea kettle.

8 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Or you could simply get yourself out up the City and celebrate a good win, you should really try it one day you more than anyone must be in need of getting out for some fresh air 😏

7 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

Which is exactly what you were saying two or three weeks ago.

Funny how he never responds to those claims either🤣, at least the rest of us own our comments, whether right or wrong. 

I'm still not sure smith is a good fit.......but.....I'll hold my hands up and say very pleased to be proved wrong!! 5 on the bounce. Long may it continue. Otbc. I'm just enjoying the ride!!!! 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RugbyCanary said:

I'm still not sure smith is a good fit.......but.....I'll hold my hands up and say very pleased to be proved wrong!! 5 on the bounce. Long may it continue. Otbc. I'm just enjoying the ride!!!! 

He was brought here to take us to a level Farke couldn't, he's yet to do or show us he can do that. Performances like today go a way to that task, but nowhere near there yet. 

Today tough I am more confident than I have been previously though, but let's not get carried away, this league appears to be much worse than when we were in it last time. 

I'm just in the City simply enjoying a good 3 points. 

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, The Real Buh said:

I celebrated every goal

Dean Smith Out

OK buh. Give us your top five replacements. Then we can go from there. 5 wins in a row. What's not to like

Just because one may not like the manager yet does not mean that wins cannot be cheered and celebrated. The two are not mutually exclusive. I'd rather have an unpleasant manager and win (Lambert?) than a lovely guy manager but lose (Hughton?) every week.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ken Hairy said:

He was brought here to take us to a level Farke couldn't, he's yet to do or show us he can do that. Performances like today go a way to that task, but nowhere near there yet. 

Today tough I am more confident than I have been previously though, but let's not get carried away, this league appears to be much worse than when we were in it last time. 

I'm just in the City simply enjoying a good 3 points. 

This is sensible talk. Yes it is brilliant we are top and well done all round. But there was a period in the 2nd half where we allowed them back in the game. Somebody called it game management but with 5 subs  I want us to be ruthless. For me, we should have stood on Coventry's throats.

But each to their own and what we do all have in common is we are delighted right now.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

fetchimage.jpg

34 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Jesus Christ…really, 

let’s wait till we play a good side and see which side you come up on then!!

3 minutes ago, Dean Coneys boots said:

The only negative is the thought of next season if we go up! 

Ha, we’re so far away from that I can’t even begin to think about it. 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Dean Coneys boots said:

Oh go orrrrn, that's not the only negative is it?

- Need another CB.
- Not enough midfielders.
- Sara not starting.

Etc.

• Thanks 1

Once again, this league is shocking. The second half, before Onel came on, might as well have been played down the park.

Dean Smith is not a bad manager, nor is he a great one. He's a good to average manager, and that's all we need to get out of this league this year with our squad.

The squad is a mix of players/styles and still lacks cohesion, but it simply doesn't matter as the opposition is so poor this year. This team would face exactly the same punishment as last year's if promoted. 

The crowd know it too, you can visibly see and hear the apathy/lack of true enjoyment despite being top. This isn't a moan post but rather a realistic picture of where we are. 

• Like 7

28 minutes ago, RugbyCanary said:

Pretty much sums up how I feel. Still not sure what the game plan is at times but you can't argue with 5 wins in a row

At the end of DF's first season I was chatting with Scott Minto in a bar in Amsterdam. He asked what I thought of DF. I said he wasn't what we wanted. We were slow to build up, no attack and defensively frail.

I tweeted him after we won the league next season and said "what do I know". Thing is, that first season was poor so I could only talk about what I had seen. Not what I might see.

To be honest, we have one of, if not the, best squads in this division. We are where we should be.

42 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

This is sensible talk. Yes it is brilliant we are top and well done all round. But there was a period in the 2nd half where we allowed them back in the game. Somebody called it game management but with 5 subs  I want us to be ruthless. For me, we should have stood on Coventry's throats.

But each to their own and what we do all have in common is we are delighted right now.

None of that is a reason for people to want Smith to be sacked,  though.

As predicted, Smith is proving those who claimed he wouldn't have us higher than midtable laughably wrong so far.

3 minutes ago, hogesar said:

None of that is a reason for people to want Smith to be sacked,  though.

As predicted, Smith is proving those who claimed he wouldn't have us higher than midtable laughably wrong so far.

Even Peter Grant could have done well with our squad. I said on another thread that we probably have the best one in the division so we were always going to be there or thereabouts. When you look at our first three subs, Coventry must have sighed. I can't think of one of their players who was anywhere near as good as ours. 

2 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

Even Peter Grant could have done well with our squad. I said on another thread that we probably have the best one in the division so we were always going to be there or thereabouts. When you look at our first three subs, Coventry must have sighed. I can't think of one of their players who was anywhere near as good as ours. 

Of course you can have that opinion but it's not what several said about Smith on here during pre season or after the first game or two. They said Smith would have us midtable.

1 minute ago, hogesar said:

Of course you can have that opinion but it's not what several said about Smith on here during pre season or after the first game or two. They said Smith would have us midtable.

Well they were well wrong after three games. 

I try and avoid talking about sacking etc because I like to take each game on its own merits. So despite the wins, I have been unhappy with some of our play. Even part of the 2nd half today was sloppy and pedestrian. But it changed with the subs. So well done Deano. You spotted the problem.

Credit where its due, we have dragged ourselves from bottom to top. He has to take praise for that.

• Like 1

Nice to see The Manager has faith in Hugill 

Reminds me a lot of Hercules,  Harold Steptoe’s cart horse which was ready for the Knackers Yard

Edited by daly

1 hour ago, Dean Coneys boots said:

And that's the only thought you post.

Well done 👍🙃👏👏👏

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, wheres my rebate gone? said:

Jesus Christ…really, 

let’s wait till we play a good side and see which side you come up on then!!

Well he's been on both sides in the last few weeks. It seems to be whichever side has the right momentum. So that won't tell you anything.