Sign in to follow this  
TeemuVanBasten

Jetro Willems is a free agent

28 year old Dutch left back, released on deadline day so he can sign for a new club after relegation from the Bundesliga.

He did well on loan at Newcastle the season before last, but they opted for Jamal Lewis on a permanent instead of keeping him, Newcastle fans were later suggesting they still sign him after Jamal Lewis struggled.

There are worse ideas (Danny Rose for example, is a much worse one!),

Edited by TeemuVanBasten
  • Like 1

Got to be honest I do not recall noticing him.  Equally any left back has to be better than no left back, especially when we also have only limited midfield options as well.

Having seemingly chosen to not push hard for a left back while the window was open, I doubt they'll go for a free agent now.

We were left short on numbers in defence the last time we were in the Championship and got away with it by never having more than one centre back out injured at any time until promotion was a certainly and Sorensen covering extremely well in an emergency. Hopefully the gamble pays off again. 

I can't imagine he'd want to come home to play a handful of games then be cast aside for Dimi and Sam to return.

Plus he's been released due to relegation, would be want to come to a second division side?