Sign in to follow this  
Citizen Journalist Foghorn

Does Piper want worthy out?

Keith Piper alludes: "Stringer is one of the club''s all-time greats; the original local boy made good, a veteran centre-half who went on to perform wonders as City manager, guiding the Canaries to two FA Cup semi-finals in four seasons and a then club record best-ever finish of fourth in the old First Division.

It came as a big surprise when he resigned after the penultimate game of the 1991-92 season. It had been a relatively difficult campaign and once City were mathematically safe from relegation Stringer announced he was quitting.

When asked why he was going, he said something along the lines of: “Every manager has his shelf life, and I''ve reached mine.”

I think it was Winston Churchill who once said words to the effect that in order to understand the future, you should first look into the past. History, in other words, can teach us much about what lies ahead.

What''s that got to do with the price of fish? I hear you ask. Well, I''d say history suggests Dave Stringer''s timing was spot on. He knew when to get out.

As a result, Norwich fans will forever remember him for all the good work he did as manager, and not the struggle towards the end of his tenure."

I think even Keith Piper realises Worthy''s time is up.... 

But wait that means he must be ANTI-CLUB!!  SUPPORT THE TEAM PIPER!!! SUPPORT THE TEAM YOU DISLOYAL SUPPOSSED FAN...

I rest my case.

[quote user="Mr Rosario"]So you think Keith Piper wants Worthy out.    I wonder what Kevin Piper thinks about it? [:D] (Sorry for being pedantic)[/quote]

[:D] and I always thought he was called Keith?? [:S]  Taxi for Rankin.....Sorry  Foghorn!!!

Does Kevin Piper want Worthy Out? I don''t think that there''s any ambiguity in his article! Perhaps he should have just written ''I WANT WORTHY OUT''! Well done, Kevin.