Jump to content
Yellow Wal

Billy Gilmour transfer

Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, ron obvious said:

I simply saw nothing about him that suggested anything vaguely exceptional. 

Nunez a far superior player from what I've seen, & at far less cost.

He looked world class against Dan Marino and the pharaoh Islands lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Of all the places to go, I reckon BHA is a good bet for Billy.  They are neat and tidy, and move the ball well.  Often playing 2 CAMs, which I think will suit Gilmour better than the deep lying position we tended to use him.

Also Potter is a coach who seems to develop players well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Canary dwarf said:

He looked world class against Dan Marino and the pharaoh Islands lol

Bet the Miami dolphins weren't happy there 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Newtopia said:

Of all the places to go, I reckon BHA is a good bet for Billy.  They are neat and tidy, and move the ball well.  Often playing 2 CAMs, which I think will suit Gilmour better than the deep lying position we tended to use him.

Also Potter is a coach who seems to develop players well.

If potter can develop Billy into a world class player then he will be the finest manager in world football!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm committed to never miss an opportunity to point out how sh*t that little f*cker is so this thread is like catnip for me!

 

What are Wee Billy's strengths? He's short, slow, and unathletic. He's nowhere near a PL player physically and never will be. He can't defend at all. In addition to being physically outmatched against nearly every player he comes up against his positioning is terrible. He constantly gets beat. Offensively, he can't score goals, or assist. Is that in doubt? What did he create for us last season? He can't really carry the ball forward under any sort of pressure. He can pass the ball, sure, but not with any real creativity or threat. What ... is he good at? Did he do anything positive at all?

 

Nunez did more in his first 45 minutes than Billy F*cking Gilmour did all of last season. Gilmour is terrible. Brighton have wasted their damn money.

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Canary dwarf said:

If potter can develop Billy into a world class player then he will be the finest manager in world football!

World class might be a stretch.  I wonder how the Chelsea fans who voted him our man of the match every game feel about the sale.

I do think it is a good choice, whether it works out is a different question, but much better than Everton would have been, not sure who else was looking at him.

Edited by Newtopia

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, TheDarkKnight said:

Painting him as a bad player, because he failed to single-handedely keep a dreadful Norwich team in the EPL (when he had literally zero seasonal experience), is insane.

That would be insane. Trouble is, people aren't doing that. They're painting him as a bad player because he was utter dog**** last season. We were objectively far more likely to get points without him in the team. There is a reason for that.

He'll flop at Brighton.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Will Talkshïte have a 4 hour long discussion about how stupid Chelsea are for selling him and how incredibly lucky Brighton are that the Future Ballon d'or winner is gracing their pitch. 

Surely they'll be calling for TT to be sacked now because of this obvious lack of managerial know how and the inability to see world class talent right in front of you. 

I mean the lad had a decent half against England ffs. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Of all the clubs he could move to, he is probably most suited to Brighton. It's a good move for him play style and coach style. Time will tell if he makes it or not. Yes, he was shambolic for us, and the media massively over-hyped his one good performance for Chelsea and Scotland, but he was far from being the only shambolic player for us last year.

Strengths: Stamina, Always offers/Doesn't hide

Weaknesses: Physically weak, poor positioning, no creativity, poor shooting, loses duels both aerially and on ground 

He really only looks like being able to offer a metronome type role, which may work for him at Brighton. His positioning can be coached better and physically he can get stronger. Ultimately however, I suspect he ends up as a bench player and eventually sold down the leagues. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Also, assuming they keep Caceido, he'll be fighting with him, Mwepu, Gross and Alzate, all a million times better than Gilmour. Plus they've got Moder coming back in the New Year and assuming his recovery goes well, that's another CM Gilmour is barely fit to lace the boots of, never mind displace in the pecking order.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Bovril said:

Weaknesses: Physically weak, poor positioning, no creativity, poor shooting, loses duels both aerially and on ground 

 

"Other than that, how was the play, Mrs. Lincoln?"

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, NorthCarolinaYellow said:

I have nothing against Brighton, really, but I'll admit I'm getting a real kick out of reading their excitement over signing Billy! Poor bastards have no idea what they're in for!

 

https://www.northstandchat.com/showthread.php?395977-Billy-Gilmour&s=8045cffbc225438621fe4ad52c633ad2

The annoying thing about reading through that is there's still comments saying the general thoughts are that he wasn't used properly in a poor team, not that he just wasn't very good, he wasn't used right 🥴🥴🥴😒

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Monty13 said:

I read an analysis that showed his underlying stats were nowhere near as bad as people were making out. Ok he’s no Chelsea first teamer but Brighton aren’t mugs and they had a whole season of him with us to judge.

Stats are stats but watching him actually play and being bounce off the ball, for someone of that ‘quality’ but I’m very interested in watching him this season to see if it was actually us haha 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just now, NorthCarolinaYellow said:

Brighton fans talking themselves into turning Gilmour into a £30M+ player in a few years ... !!!

 

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

30 quid maybe. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, canarydan23 said:

That would be insane. Trouble is, people aren't doing that. They're painting him as a bad player because he was utter dog**** last season. We were objectively far more likely to get points without him in the team. There is a reason for that.

He'll flop at Brighton.

Statistics show that he played against the big teams, and when he did miss matches, it was against the smaller teams. So yeah, Norwich probably wonn more when Gilmour didn't play, but stats can be nuanced.

I disagree. 🙂

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Let's not discount us just being incredibly **** while he was here, Because there was a squad full of evidence to support that theory.

He's clearly a talent, but was so far removed from what we needed - we've basically killed his Chelsea career, someone like Potter will know how to utilise him.  And it won't be leaving him isolated in the defensive mid position I can guarantee that.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, TheDarkKnight said:

Statistics show that he played against the big teams, and when he did miss matches, it was against the smaller teams. So yeah, Norwich probably wonn more when Gilmour didn't play, but stats can be nuanced.

I disagree. 🙂

 

You are Tzol machines alter ego and I claim my £5 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, NorthCarolinaYellow said:

Nunez did more in his first 45 minutes than Billy F*cking Gilmour did all of last season. Gilmour is terrible. Brighton have wasted their damn money.

In the 2nd Tier of English football.

Let's pretend that the EPL is the same standard as the Championship.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, GodlyOtsemobor said:

You are Tzol machines alter ego and I claim my £5 

What is Tzol?

Scotland fan, here, mate.

Don't want to hear the truth. Don't read my posts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, TheDarkKnight said:

In the 2nd Tier of English football.

Let's pretend that the EPL is the same standard as the Championship.

Let's pretend wee Billy wouldn't get bullied off the ball in the EFL even more than he already was in EPL aswell then. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Google Bot said:

Let's not discount us just being incredibly **** while he was here, Because there was a squad full of evidence to support that theory.

He's clearly a talent, but was so far removed from what we needed - we've basically killed his Chelsea career, someone like Potter will know how to utilise him.  And it won't be leaving him isolated in the defensive mid position I can guarantee that.

i think he will be a good signing and a snip at 10 million 

he has Talent and he is a good player 

If the players around him are PL quality i am sure he will play well 

we were wrong place and wrong players last season 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, TheDarkKnight said:

What is Tzol?

Scotland fan, here, mate.

Don't want to hear the truth. Don't read my posts.

Very very debatable there fella. 

Truth is he's pants and if he wasn't Scottish you wouldn't be tonguing his fart box the way you are. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Google Bot said:

Let's not discount us just being incredibly **** while he was here, Because there was a squad full of evidence to support that theory.

He's clearly a talent, but was so far removed from what we needed - we've basically killed his Chelsea career, someone like Potter will know how to utilise him.  And it won't be leaving him isolated in the defensive mid position I can guarantee that.

Class players show class even when they're in a pile of ****. Could you imagine Hoolahan, Maddison or Emi failing to show any quality across the entire season in that squad? Absolutely not. Even Pukki managed double figures in that squad which shows how good he is. Gilmour has little more than a few "good" international performances against fairly average opposition to show for his supposed quality.  I'm yet to see any. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, GodlyOtsemobor said:

Let's pretend wee Billy wouldn't get bullied off the ball in the EFL even more than he already was in EPL aswell then. 

With all due, he was playing alongside Kenny McLean more times than not.

I've been watching McLean since his St Mirrren days and I'm still not sure what his best position is. Certainly not in midfield. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, GodlyOtsemobor said:

Very very debatable there fella. 

Truth is he's pants and if he wasn't Scottish you wouldn't be tonguing his fart box the way you are. 

Is he the complete article? Far from it.

I just hope he kicks on.

For what it's worth, I've been championing Norwich fans for hos they treated him. It'll put hair on his chest.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...