Sign in to follow this  
shefcanary

Robert Rosario & memories of Norwich

Bryan Gunn just shared this on Twitter. I was wondering where Rosey was nowadays having been reading of that period he played for us in the archives. He's looking well, shame he can't join the gathering mentioned in his video.

I remember some great moments with him in the team (that goal against Soton), but have to admit I was never fully convinced by him. But he had a good career with us.

What do others think?

Looks like there will be some old favourites playing in that game.

Edited by Pyro Pete

18 minutes ago, shefcanary said:

Bryan Gunn just shared this on Twitter. I was wondering where Rosey was nowadays having been reading of that period he played for us in the archives. He's looking well, shame he can't join the gathering mentioned in his video.

I remember some great moments with him in the team (that goal against Soton), but have to admit I was never fully convinced by him. But he had a good career with us.

What do others think?

He’s a handsome chap for his years. Never a prolific goalscorer but neat and tidy and held the ball up well. 

Always reminded me of a model lol 🙂  Good height and always had fond memories with with and Malcolm Allen playing together - didn't realise he was at the club for as long as that though!  83-91 is quite some time.

Sure he started putting bronzer on himself late 80s though... Like I say, first thought is model!  ...Certainly not goals, although he banged a long range in completely out of the blue.

Edited by Google Bot

well all i can say he has a massive fanbase in Glasgow Rangers Fans !! 

My Family from Glasgow massive Rangers fans and season ticket holders were down in Norfolk for a visit 

They came to the game yes that game where Rosario scored the wonder goal against Southampton 

First time they had seen Rosario play

They left that Game thinking they had found the best striker in the WORLD 🤣

Seem to remember we played it into feet a lot when he was on the pitch (despite his height) and in the air when he wasn't (Fleck and Allen). Memory might be playing tricks though. 

Never prolific, but I think he was under appreciated by fans, but players like Robert Fleck benefited from his hard work,physicality and headers.

Had a hefty shot, other than that goal v Southampton I recall him thundering a volley against the post v Man Utd, think it was on TV ( possibly a 2-0 win when Fleck Scored)

I still can't believe he was with us in '83.  Did he feature in any of the '85 cup run and final?  That seems like a completely different era to me, vs what we had in the late 80s which is what I associate him & Fleck/Allen etc..

He is well remembered as a player but my most vivid memory is the day I saw his bum. It was v unexpected. Cannot remember the date, Stamford Bridge. I was late getting into the ground as I was enjoying a local pub which I’d been tipped off about by a Chelsea fan. I think the time was about 2.55,  I saw a coach going by and a man’s behind in the window, Rosario (!) it was our coach arriving late, players were changing in the coach. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, corbs said:

He is well remembered as a player but my most vivid memory is the day I saw his bum. It was v unexpected. Cannot remember the date, Stamford Bridge. I was late getting into the ground as I was enjoying a local pub which I’d been tipped off about by a Chelsea fan. I think the time was about 2.55,  I saw a coach going by and a man’s behind in the window, Rosario (!) it was our coach arriving late, players were changing in the coach. 

Yes, it's discussed in the archives that due to traffic, the team literally strolled off the bus and on to the pitch ready for the kick off. And they still won I believe!

one of my favourite players at this time...

a bit like movie star look like this days and decent partner of Robert Fleck in attack,

Remember fa cup away at Exeter on bad field also used protection on his hand many of games 1989 season .

Good memories without doubt.

I saw one of his first senior games when he was only 17. Against Arsenal I think around 1986 - played alongside Biggins and Drinkell - I think we drew that game ? Had decent skills for a tall lad but didn't use his height to advantage. Partnered with Fleck in the season we finished 4th. Was upset we sold him to Nottm Forest. 

12 hours ago, shefcanary said:

Yes, it's discussed in the archives that due to traffic, the team literally strolled off the bus and on to the pitch ready for the kick off. And they still won I believe!

Was that the game where we were 2-0 down early on before Beasant threw two in? 

3 hours ago, Six Pack said:

I saw one of his first senior games when he was only 17. Against Arsenal I think around 1986 - played alongside Biggins and Drinkell - I think we drew that game ? Had decent skills for a tall lad but didn't use his height to advantage. Partnered with Fleck in the season we finished 4th. Was upset we sold him to Nottm Forest. 

We sold him to Coventry, where he partnered Kevin Drinkell for a couple of seasons. Were we their feeder club. 😀

34 minutes ago, Robert N. LiM said:

Was that the game where we were 2-0 down early on before Beasant threw two in? 

The result was 3-2 so yeah, could have been.

22 minutes ago, shefcanary said:

The result was 3-2 so yeah, could have been.

He was at Coventry when that match was played. It could have been seven years earlier in 85 in a 2.1 win. 

• Thanks 2

That's strange. Here's DJ Taylor writing about that 1992 game in 'My Favourite Year'. So either Norwich always get stuck in traffic on their way to Stamford Bridge, or @corbs is remembering someone else's bum...

IMG_20220902_115238_435.jpg

• Like 1

Wow thanks for sharing, Rosy's still looking good which is great to see, have him and Andrew Ridgeley ever been seen in the same room though?

Remember watching him score that worldy against Southampton, I think it finished 4-4. Really liked him as a footballer, pleased he looks well and speaks passionately about Ken Brown.

On 02/09/2022 at 19:14, shefcanary said:

We sold him to Coventry, where he partnered Kevin Drinkell for a couple of seasons. Were we their feeder club. 😀

Cheers shefcanary that sounds right !

• Thanks 1