Sign in to follow this  
Captain Holt

*** Official Deadline Day Thread ***

1 hour ago, canarybubbles said:

Sad, isn't it? The club with probably the greatest midfield pairing I have seen in my life - Xavi and Iniesta - are now a basket case.

Tbh, I think Barca and Real have always been a bit of a circus.

Recommend the Figo documentary on Netflix, very good.

8 hours ago, If wed kept Howie.. said:

what makes you think we on't see Hayden until then? Last update was he was already back to running already - I expected to see him in a few weeks, hopefully before the end of September..

Have you heard something else?

He’s back running.. but hasn’t kicked a football yet. So it’ll be a while before the knee is really tested.. no chance he’ll make an appearance in September. Possibly October, but from the bench only. Ready to start.. I can’t see it this side of the World Cup, and that’s assuming no issues with rehab and reintroduction. 

21 minutes ago, Inch High aka Inchy.. said:

Christ, can't even make a joke without you butting in and trying to find some way to put me down. What a sad, sad life you live😂

Edited by cambridgeshire canary

8 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Christ, can't even make a joke without you butting in and trying to find some way to put me down. What a sad, sad life you live😂

Bites tongue.......😉 Again. 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Creedence Clearwater Couto said:

He’s back running.. but hasn’t kicked a football yet. So it’ll be a while before the knee is really tested.. no chance he’ll make an appearance in September. Possibly October, but from the bench only. Ready to start.. I can’t see it this side of the World Cup, and that’s assuming no issues with rehab and reintroduction. 

I'd be careful with that judgement. I'm pretty sure that Smith has said that they always expected Hayden to miss around the first 5-7 weeks of the season. I believe we are around 4-5 weeks into that predicted period. So by the sounds of it, he is currently on course to be back in that time frame.

He might not start straight away. That is before the end of September though. So I guess we'll have to see. 

3 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Your tounge has to be looking like swiss cheese by this point

😝 😝 😝!

😊 😊 😊 

A weird window where even Port Vale are signing Serie A players!

Vale sign Serie A striker...

Port Vale have made two season-long loan signings - strikers Dennis Politic from Italian Serie A side Cremonese and Dan Butterworth from Blackburn Rovers.

Both players are 22.

1 minute ago, chicken said:

I'd be careful with that judgement. I'm pretty sure that Smith has said that they always expected Hayden to miss around the first 5-7 weeks of the season. I believe we are around 4-5 weeks into that predicted period. So by the sounds of it, he is currently on course to be back in that time frame.

He might not start straight away. That is before the end of September though. So I guess we'll have to see. 

If he’s only started light running there’s no way he’s back in 2 weeks. 

3 minutes ago, shefcanary said:

Port Vale have made two season-long loan signings - strikers Dennis Politic from Italian Serie A side Cremonese and Dan Butterworth from Blackburn Rovers.

Both players are 22.

No clue what hes like as a player but I really want Butterworth to do well simply based upon his fantastic surname

2 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

No clue what hes like as a player but I really want Butterworth to do well simply based upon his fantastic surname

Is he Ian's son?

3 minutes ago, Creedence Clearwater Couto said:

If he’s only started light running there’s no way he’s back in 2 weeks. 

Have they said "light running"? I've looked through a couple of articles and pressers and it says he is "back on the grass and running", no mention of "light running". That was from the 29th in the build up to Tuesday's game. It's fair to say that it's likely that would have happened during the week before. 

We're at about four and a half weeks. He has two and a half to be back in full training which seems about right. Remember he's not recovering from the actual injury now, he needed his knee cleared out which is more about the swelling coming down etc and no further reactions. Fingers crossed we're there and on track.

The World Cup starts on the 20th November. I think that's something like 12 weeks from now. If he progresses as well as he is said to be at the moment, I can't see it taking 12 weeks. Yes, he needs minutes. But Sara was in a similar position, though the cup games were used to get him those minutes. I suspect U23's might be used to help him get minutes under the belt too.

• Like 1

I think it's about getting 'match sharpness now. Games are not about getting fit. That can be done anywhere. It will be about how the knee reacts to a crunching tackle or a sharp turns etc, He should be ready beginning of Oct after the 2 week break.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Grumpy said:

Where is that left back?

I wouldn't mind a three month punt on Danny Rose

Not if Watford don't want him. Must be a reason they're getting rid.

Someone pop down the Asda car park, only 25 minutes left.

1 minute ago, Yellow Green Army said:

No thanks regarding Danny Rose. Rather go with what we have.!

What Kenny?

1 hour ago, Google Bot said:

Sky sports news is so bland nowadays, finding it a really hard watch.  Wish I watched United match now.

Wasn't much better. 

Well the Danny Rose thing made my Watford friend laugh. His reply was he hopes we do sign him as it would help all the other teams in the league. He also said Kenny is probably a better left back now than Rose. 

52 minutes ago, shefcanary said:

Both players are 22.

Weren't we after Politic a few years back when he was at Bolton?

• Like 1

The best summer transfer window since the Buendia-Pukki-Krul incomings of 2018, and may prove to be even more consequential. No-one gone we didn't want to see gone and the significant business done early, with the arrival of a potential starting-eleven midfield spine of Hayden, Sara and Nunez. Plus a no-option-to-buy loan deal that gives Tzolis a chance to prove himself for us for next season.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1