Sign in to follow this  
Captain Holt

*** Official Deadline Day Thread ***

6 minutes ago, Top corner said:

Sky Sports News are saying that Danny Rose has left Watford & is now a free agent. Would he be OK for us as a stop gap left back? 

Well he's certainly big enough to fill many gaps all at once. (Unless he's got himself fit since the last time I saw him). 

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, king canary said:

We hold all the leverage with Aarons. The lack of time means we can demand a higher fee, the fact it all seems to be happening today means there isn't much time for Aarons to try and force his way out. Also, as far as I'm aware, there has been no indication that we need the money short term. So unless some crazy money comes in and we've got a replacement we can move on quickly (please nobody suggest Brandon Williams) there is no sense in moving him on. 

We may have a agreement with Max bids of of a certain amount will be accepted 

i imagine with all the interest in him before and now webber would have spoke to him and he knows what the club wants for him and webber knows if max wants to go ,

i think that is why Max is always relaxed about clubs coming in i think he understands the clubs point of view and they understand his 

Ipswich look as though they might be about to sign our ex U23 player Gassan Ahadme from Burton. He never made a first team appearance for us, but he looked a decent player on the few occasions I saw him play for our U23s.

i think we should make a cheeky bid for Jamel lewis 

Newcastle might want him of the wage bill and can afford to take a hit in transfer fees 

2 minutes ago, norfolkngood said:

i think we should make a cheeky bid for Jamel lewis 

Newcastle might want him of the wage bill and can afford to take a hit in transfer fees 

Howe said yesterday that he's main backup for Matt Targett and isn't going anywhere.

14 minutes ago, Thirsty Lizard said:

Ipswich look as though they might be about to sign our ex U23 player Gassan Ahadme from Burton. He never made a first team appearance for us, but he looked a decent player on the few occasions I saw him play for our U23s.

literally signing our u23 rejects whilst we pluck the best youngster they've produced since Keiron Dyer hahaha

• Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, Top corner said:

Sky Sports News are saying that Danny Rose has left Watford & is now a free agent. Would he be OK for us as a stop gap left back? 

I'd rather put The Mary Rose at LB, just as mobile

• Haha 3

Really think we need another CDM.

I honestly don’t think we’ll see Hayden for September or October, possibly until after the World Cup. Sara doesn’t look to be be a disciplined CDM to me.. we can’t rely on McLean to be this player in games against the likes of Sheff Utd, Watford, etc. 

Signing Hayden is starting to look like bad business in hindsight. 

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, Dean Coneys boots said:

Rashica situation stinks of no buyers and the club not really knowing what to do. He is costly but has produced absolutely nothing. Might yet come good I guess..?? 

re Max - it would by typical Norwich for us to sell him and then fail to get in a decent replacement so buy a winger instead. We can’t go a season without an obvious gap surely? 

Usually we seem to love to have a huge DCM or CB shaped gap, so a RB gap would be a nice change for us all to moan about 

39 minutes ago, Top corner said:

Be a great signing if his wage was reasonable

20 minutes ago, Creedence Clearwater Couto said:

I honestly don’t think we’ll see Hayden for September or October, possibly until after the World Cup. Sara doesn’t look to be be a disciplined CDM to me.. we can’t rely on McLean to be this player in games against the likes of Sheff Utd, Watford, etc. 

I'd add another right sided attacker into that too. 

1 hour ago, norfolkngood said:

IF we accept a bid for Aarons you would hope a RB is already in line 

i would hope we have some sort of fee agreed with another club for a RB  e.g if Aarons goes we will give you xyz for your player 

We will just put McLean there 

14 minutes ago, NeymarSmith said:

Be a great signing if his wage was reasonable

Danny Rose would not be a great signing whatsoever. Even if he was paying us I wouldn’t sign him. 

24 minutes ago, Creedence Clearwater Couto said:

what makes you think we on't see Hayden until then? Last update was he was already back to running already - I expected to see him in a few weeks, hopefully before the end of September..

Have you heard something else?

1 hour ago, shefcanary said:

The City View video from Brum infers his mind is in a good place at the moment. There were seconds of footage of him actually smiling, and his celebration of Argos' goal was that of a man who has bought in 100% the project! Nah, don't think he is going anywhere.

I thought the same with that celebration of the winning goal, really passionate 

2 minutes ago, If wed kept Howie.. said:

what makes you think we on't see Hayden until then? Last update was he was already back to running already - I expected to see him in a few weeks, hopefully before the end of September..

Have you heard something else?

As far as I can see he last played a game in in December 2021, so even is he's fit enough to train and maybe play by the end of September I wouldn't expect him to be up to speed for another few weeks.

I miss the old days on Sky when they'd hang out outside grounds with a collection of said clubs ugliest fans in the background, Stoke was always a favourite.... 

FB_IMG_1662019984489.jpg

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, Top corner said:

For us he would be great, can’t see him wanting a short term deal

Mitchell Dijks going on a free to Vitesse, surely we should have been all over that. Was quality when he was here. 

Another one who looks likely to leave is Callum Styles who can play LB and CM. Recently relegated with Barnsley.

3 hours ago, Dean Coneys boots said:

Rashica situation stinks of no buyers and the club not really knowing what to do. He is costly but has produced absolutely nothing. Might yet come good I guess..?? 

re Max - it would by typical Norwich for us to sell him and then fail to get in a decent replacement so buy a winger instead. We can’t go a season without an obvious gap surely? 

Typical of your attitude to NCFC, more like.

1 hour ago, keelansgrandad said:

If Hayden doesn't meet our fitness criteria, can we send him back or is he with us regardless?

I would think there is some clause regarding fitness. Much as there is with any long term injury. Anyone any idea if we have any U23 (fullbacks) looking to step up ?

Forgot to ask this earlier, we do have someone watching Colney, the Club Car Park (wonky car parking styles), the ASDA petrol station and the Plane App for flights in and out of Norwich Airport, don't we? Very poor deadline day if not. 😉 🙂 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, shefcanary said:

Forgot to ask this earlier, we do have someone watching Colney, the Club Car Park (wonky car parking styles), the ASDA petrol station and the Plane App for flights in and out of Norwich Airport, don't we? Very poor deadline day if not. 😉 🙂 

@Cambridge Canary has it all under control 🤣🤣

• Haha 1

I'm surprised no-one has yet mentioned a certain Italian striker we've had our eye on for the last 10 years...🤔😍🤣

Apples 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, shefcanary said:

we do have someone watching Colney, the Club Car Park (wonky car parking styles), the ASDA petrol station and the Plane App for flights in and out of Norwich Airport, don't we? Very poor deadline day if not.

I'm putting roadblocks up on the A140 as we speak, sir!

Just for clarification, We can't give "the evils" to those coming from outside the county until after 11pm, right?  I hear the Diss border can get pretty crazy at times so nicked the Bear Grylls junior survival pack from my son.

• Thanks 1