Sign in to follow this  
TheBaldOne66

Aarons to Villarreal?

Considering a bid for Max according to SSN, also saying MG may make a permanent offer for him!

Can’t say he doesn’t deserve a move but if it happens I hope we have a replacement lined up

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, lincsy88 said:

Surely with how thin we are at full back we can't let him go on deadline day unless its stupid money. 

Or we could a replacement lined up, even if it’s a loan

Do premier league teams have to announce their 25 man squad tonight ? Could be a few spare players about, particularly at Forest 😁

2 years left on his contract so I suppose, assuming he doesn't sign a new one anytime soon, it's our last chance to get a 'big' fee for him, but equally the timing feels horribly wrong for us.

I assume the loan bids we've had for Aaron's are just an attempt to run down his contract while he is still our player, then get him on the cheap with a year left on his contract?

Is it because we're poor little Norwich and they're hoping the player will force the move to a so called larger club?

The reported structure of the BMG move was interesting in that Farke presumably has some idea as to what we as a club would have considered as a valid offer in the relatively recent past.

1 hour ago, RugbyCanary said:

Aarons to MG toffolo on loan back here?? 

How would that work? Toffolo has just signed for Forest and he's a left back.

Edited by daisy
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, daisy said:

How would that work? Toffolo has just signed for Forest and he's a left back.

Got my left and right mixed. 😂 Don't trust me while I'm driving........😜

41 minutes ago, pete said:

No more loans from EPL/EFL allowed

Even though you didn't answer my question last time you said this, the answer is obvious... In the football league you are allowed a.maximum of 5 loan players in a matchday squad, there is no limit to the actual number of loans you are allowed to have though. The premier League is different. If that changed over the summer then people have kept very quiet about it and they still haven't updated the EFL rule book as 55.4.1 continues to peddle this.

Edited by cornish sam

Depends on whether he has a release clause. However, I cannot see that figure being met as he seems to have 'come off the boil' a bit lately. Still one of our best, but I cannot see any club getting caught out as they did with Lewis and the Murphys.

33 minutes ago, RugbyCanary said:

Got my left and right mixed. 😂 Don't trust me while I'm driving........😜

Not saying it's a goer but Byram is a right back.

5 minutes ago, Yellow Wal said:

Not saying it's a goer but Byram is a right back.

Just not as good as Max. 

3 minutes ago, Daz Sparks said:

Or as resistant to injury.

Yes. Byrams time on the pitch seems a bonus, rather than something expected. However, Max does have a tendency to go wandering or drifting into the middle, leaving the wing unguarded.

Edited by PockthorpePete

I'm sure we did have a replacement targeted if Max were to leave, but that doesn't mean we could suddnely get it all done in a few hours. For all we know it could be another lad from South America and I doubt we'd get it all sorted before the deadline.

41 minutes ago, duke63 said:

Just not as good as Max. 

The point being made was that Tofolo was a left back. I was pointing out our current left back is really a right back.

I will be mightily pissed off if we sell Max at this point, replacement incoming or not.

Webber currently considering a bid from BMG?  Farke needs to keep his snout out.

15:51:02
Sean Galea-Pace

According to a reporter from Sky Sports in Germany, Borussia Monchengladbach's move for Max Aarons will not happen at this stage.

Edited by PockthorpePete