Sign in to follow this  
PockthorpePete

Villa

Buendia left us to find fame and fortune at Villa Smith was sacked so as to bring success to Villa. Villa now 19th. Not quite working out, is it Emi ?

26 minutes ago, PockthorpePete said:

Buendia left us to find fame and fortune at Villa Smith was sacked so as to bring success to Villa. Villa now 19th. Not quite working out, is it Emi ?

I mean, he's got more money and a 2nd season in the Prem...Β 

• Like 1

Gerrard has made some odd decisions the Coutinho signing seems to muddle who the main creative player was, selling taggart and signing Digne I’m no fan of him but the Mings captain stuff is also weird.

The real problem is the club owners see them as one of the big six in waiting hence the departure of Smith who had added a healthy dose of realism to a club which had been a basket case since Lambert went there.

Β 

• Like 2

Gerrard will be gone by the World Cup at the latest, and even worse for him he's probably blown all chances of getting the Liverpool job.Β 

44 minutes ago, PockthorpePete said:

Are we really into getting stuck into Emi? He did us a favour by staying on an extra season.

Many Villans saying he's better than Coutinho, soΒ don't think Emi will be crying himself to sleep.Β  As a player you do what you can, it would be far worse if they were in this position AND he wasn't getting minutes.

It's going spectacularly wrong for Gerrard. Seems to have been found out as a manager in England, but better we find that out now than wait until he became England manager.

I'm sure he thought Villa would be a stepping stone for him either to get theΒ Liverpool job or something just as big. He needs a win and quickly.

So is it the players are ****e or the manager? Smith couldn’t get them going last season, but it’s Gerrard now! You have to give him time to build his team and get rid of that squad which isn’t a premiership team! At least three or four transfers! πŸ˜‰ Sound familiar! πŸ˜‚

As a provocation would Emi haveΒ been as keen to leave us hadΒ Deano been in charge? I'm not so sure, he had 'previous' with Farke.Β 

• Confused 1

10 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

As a provocation would Emi haveΒ been as keen to leave us hadΒ Deano been in charge? I'm not so sure, he had 'previous' with Farke.Β 

I should think Emi can think of 80,000 reasons every week why he would have moved to Villa whoever was in charge here.

• Like 2

Good luck to Emi, he stayed for one more year & helped us get promoted, then was offered an incredible wage increase by a different club. He still enjoys Norfolk, because he regularly goes to the golf club where my niece works. Good luck to the fellaΒ 

• Like 5

Good luck to Emi and as someone else said I'm sure the 80k helps even when they do lose every week.

On to Villa, they are terrible. Even under Smith they couldn't get a result without Grealish and it seems that is still the case. I think there is a real chance they go down this year.

I still find it odd Villa has struggled to get the best out of Emi. He was already in good form so should have done well but instead they signed Coutinho and limited his playing time. 4 goals and 6 assists in his first season given that isn’t terrible I guess