Sign in to follow this  
pete

Sam Byram

Not seen a stream of posts specifically on the subject of Sam Byram but think he deserves a mention.  Just seen the highlights and the lowlight on you tube and Sam was involved at the top end of the pitch making chances.  Once heavily challenged in their box but came out of it without any ill effects.  At least we have got through last two games without injury to LB, and no goals from down left hand side.  A fit Sam Byram a classy player when fit is going to be an important player for us.

Just hope he is over his injury nightmare.  Play it again Sam.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Robert N. LiM said:

possibly controversial but I would consider resting him on Saturday. Need him 100% for Burnley.

Drop Kenny back, and a start in midfield for Sara? 

10 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

We'll fill the left-back slot with the left-back/utility defender we're signing tomorrow.😎

2 minutes ago, PurpleCanary said:

We'll fill the left-back slot with the left-back/utility defender we're signing tomorrow.😎

The previously mentioned "Asif"

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

Exactly. When they make me coach, you can be my no2. Bring your own mug.

• Haha 2

I thought Byram did well. Was surprised by his attacking skills, didn't really think he was the wing back type of player.

11 minutes ago, Robert N. LiM said:

Exactly. When they make me coach, you can be my no2. Bring your own mug.

must confess that's not the first time ive been called a no2 - that was also on this forum! 

• Haha 1

48 minutes ago, Satriales said:

I thought Byram did well. Was surprised by his attacking skills, didn't really think he was the wing back type of player.

Might be dreaming this but I think he used to play right wing for Leeds. Scored 9 goals in 130 games.

He is a very good all round footballer.

43 minutes ago, Ulfotto said:

A fully fit Bryam is the best left back and right back at the club.

Totally agree with this. Real shame with the injuries or I think he would’ve been first name on team sheets for years…..do wonder what 5hey might’ve meant for Max though

13 minutes ago, rock bus said:

Totally agree with this. Real shame with the injuries or I think he would’ve been first name on team sheets for years…..do wonder what 5hey might’ve meant for Max though

It was because of his injuries that we got him at all. £750k ish wasn't it? He'd have cost at least 20 times that if he'd never been injured. So far , despite missing big chunks, that 750 k looks like money very well spent.

• Like 2

If he wasn't injury prone, he'd still be at West Ham.

The lad is a very good footballer, all-round touch and composure. He's very assured and reliable (when fit), much more so than Giann or Mcallum who are very similar in that they can attack but suspect when defending. 

1 minute ago, Bovril said:

If he wasn't injury prone, he'd still be at West Ham.

The lad is a very good footballer, all-round touch and composure. He's very assured and reliable (when fit), much more so than Giann or Mcallum who are very similar in that they can attack but suspect when defending. 

Agree ,quality player. Keep ALAP.

I thought he was excellent at Birmingham although he understandably seemed to tire a little before he got taken off. He always looks calm and assured.