Sign in to follow this  
Baldyboy

are families REALLy scared to go to carrow road?

i ask this in view of what mr skipper says. i have 3 lads who go with me and they certainly aren''t scared to go, in fact they feel just as bad as me and a lot of other people do about the dross weve seen this season, their windows and doors are even covered with worthy out stickers!

One of the possible reasons I can think of (I''m probably very slow) is that he said this family scared thing to put some of the people who intend to protest off. Judging by the reaction on many of the message boards no one seems to give a toss and the protest is going a head with many famillies involved in it. It''s just another PR stunt and it''s failed like so many times this season.

I''m in my twenties and scared to go to Carrow Road. Have you seen some of the people in the Barclay, scary stuff straight out of Deliverance

I, my wife and our 2 boys, now aged 11 and 13 have been season ticket holders for last 3 years and will continue, I think.There has never in my experience been a problem for families going to Carrow Road and I still feel the same. We sit near the snake pit and all enjoy the atmosphere, sorry , used to enjoy the atmosphere.There is a risk that if too many people protest on the road behind the City stand, whichis quite a confined area, that the atmosphere would become intimidating for families, but that has not been the case so far.   

No, families are not scared; as a man who takes young families members to the games, I can truly say that I''ve been more terrified during shopping trips to Tesco! It''s just a truly pathetic ploy by Skipper to avoid demonstrations.

I know very little about him, but he gives the impression of being a real numptey, judging by his reason comments. 

Yet more inane spin from the Smith & Jones junta as their grasp of reality ebbs away by the second. 

I fail to see how a group of people vocally expressing their views at the clubs inexcusable plight constitutes some heinous act of treason in the corridors of power at Carrow Road?

For those of you who are familiar with the Simpson’s, Skipper seems to me to be doing a mighty impressive impersonation of Maud Flanders with his current KTF line, “Won’t somebody think of the Children”

The trouble is with this lot is that they seem to see themselves at the helm of their very own little fiefdom, a world  where us dirty peasant types should bow and scrape to their every word whilst not forgetting to politely tug the forelock if you cross their path.

“Thank you Mr Skipper for letting me watch your football team, you’re a very generous man for letting me in to watch you team Mr Skipper, regards to the family Mr Skipper”

“Clear off peasant this is my football club not yours”

Mind you, given the agricultural backbone of Norfolk it’s not exactly surprising as I’m sure more than one of our board has the odd surf kicking around at home.  Picture the scene as the clock hits 5pm of a Saturday afternoon; they get frogmarched up to their master’s telephone to make a call to the Radio Norfolk phone in!

“That was definitely offside Neil, it sounded like it on the radio”

“So what did you think of today five nil home defeat then Algernon”

“I think Nigel Worthington and the team were very unlucky today,  we had them outclassed until they scored five lucky goals and its just a  shame the other 20,000 supporters don’t keep the faith like I do”

Alas Mr Skipper I’m not one of them and if you’d like I’d happily present you with a gold plated shovel which you can employ gainfully in digging yourself into an even deeper hole.

“Dig Skipper, dig”

Well I''ve taken my kids and they are both under 10 and aren''t scared. I must say that Chelsea on a normal day is more scary than Carrow Road at its scariest, and that''s as scary as something which is really scary. Old man Skipper must be very scared a lot of the time if he thinks Carrow Road is a scary place- maybe he does Bingo for his adrenalin rush and regards Antiques Roadshow as cutting edge TV? And taking your tartan shopping trolley out into the City on a cold Tuesday in March? That''s truly scary.