TeemuVanBasten

Josh Bowler, right winger

If we could miraculously con Farke or some other German team out of £5M for Rashica then I'd love to see us doing the sensible and rational thing and poach a domestic player on the way up like we used to, this lad is classy.

Do we think that shifting Rashica would see us sign a proper right winger or are we going to pretend that Sinani is good enough? 

I can't make my mind up on this Bowler lad until Cambridge has passed off his Wiki entry as his own first 🤷

If we can get £5m got Rashica, I'd prefer to see that money invested in another defender, personally. We should have enough in attacking areas as it is, but we only really have Hanley, Omobamidele and Gibson as frontline centre backs, because I'm not sure if Tomkinson is ready for a Championship promotion challenge. 

So yeah, another centre back and then a left back on loan would be where I try to spend any spare cash.

6 minutes ago, Duncan Edwards said:

If we can get £5m for Rashica someone should call the police. 

Did anybody call the police when we got £1m for Marley Watkins?

2 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

I did but much like Championship defences they had given up trying to find poor Marley a long, long time ago

• Like 1

7 hours ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

You know Watkins is always one of those players I forget even exists or that he played for us at all. Nevermind that he apparently made almost 30 appearances for us. Must have been the season we drew 0-0 twice to Burton Albion.. Think I blocked most of that season out of my mind for a reason

Edited by cambridgeshire canary

Josh bowler would be a good signing, can't see blackpool holding out for mega money so 5-6m would be a solid signing for him! I suppose you can argue do we need him but if Todd walks end of year we would need someone to replace him, so bowler sounds great.

Anyone seen any L1 player they think would be worth a punt?

Just watching a bit of Blackpool v Blackburn and shocked to find out Bowler is only 23- I don't know if its the beard but he looks about 33.

Would be a nice signing but we just don't have the room for him, especially with Rashica still here.

Nottingham Forest have literally been re-born and signed a whole new club's worth of players. 

Edit: He's actually off to Olympiakos on a season-long loan. The owner of Forest is the same as Olympiakos. Another case of Waford/Udinese, where owners use the wealth of one club to purchase players for the other, depending on each club's current circumstance. Initial fee is £2m, rising to £4m total. 

Edited by Bovril

7 minutes ago, GodlyOtsemobor said:

Jesus Christ, how many more can they actually sign, it's like they're playing fifa!! 

ITFC signed 19 last summer. That went well. 11th.

To be fair to Forest they lost something like 15 players in the summer so needed a massive incoming of players. A lot of their Championship squad were loan signings. 

1 hour ago, Ken Hairy said:

To be fair to Forest they lost something like 15 players in the summer so needed a massive incoming of players. A lot of their Championship squad were loan signings. 

Basically a repeat of Villa's strategy from a few seasons ago.

5 hours ago, Bovril said:

Nottingham Forest have literally been re-born and signed a whole new club's worth of players. 

Edit: He's actually off to Olympiakos on a season-long loan. The owner of Forest is the same as Olympiakos. Another case of Waford/Udinese, where owners use the wealth of one club to purchase players for the other, depending on each club's current circumstance. Initial fee is £2m, rising to £4m total. 

They also have a Championship ready player to come back and make an instant impact if they go down or easily sell if not.

Doesn't quite beat Watford paying themselves £16m for Hassane Kamara though.