Sign in to follow this  
WD40

Rashica getting the Leitner treatment?

Love the boldness of Smith to keep Rashica out of the squad, especially when we get results and double especially when the player that takes his place bags the last minute winner. 

There was a thread on here about Smith not falling out with players like Farke used to do. Is Rashica getting the Leitner treatment?

If he is, then Smith is doing a good job of pretending otherwise in public. Very positive comments here:

"He is a little bit low on confidence at the moment, as players can be. He has got the one assist for Max (Aarons) goal against Wigan but he signed as a big money signing in the Premier League and he wants to be playing at the highest level.

"Being in the Championship, he probably expects a little bit more of himself. He is working hard at that. There is no question about his desire and his attitude. He wants to be a top player and we're helping him with that"

https://www.pinkun.com/sport/norwich-city/canaries-ncfc-dean-smith-milot-rashica-interview-9242116

unlike leitner, i don't think there has been a specific falling out. i think his lack of effort and general apathy has put him in this position

but having said that it does seem the punishment is the same yes

i would be surprised if he stays. and i just dont think he is good enough anyway

The problem with Leitner was that he was a good player but not as good as he thought he was.

• Like 4

Smith does not get a lot of credit but to me he seems quite good at managing players I would expect if there are offers for Rashica then he will be back on the bench in due course and given a 30 minute run out and a chance to stake a claim. But that will depend on effort and commitment being there in training.

11 hours ago, ricardo said:

The problem with Leitner was that he was a good player but not as good as he thought he was.

Kind of evidenced by the fact he now plays in front of 10k fans in the Swiss League.

I feel a bit sorry for him. He's a good player, & I saw some good moments when he first arrived, but unfortunately they came to nothing. His confidence is now shot. Probably best for him to try again somewhere else.

I had high hopes. A winger with pace. Same with Placheta. But they are not as good as what we had.

I just hope Deano can do something with all the players on the fringe. Todd is worth his place but can't get in for instance.

You only have to see Leitners career now to see why he was cast aside.

Seems more interested in holidays and meals with friends than football success. Nothing wrong with that life choice but it's not the dedication we needed.

I don't think Letiner thought he was too good for us, I just think he no longer had that drive or ambition to work more than he had to.

I think we may see a different rashica if he stays, after missing games, seeing sinani and Hernandez perform, hopefully he will come good.

Leitner is currently clubless after being released by FC Zurich after his short term contract there.  He now spends his time filling his Insta with reports of his daily workouts (in a vain attempt to find another club - do clubs really follow Insta posts?) and selling health food snacks. Whatever happened between him and Farke has truly screwed his career.

2 hours ago, ron obvious said:

I feel a bit sorry for him. He's a good player, & I saw some good moments when he first arrived, but unfortunately they came to nothing. His confidence is now shot. Probably best for him to try again somewhere else.

I'm just holding on to the thought that this post could have been written about Sargent a couple of weeks ago.