Sign in to follow this  
Dennis The Menace

Keep Worthy but....Where is our youth academy?

Although I say keep Worthy I do agree that our youth academy is pretty rubbish, where are all the youngsters coming through? There is no chance of them getting in the first team as there just seems none at all coming through....Why is this?.......Does anyone agree on this?We seem to have to beg borrow or steal from anywhere (and spend lots of money) so where are our youngsters? Are we not capable?Are you saying this is Worthys fault? Is that why you want him out?

we have some good young players coming through, however our idiot of a manager would rather waste money on crap journeymen than give youth a chance!

[quote user="baldyboy"]we have some good young players coming through, however our idiot of a manager would rather waste money on crap journeymen than give youth a chance![/quote] Yes I totally agree - our youth academy is showing signs of producing some good youngsters again but the manager is refusing to give them a fair chance. I''m not suggesting he throws them all into the staring line up but giving them a run from the bench would be sensible!! They couldn''t do worse than our current subs anyway!

I should imagine word has got around that Worthy doesn''t give youth much of a chance and therefore some talented youngsters are turning down Norwich for other teams where they are more likely to play!! Our geographical location doesn''t help the situatuation  either but there''s nothing we can do about that!!

In reply to the Academy being rubbish I assume this statement is made based on some factual evidence from Dennis the Menance, I assume he is a regular spectator home and away of both the reserves and youth team or is he another ill informed supporter jumping on an already overloaded bandwagon.

Base your comments on facts that you see. BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

I have sympathy with Worthy here too and with the youth system since the 90 minutes travel was introduced with have had to contend with Norfolk based players only and unfortunately it isn''t a footballing hotbed - in the past all are youth team products have come from across the country e.g. Bellamy (Wales) Eadie (Bristol) etc..

And I mean what youth team players are we talking about - Henderson, Shackell, JArvis (Who have both injured all year), Jarvis jnr and Spillane are only 16. And please please don''t bring up Danny Crow please please please

It''s based on the fact that we don''t have any youngsters coming through to join the first team, I have just noticed that there is another thread on here saying much the same thing. Do you think the academy is producing enough home grown youngsters then? Worthy wouldn''t need to have borrowed the cart horses (other people words) that he has if this wasn''t the case would he?

[quote user="Dennis The Menace"]Although I say keep Worthy I do agree that our youth academy is pretty rubbish, where are all the youngsters coming through? There is no chance of them getting in the first team as there just seems none at all coming through....Why is this?.......Does anyone agree on this?

We seem to have to beg borrow or steal from anywhere (and spend lots of money) so where are our youngsters? Are we not capable?

Are you saying this is Worthys fault? Is that why you want him out?
[/quote]

Dennis unless this is a wind up I suggest you may have got this the wrong way round and you mean keep the academy and get rid of Worthy as he is pretty rubbish.

Ryan and Rossi Jarvis, Shackell, Spillane, Cave-Brown, Henderson, Lewis, are all good products from the academy but it is not their fault they have a manager who has no faith in playing talented youngsters.  Do you not think it strange that with all the young players to choose from in this country, including those from the big premiership sides, some international managers have seen fit to select Ryan Jarvis, Henderson, Lewis and Spillane to represent their country albeit not at senior level.  I know Worthy doesn''t really care much about other peoples opinions, especially supporters, but is this a case of good enough for their country but not good enough for my team.

A word to the wise. This was found on the twtd site

Great Fun

Illinoisblue Posted on 2/3 2:58

chortle chortle :)

can''t believe so many of them fell for the ''dennis the menace'' post, hahahahahaha!

This was posted in response to a town fan bragging about how other town fans are posting on this forum to stir up things.

I would suggest that genuine City fans ignore this binner and be wary of others posting similar stuff.