Sign in to follow this  
The Great Mass Debater

Do we think Bournemouth will come for Dean Smith?

It’s a possibility. Can’t see many other candidates who would fit the role. I don’t think they’ll go down the Dyche route (cue the appointment of Sean Dyche!). 

"Life's a Beach" if Deano is approached by Bournemouth.....although I can't see it myself as they'd be reluctant to pay us compensation....It'll most likely be an 'in between jobs' manager.....

I’d swap Smith for Parker today! Parker was utterly unlucky to hit a wounded animal in Liverpool! 

• Like 1

Surely there's nothing desirable about Dean Smith to a Premier league club after last season.

• Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, Indy said:

I’d swap Smith for Parker today! Parker was utterly unlucky to hit a wounded animal in Liverpool! 

Nah. Things are starting to click a bit more for Smith and us. 

Parker hasn't really been in the managerial game that long. 

If it had been us getting hammered by Liverpool, many would be on here calling for whoever was in charge of us at the time's head. 

It's a no from me, Clive. 

• Like 1

Do Bournemouth have any stipulations about consumption of beverages only in specified/approved vessels...could be a deal breaker? 🤔

Apples

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Indy said:

Wouldn't even consider it.

Smith has kept a side in the Prem and then finished 11th. It was deemed he was under achieving but Gerrard has a significantly worse record with an even higher spend.

2 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Imagine going three matches unbeaten and you want your manager out.

Sad. Very sad.

People can’t take to Dean Smith and there’s many reasons.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Sad. Very sad.

Shocking, who would have thought football fans would have such differing opinions, can you imagine if we did appoint Parker, the Cadogen alone ruled him out for one fan last week.

We are all after ditching our current coach who is making us more adaptable, won 3 on the trot and has made the unpopular decision to replacing our beloved Pukki upfront with some fans previous least favourite player ever - although that tag has now passed to Rashica/McLean* (* delete as appropriate for your preference) following 4 goals in 3 games.

Chuck on top the we hate / love Delia ownership discussion.

Do not even let the Dowell / Cantwell/ Sinani debates out of the bag.

Fickle I say.

Bournemouth will land Knutsen, and they'll finish top 8 - just to wind up pinkun posters.  It's a conspiracy ya see. 🙂

I see a fly in the wall documentary coming 'plucky little Bournemouth and there huge cheque book.'

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Sad. Very sad.

But .... 

He 

Drinks 

From 

Mug!!!!

A mug god-damn it!!!!!!

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, GodlyOtsemobor said:

But .... 

He 

Drinks 

From 

Mug!!!!

A mug god-damn it!!!!!!

He puts his hands in his pockets😔

Edited by cambridgeshire canary

I'd be surprised if Smith even features in the bookie odds, even as one of the 25/1 plus 'stick a name in' punts.

38 minutes ago, The Real Buh said:

People can’t take to Dean Smith and there’s many reasons.

Is one of them that he looks like that blue bird from the Muppets when he's thinking?

image.png.07cf77f19432a20f5a88f9b72e7498ab.png

image.png.a7c2241884f5e01906a5051d476fbca7.png

I've probably got some deep rooted issues here, but it does actually bother me a little.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

30 minutes ago, Newtopia said:

I see a fly in the wall documentary coming 'plucky little Bournemouth and their huge cheque book.'

But he was the obvious candidate for us when we sacked our promotion winning manager after his cards were marked early in the season following a 7-0 humbling by Chelsea. Out of all the managers we could have appointed, Smith was the outstanding candidate. It seems illogical then that Bournemouth would not ultimately come to the same conclusion. Go Smith or Go home. Smith or die Tryin'

Surely Bournemouth will be going all out to prise our prized asset from our grip?

Smith would be a bizarre candidate considering he proved nothing to suggest he can beat relegation in this kind of club at PL level, he barely did any different to Farke in reality. I'm not sure who Bournemouth will get it, nobody on the bookies odds would fill me with much excitement