chicken

****The Official Lapps Match Thread v Birmingham (L/a) *****

Great result in the end and great also to get into a habit of pinching games but we won that game despite a poor team selection not because of great tactics from the management team. Credit for the subs but how about we just get it right in the first place. 

• Confused 1

27 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

It's a tragically poor league that gets worse every season. That first half was abysmal from both teams.

We just need to do enough to win the games and then try and find £150m for next season 😉

Yes. being out of the PL is so awful. What's the betting we end up with another trophy. An open top bus parade. I wish we were Bournemouth. You could see by the faces, and the noise of our fans tonight how dreadful it all is.

3 minutes ago, Jim Smith said:

Great result in the end and great also to get into a habit of pinching games but we won that game despite a poor team selection not because of great tactics from the management team. Credit for the subs but how about we just get it right in the first place. 

If only it was that easy, eh?

2 minutes ago, Creedence Clearwater Couto said:

If only it was that easy, eh?

Well it can be. I’m not sure any of us would have started with that line up tonight because we all watched the game on Saturday and had a pretty good idea that midfield would not work. And it didnt. Both of Dowell and Sinani away from home ain’t the answer and he needs to get Pukki into the side.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jim Smith said:

Well it can be. I’m not sure any of us would have started with that line up tonight because we all watched the game on Saturday and had a pretty good idea that midfield would not work. And it didnt. Both of Dowell and Sinani away from home ain’t the answer and he needs to get Pukki into the side.

Perhaps finishing with your stronger side is sometimes a better tactic?

52 minutes ago, GodlyOtsemobor said:

Your fun at parties. 

My specialty you should see my Macarena 

PS You’re 

8 minutes ago, daly said:

My specialty you should see my Macarena 

PS You’re 

P.S. in England we say Speciality. Although don’t let correcting someone else stop you from doing the same and looking a bit silly 😂

That’s more irony for you to digest

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, SwearyCanary said:

P.S. in England we say Speciality. Although don’t let correcting someone else stop you from doing the same and looking a bit silly 😂

Born in Scotland spent most of my life in the USA so please excuse my ability to converse with your native language 

More for you to digest 

PS You seem to love irony, you’ll attract the usual wits

29 minutes ago, Van wink said:

Four League wins in a row, don’t really know how we have achieved that, but we have. 

The team that scores more than the other team will more than likely win the game - Michael Owen. 

Hope that helps 😉 🤣

23 minutes ago, SwearyCanary said:

No need for the P.S. as you hadn't written anything before it..... 😏 Of course if you were PSing Dalys PS, it should have been P.P.S😀

Edited by Ken Hairy

Just now, daly said:

Born in Scotland spent most of my life in the USA so please excuse my inability to converse with your native language 

More for you to digest 

PS You seem to love irony, you’ll attract the usual wits

Fixed it for you. 

So you are a non English emigrant that hates migration to the UK? Does your American-English dictionary have the word hypocrite in it? 

23 minutes ago, SwearyCanary said:

We also tend to use full stops. 

Just now, Ken Hairy said:

No need for the P.S. as you hadn't written anything before it..... 😏

I was P.S. ing the quote do my post script was following his text. 

Anyway you PS off 

Just now, SwearyCanary said:

I was P.S. ing the quote do my post script was following his text. 

Anyway you PS off 

Like I said, PPS then 😉

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, astro said:

We also tend to use full stops. 

Took me all of 15 seconds to find posts of yours that don’t contain full stops in the sentence. I think the lesson here is people in glass houses shouldn’t throw stones 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, SwearyCanary said:

Took me all of 15 seconds to find posts of yours that don’t contain full stops in the sentence. I think the lesson here is people in glass houses shouldn’t throw stones 😂

Yeah, throw rocks! It’s much more fun 😂

• Haha 1

Just now, astro said:

Yeah, throw rocks! It’s much more fun 😂

Don’t joke! You’ll give Daly ideas about how to tackle woke culture 

• Haha 1

Well now, this thread was interesting. A fair bit of positivity at the start. Then as time wore on and then we conceded a goal, the nay sayers thought they could smell their time was nigh again... only to have their moment snatched by Onel.

Some hung around to try and pick on scraps only for Sweary C to play wack-a-mole with them... 

Ahhh, midweek games under the startlingly dazzling floodlights...

Edited by chicken
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, SwearyCanary said:

Don’t joke! You’ll give Daly ideas about how to tackle woke culture 

Sweary you really bite

Probably about 60 odd years before you popped out

Herman’s Hermits

WOKE up this morning feelin' fine
There's something special on my mind
Last night I met a new girl in the neighborhood, oh yeah
Something tells me I'm into something good 

Have a good day

• Confused 1

11 hours ago, Ken Hairy said:

No need for the P.S. as you hadn't written anything before it..... 😏 Of course if you were PSing Dalys PS, it should have been P.P.S😀

P.S. Daly’s

12 hours ago, Jim Smith said:

"The art of football management" by Smith. J. 

A fine save by Ruddy from Nunez's free kick. Just unlucky it was inadvertently knocked back into the danger area than away or out for a corner.

13 hours ago, Jim Smith said:

Yeah i'd agree with this. Need to accommodate Pukki and also Cantwell in the starting line up. I still think Sinani is a bit part player as he just isnt reliable enough game to game. Its either all or nothing from him.

15 hours ago, TheGunnShow said:

Keep moving the ball around and don't panic. When they're trying to speed things up they're making a mess of it. Keep moving them around and spaces will become more prevalent later on. Just don't concede anything stupid.

Can see a late winner like Sunderland here.

OK, maybe not..... that...... late!

4 hours ago, TheGunnShow said:

OK, maybe not..... that...... late!

It ain’t over till the fat lady sings

Edited by daly

1 hour ago, daly said:

It ain’t over till the fat lady sings

She was warming up at that point, that's for sure.