chicken

****The Official Lapps Match Thread v Birmingham (L/a) *****

2 minutes ago, Van wink said:

Second …..what’s not to like 👍

Don’t you know…he drinks from a mug…A MUG

1 minute ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Add having a fit left back and Pukki finding some form.

Considering Pukki's performance against Sunderland and the assist tonight, I think it's fair to say he's pretty sharp at the minute. With Sinani being poor again tonight I suspect Sargent will be pushed to the right, although I'm not sure that will be a good thing necessarily.

3 minutes ago, ricardo said:

We find a way to make hard work of everything. Very frustrating.

This ^^^^

chuffed with 3 points but disappointed in the play . Some very poor passing over the 90 minutes. It was a real hard watch for me and my boys. 

if we can just click up one gear then we will make life sooo much easier for ourselves.

2 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Looks like he's doing a pretty good job of finding a way to win games at the minute.  

The crucial games? 

Imagine not starting Hernandez tonight. Imagine being that stupid

2 minutes ago, sonyc said:

And xG had it 1-2 too! 

Love it when it all comes together😂

It's almost like xG is a state the ****ing obvious stat like I keep saying 😉

1 minute ago, The Real Buh said:

The crucial games? 

Imagine if he had started and then didn’t have the energy to run them ragged for the last 30 when they were tired.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, AJ said:

How the hell are we now second in the league after those God awful first couple of games?! 😅

Game management 😉👍🍻

• Like 1

I am glad we managed to pull a result out of that Birmingham looked to easily be the worst team we’ve played so far. Looked like we dropped to their level for a majority of the game but extra quality in the squad showed through in the end. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, repman said:

Considering Pukki's performance against Sunderland and the assist tonight, I think it's fair to say he's pretty sharp at the minute. With Sinani being poor again tonight I suspect Sargent will be pushed to the right, although I'm not sure that will be a good thing necessarily.

nice no10 play from Pukki in the build-up to the winner. As I've said before, would love to see him just behind Sargent but not sure we have the players behind them to play two up front.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, The Real Buh said:

The crucial games? 

Imagine being so stupid that you couldn't see that the difference between the two teams is that we brought on two match winners who combined to score a winning goal when they brought on 4 x U23 players, the oldest of whom was 20.

Imagine being so stuck in the 90s that you don't understand how 5 subs radically changes the sport and that our deep squad is a huge advantage. 

Need to freshen it up for Saturday. Would have loved to see more than ten minutes for Sara tonight: not sure he goes from that to starting...

5 minutes ago, Ken Hairy said:

It's almost like xG is a state the ****ing obvious stat like I keep saying 😉

It was a joke Hairy😅

6 minutes ago, AJ said:

How the hell are we now second in the league after those God awful first couple of games?! 😅

Because the quality of most of the teams is poor and we have better quality. Any bog standard manager would get us in the top 6.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, AJ said:

It's a tragically poor league that gets worse every season. That first half was abysmal from both teams.

We just need to do enough to win the games and then try and find £150m for next season 😉

Just now, Capt. Pants said:

It's a tragically poor league that gets worse every season. That first half was abysmal from both teams.

We just need to do enough to win the games and then try and find £150m for next season 😉

*£250million and we'll still start Tim Krul in goal. I'm off to drown myself

1 minute ago, Robert N. LiM said:

nice no10 play from Pukki in the build-up to the winner. As I've said before, would love to see him just behind Sargent but not sure we have the players behind them to play two up front.

When Pukki played in the number 10 role behind Rhodes at the start of 18/19, he never really touched the ball anywhere near enough. He can link play excellently but being tasked to do that specifically is a different challenge. In the 4-3-3 we play now he has the option of either dropping or looking in behind, whereas in the 4-2-3-1 he was mainly used on the shoulder of the last man.

• Like 1

We do need to improve. I think (hope) that will come with Hayden, Sara and Gibbs all being fit, and Pukki finding the goal trail.

Not to put a dampener on things, or get the Smith out brigade going, but we’ve only got played one side currently in the top half. 

What we have is a solid base to move forward with. I’d still like a couple more in before the let transfer deadline. A pacey creative forward and another defensive midfielder would really help and show our intent. 

The midfield set up tonight probably doesn’t get away with it against Sheff Utd, Watford or Burnley, being honest. I hope Smith sees that.

Edited by Creedence Clearwater Couto
  • Like 3

6 minutes ago, ricardo said:

Because the quality of most of the teams is poor and we have better quality. Any bog standard manager would get us in the top 6.

It's lucky we've got one then 😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Creedence Clearwater Couto said:

The midfield set up tonight would probably not get away with it against Sheff Utd, Watford or Burnley. 

Thats a certainty.

3 minutes ago, Creedence Clearwater Couto said:

The midfield set up tonight probably doesn’t get away with it against Sheff Utd, Watford or Burnley, being honest. I hope Smith sees that.

I'm sure he does. We certainly have had a friendly start to the season (though I'd wager not many teams will win at Sunderland this year). But as you hint, we haven't yet put our first-choice midfield on the pitch.

22 minutes ago, Creedence Clearwater Couto said:

Top 4 look strong. 

There is an awful lot of dross in this league and the stupid winter world cup means games come thick and fast. Teams like us with the benefit of parachute payments and the depth that comes with that sort of budget will eventually overpower the likes of Blackburn or Reading. The key think for us is being one of the two best out of us, Burnley, Watford, Sheffield United and maybe West Brom.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Imagine being so stupid that you couldn't see that the difference between the two teams is that we brought on two match winners who combined to score a winning goal when they brought on 4 x U23 players, the oldest of whom was 20.

Imagine being so stuck in the 90s that you don't understand how 5 subs radically changes the sport and that our deep squad is a huge advantage. 

Genuinely amazing people take the opinions of a 12 year old with a Pepe the frog avatar seriously.

19 minutes ago, Creedence Clearwater Couto said:

We do need to improve. I think (hope) that will come with Hayden, Sara and Gibbs all being fit, and Pukki finding the goal trail.

Not to put a dampener on things, or get the Smith out brigade going, but we’ve only got played one side currently in the top half. 

What we have is a solid base to move forward with. I’d still like a couple more in before the let transfer deadline. A pacey creative forward and another defensive midfielder would really help and show our intent. 

I think it was probably seen as a chance to buy more time before throwing in Sara given we were playing a bottom side, but yes the middle looked very weak without Gibbs 

Edited by AJ
  • Like 1