Sign in to follow this  
dylanisabaddog

Scott Parker sacked

Horrendous choice of knitwear on a hot day though is a sackable offence.

I wonder if there has been an altercation about the lack of squad strengthening. 

And so it begins. Gerrard next.

Edited by Capt. Pants

4 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

Horrendous choice of knitwear on a hot day though is a sackable offence.

I wonder if there has been an altercation about the lack of squad strengthening. 

And so it begins. Gerrard next.

Reading between the lines of the statement it looks like they're not going to be buying anyone & Scott disagreed with the strategy.

Maxim Demin said: “I would like to place on record my gratitude to Scott and his team for their efforts during their time with us. Our promotion back to the Premier League last season under his tenure will always be remembered as one of the most successful seasons in our history.

“However, in order for us to keep progressing as a team and a Club as a whole, it is unconditional that we are aligned in our strategy to run the club sustainably. We must also show belief in and respect for one another. That is the approach that has brought this club so much success in recent history, and one that we will not veer from now. Our search for a new head coach will begin immediately.”

Gary O’Neil will take interim charge of the team, and will be assisted by Shaun Cooper and Tommy Elphick.

Absolute joke of a club they are. Parker lauded for getting them promoted then sacked after being hammered by one of the best teams in the world.....laughable

Sacked for speaking the truth. I'm not sure it would have gone down well on here had either DF or DS actually said we 'are under-equipped' to compete even if we knew and they knew and the players knew. Poor choice of words, but he's not wrong.

• Like 3

When I saw the Bourbemouth team line up on Saturday I thought it was poor. However if that is all he has to go with then what can he do. He was not being backed a la Forest and obviously expected more. Parker will move on to another job and do well again I suspect

4 minutes ago, A Load of Squit said:

Gary O’Neil will take interim charge of the team, and will be assisted by Shaun Cooper and Tommy Elphick.

image.png.42af5c2c53fe753ce8f17a77af9ea514.png

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Thumbbass said:

Sacked for speaking the truth. I'm not sure it would have gone down well on here had either DF or DS actually said we 'are under-equipped' to compete even if we knew and they knew and the players knew. Poor choice of words, but he's not wrong.

Kind of reminds me of near Farkes sacking when Farke said he and the team went into matches expecting to lose

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, A Load of Squit said:

Reading between the lines of the statement it looks like they're not going to be buying anyone & Scott disagreed with the strategy.

Maxim Demin said: “I would like to place on record my gratitude to Scott and his team for their efforts during their time with us. Our promotion back to the Premier League last season under his tenure will always be remembered as one of the most successful seasons in our history.

“However, in order for us to keep progressing as a team and a Club as a whole, it is unconditional that we are aligned in our strategy to run the club sustainably. We must also show belief in and respect for one another. That is the approach that has brought this club so much success in recent history, and one that we will not veer from now. Our search for a new head coach will begin immediately.”

Gary O’Neil will take interim charge of the team, and will be assisted by Shaun Cooper and Tommy Elphic

I was intrigued by the line:

We must also show belief in and respect for one another.

Maybe suggests there might have been an incident after the match where things were said in the heat of the moment you can't take back.

Many on here wanted this to happen after the Chelsea game (when it had been bad for a while). Im surprised it’s come this early though!

27 minutes ago, A Load of Squit said:

“However, in order for us to keep progressing as a team and a Club as a whole, it is unconditional that we are aligned in our strategy to run the club sustainably.

Parker wanted Bournemouth to spend loads and the owner didn't is the basic message.

42 minutes ago, dylanisabaddog said:

How could he possibly have done any better? 

Maybe they wouldnt have pulled the trigger if it was only 7 or 8?!  

Just now, Badger said:

Parker wanted Bournemouth to spend loads and the owner didn't is the basic message.

Imagine if theyd signed Todd for £11M! 

24 minutes ago, Badger said:

If that is true then the contrast with Forest (see adjoining thread...) could hardly be clearer.

Pretty similar to his departure from Fulham really. Parker struggling with the constraints of managing a team with limited financial fire power eventually saying too much, or with the wrong tone. An instructive lesson in the nature of the modern game.

I don't think Parker is a very good manager in all honesty so I don't think Bournemouth have made a huge error but it is another sad indictment of the financial issues in the Premier League.

I'm already seeing similar takes to what we had last season- they haven't tried to stay up, they just want to take the money and run etc etc. And this is a team owned by a very rich man who has previously bankrolled some fairly massive spending. All the while we're seeing journalists getting boners over Forest spending insane amounts. 

Just like we were a symptom not the cause last season, Bournemouth are the same. But rather than any reflection on how the massive financial imbalances are killing the game as a competition, it will all be about how Bournemouth should have spent well beyond their means to show they've 'tried.'

• Like 3

1 minute ago, BigFish said:

Pretty similar to his departure from Fulham really. Parker struggling with the constraints of managing a team with limited financial fire power eventually saying too much, or with the wrong tone. An instructive lesson in the nature of the modern game.

'Fulham' and 'limited financial fire power?' Not sure about that.

7 minutes ago, king canary said:

'Fulham' and 'limited financial fire power?' Not sure about that.

Well this window their net spend was £32m and their total spend was less than ours last season. The year that Parker managed them to relegation their spend was £21m. We wouldn't even get excited about that level of spending on the team.

1 minute ago, BigFish said:

Well this window their net spend was £32m and their total spend was less than ours last season. The year that Parker managed them to relegation their spend was £21m. We wouldn't even get excited about that level of spending on the team.

They aren't done yet though- also last season they accounted for about 30% of their entire divisions spending. They haven't repeated the £100m splurge the first time they went up but I'd imagine they are paying out some pretty big wages. 

It’s a sad indicator of the current state of football and I can see both sides - the club have a spending strategy they need to keep to in order to stay afloat (as per us) - but the manager slowly gets tired of trying to motivate a squad who don’t have enough quality to compete, despite getting thrashed on a regular basis ( as per Farke).