Sign in to follow this  
Branston Pickle

Last minute transfers

With the Window closing on Thursday, do we think there will be much late activity at the club?  I’m not sure, but it feels likely there’ll be a few bits and bobs.  We have a pretty big squad, even with a number of injured players (Dimi, Sam, Sorensen, Rowe, Hayden) we didn’t even manage to include guys like Idah, Hugill and Rashica on the bench for Saturday, but we do also have gaps - we seem to have been looking for another winger (which you feel could see Rashica on his way though I’m not sure who’d want him); meanwhile I’d still like to see someone who can cover cb-lb, which feels our Achilles heel.   It’ll be interesting to keep an eye on - though as ever there don’t seem too many obvious links.

Max will go to Everton or Germany if we can find a replacement. It's getting a bit late now though. 

Apparently Manchester United will sign a goalkeeper from Newcastle so Krul probably staying put

Edited by dylanisabaddog

I think we may get a LB in on loan, ideally one that can play CB as well.

If clubs were seriously interested in Max or Milot then they would have gone by now? 

Surely someone will take Jordan Hogoals on loan? The chances of him playing are surely pretty slim now, and a Championship club that isn’t scoring will see him as a risk worth taking.

Very much doubt we'll see any incoming except a LB if we can make that happen. Though as others have explained, it won't be easy. "Come and be back up to Sam Byram for a couple of months."

A loan or two out. Surely it's too late for us to sell Max or Milot?

1 hour ago, Robert N. LiM said:

Very much doubt we'll see any incoming except a LB if we can make that happen. Though as others have explained, it won't be easy. "Come and be back up to Sam Byram for a couple of months."

A loan or two out. Surely it's too late for us to sell Max or Milot?

It should be possible to find a utility player who can fill in at left-back and also central defence or central midfield. With Sorensen and Gibbs out for a while, and Hayden still not ready, and with Sara only perhaps now ready, and even so more a box to box player, and with McLean deputising at left-back, we are struggling for defensive midfielders as well.

I expect the squad as it is to be the squad until January. Maybe a couple of departures but I don't know who would bid for Hugill, Rashica etc 

57 minutes ago, PurpleCanary said:

It should be possible to find a utility player who can fill in at left-back and also central defence or central midfield. With Sorensen and Gibbs out for a while, and Hayden still not ready, and with Sara only perhaps now ready, and even so more a box to box player, and with McLean deputising at left-back, we are struggling for defensive midfielders as well.

we certainly need such a player, but as the current main story on the Pink'Un explains, it's going to be tricky to get someone to come in for such a short period while we wait for injured players to return. Short-term loans seem to be a thing of the past, for some reason. 

https://www.pinkun.com/sport/norwich-city/canaries-ncfc-dean-smith-left-back-transfer-search-9239618

Edited by Robert N. LiM
added link

13 minutes ago, Robert N. LiM said:

we certainly need such a player, but as the current main story on the Pink'Un explains, it's going to be tricky to get someone to come in for such a short period while we wait for injured players to return. Short-term loans seem to be a thing of the past, for some reason. 

https://www.pinkun.com/sport/norwich-city/canaries-ncfc-dean-smith-left-back-transfer-search-9239618

Robert, I understand that difficulty, but I would have thought we could at least arrange a loan deal until January, or at a pinch even some out of contract player, and such I think can be acquired outside the window.

As a guide at what business we can do under the EFL named squad rules, here is the current situation based on what we currently know.

image.thumb.png.ee92193499b5c2275551a15295e596cd.png

We still have 3 named squad places available to fill. Of course this could increase further if we do loan out Hugill and sell Rashica. I have no idea where we are against the salary budget. Not impacting on the EFL named squad there are also a few U21's who are potentially looking at a loan out as well. All this shows there is plenty of scope for lots of action before close of the window (especially over the LB berth), if the will and the cash is there, to keep our interest on deadline day. 🙂 

Jamel Lewis on loan with a 3 million buy if we go up clause would be good 😉 

Newcastle can afford to take a hit on him as he is not playing 

It is Nottingham Forest, there is no Notts Forest it is County, this drives Forest bonkers.  And we cannot sign anotherr loan and especially from Newcastle already have Hayden on loan, and Ramsey makes two.  How teams in the past managed to sign multiple loans e.g. Fulham in past and Forest last year.

3 minutes ago, pete said:

It is Nottingham Forest, there is no Notts Forest it is County, this drives Forest bonkers.  And we cannot sign anotherr loan and especially from Newcastle already have Hayden on loan, and Ramsey makes two.  How teams in the past managed to sign multiple loans e.g. Fulham in past and Forest last year.

Does it drive them as mad as people who spell Forest Forrest?  Because I keep seeing it again and again.

8 minutes ago, pete said:

Yoiu do know that in the Football League you can have up to 5 loan players in the match day squad don't you?

6 minutes ago, ncfcstar said:

Does it drive them as mad as people who spell Forest Forrest?  Because I keep seeing it again and again.

Ones from abroad dont count too

I suspect Hugill will go, probably to Cardiff.

Josh Martin too, or just released.

Burden possibly out on loan.

But in regards to ins, I was expecting a LB but not sure now, would like some defensive cover for both full backs and possibly for CB/CDM, would be great if we could find someone to cover all of those

6 hours ago, Cantiaci Canary said:

Zero ins and JH to Cardiff on loan is what I'm expecting to see ... sadly.

Exactly what I'm expecting 

2 hours ago, glory.win or die. said:

I suspect Hugill will go, probably to Cardiff.

Josh Martin too, or just released.

Burden possibly out on loan.

But in regards to ins, I was expecting a LB but not sure now, would like some defensive cover for both full backs and possibly for CB/CDM, would be great if we could find someone to cover all of those

I'm imagining this is predictive text at work - otherwise rather harsh on young Dan. 😉 

5 hours ago, shefcanary said:

As a guide at what business we can do under the EFL named squad rules, here is the current situation based on what we currently know.

image.thumb.png.ee92193499b5c2275551a15295e596cd.png

We still have 3 named squad places available to fill. Of course this could increase further if we do loan out Hugill and sell Rashica. I have no idea where we are against the salary budget. Not impacting on the EFL named squad there are also a few U21's who are potentially looking at a loan out as well. All this shows there is plenty of scope for lots of action before close of the window (especially over the LB berth), if the will and the cash is there, to keep our interest on deadline day. 🙂 

According to Google, Barden is actually 4 months younger than Mccallum. On 1st January, Barden was not yet 21, but Mccallum was. So  Sam would be part of the 25, not  Barden. That chart has them the other way around.

51 minutes ago, Thirsty Lizard said:

I'm imagining this is predictive text at work - otherwise rather harsh on young Dan. 😉 

Wish I could blame most of my comments on predictive text!

Yes, Barden has never been a burden 

7 minutes ago, makham said:

According to Google, Barden is actually 4 months younger than Mccallum. On 1st January, Barden was not yet 21, but Mccallum was. So  Sam would be part of the 25, not  Barden. That chart has them the other way around.

Thanks, I'll update tomorrow. This was based on info from FTW's analysis and on the NCFC web-site info (which is notoriously out of date). 

• Like 1

Webber has been very busy in the transfer side of things - there  a few signings ready to be announced  - left back-  surname is Home not sure his first name- second signing IS --feet  - sure his first name is toi left - Chinese signing. And  finally  third player called -Hardly there - prone to be the odd absents

23 minutes ago, shefcanary said:

Thanks, I'll update tomorrow. This was based on info from FTW's analysis and on the NCFC web-site info (which is notoriously out of date). 

Hadn't realised you had produced the chart yourself based on ftw's data. Great work by you both.