Sign in to follow this  
CANARYKING

PinkUn.com

Their website really is crap, took me half an hour to read the presser post. Crashed three times, froze four times and jumped up and down, is it just me ?

1 minute ago, CANARYKING said:

Their website really is crap, took me half an hour to read the presser post. Crashed three times, froze four times and jumped up and down, is it just me ?

Daft thing is, they want us to pay for it.

2 minutes ago, CANARYKING said:

No, it’s not just you  - it definitely isn’t the easiest of reads!

3 hours ago, keelansgrandad said:

Daft thing is, they want us to pay for it.

That's the app.

And they have to make money somehow or none of it exists. You only need to look at what is happening with Archant to realise that. 

2 minutes ago, chicken said:

That's the app.

And they have to make money somehow or none of it exists. You only need to look at what is happening with Archant to realise that. 

Same entitled people who want free steams - just because.................

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, chicken said:

That's the app.

I don't follow Archant so have no idea what you mean. What I do know it was free not so long ago. And now they want you to pay for less?

3 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

I get steam from my kettle mate.

Hardly free though with the price of energy these days KGD, or have you rigged the bike up to generate your power! 😉 

24 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

Hardly free though with the price of energy these days KGD, or have you rigged the bike up to generate your power! 😉 

Bleddy thing let me down yesterday. Cycled to Golf as MrsKG was preparing for the afternoon Family BBQ. Got halfway there and for some reason, no power. And electric bikes are heavy and cumbersome without the power. Battery was full. Less than a mile away but when I got there I had to have a rub down with the Sporting Life.

20 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

I don't follow Archant so have no idea what you mean. What I do know it was free not so long ago. And now they want you to pay for less?

The sales revenue has been declining for years, they need people to subscribe to the app to fund the journalism.  It is really tough market, I subscribe but don’t really read that much of it.  They have to balance quality with what people are used to, sadly athletic are producing a better product, but it is just Michael Bailey covering Norwich, hence limited material when he is away.  Archant are better organised, not sure the content is as interesting, but I am loyal and giving them my cash.

I sort of see streaming as a different issue, Sky and Bt, are superbly wealthy with huge annual profits.  The subscription offerings are tailored by those companies to take as much cash out of the customers pocket, without really giving the customer what they want.  Then when the tv rights are available overseas for a much lower price, and a greater range of games, I sort of think the broadcasters need to get their act together, especially in the modern digital age where with a VPN connection I am viewing foreign channels legally purchased from an IP address in that country.

The NBA used to sell a TV subscription ticket to watch every NBA game in a season for a few dollars a month, that way they know their fan base has access to all the games, and guess what the actually games still sell out.  The FA need to put fans first.

1 minute ago, keelansgrandad said:

MrsKG was preparing for the afternoon Family BBQ

BBQ's are blue work KGD! you know, the man cooks the meat that the woman (pink work) has purchased, defrosted, marinaded / prepared etc. She does the salads potatoes, dressings, deserts not forgetting she has done the invites etc previously.

Then at the end of the evening the man says in a satisfied way - I done the BBQ today!

Best not mention a dishwasher.................... 

Them's the rules my friend! 

4 minutes ago, Newtopia said:

The sales revenue has been declining for years, they need people to subscribe to the app to fund the journalism.  It is really tough market, I subscribe but don’t really read that much of it.  They have to balance quality with what people are used to, sadly athletic are producing a better product, but it is just Michael Bailey covering Norwich, hence limited material when he is away.  Archant are better organised, not sure the content is as interesting, but I am loyal and giving them my cash.

I sort of see streaming as a different issue, Sky and Bt, are superbly wealthy with huge annual profits.  The subscription offerings are tailored by those companies to take as much cash out of the customers pocket, without really giving the customer what they want.  Then when the tv rights are available overseas for a much lower price, and a greater range of games, I sort of think the broadcasters need to get their act together, especially in the modern digital age where with a VPN connection I am viewing foreign channels legally purchased from an IP address in that country.

The NBA used to sell a TV subscription ticket to watch every NBA game in a season for a few dollars a month, that way they know their fan base has access to all the games, and guess what the actually games still sell out.  The FA need to put fans first.

I have been advocating the US system for some time. Music and now Movies have realised the untapped potential of letting the viewer decide when and what they want to listen to or watch. Football, a universal product, lags way behind. I guess fear might be behind it but surely the US owners in the EFL know how good streaming can be.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

BBQ's are blue work KGD! you know, the man cooks the meat that the woman (pink work) has purchased, defrosted, marinaded / prepared etc. She does the salads potatoes, dressings, deserts not forgetting she has done the invites etc previously.

Then at the end of the evening the man says in a satisfied way - I done the BBQ today!

Great Grandchildren spent most of the afternoon in the hot tub. Now the water is a mixture of urine, Haribo and soft drink. And I can't refill it!!!

We had lots of meat left over and a family of flies decided to camp on it so we had to throw it all away. Now I have more than enough burger baps and hot dog rolls to feed the crowd at St Andrews tomorrow evening.

Hot tubs are exempt from the hose pipe ban my friend assuming that is why you cannot refill it? 

You paint such a lovely picture. 

ill look out for your baps online.............. 

5 hours ago, CANARYKING said:

Nope. Happens to me all the time. It’s because they plaster the articles with adverts to generate revenue. 

49 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

Sort of. 

In the past, sales of physical newspapers have been enough and like the EDP and Evening news, people would pay for a paper to get the latest articles which were then posted online the next day or so. Some exclusive stuff made it to the various websites but, at a guess, it was because there wasn't enough space to run it in a physical paper.

With the decline of all physical newspapers, online has grown and been as important a source of advertising - a very important part of newspapers finances.

So until recently I would suggest that the balance of the physical papers and online advertising via their websites has been enough to keep it free online.

We crested that wave some time ago and Archant, whoever they are owned by now, are actually well behind the curve in terms of subscription content.

Very little, if anything, is ever free.

40 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

You forgot to mention the new cooker that you bought her for Xmas at significant cost. And yet you're expected to go outside where there is no TV and set fire to some meat. It's very disappointing. 

• Haha 1

53 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

Hot tubs are exempt from the hose pipe ban my friend assuming that is why you cannot refill it? 

You paint such a lovely picture. 

ill look out for your baps online.............. 

Ooooh Matron

Yes, I have just checked and hot tubs are treated as baths.

Edited by keelansgrandad

7 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

Ooooh Matron

Yes, I have just checked and hot tubs are treated as baths.

Seems to vary region by region, but generally they are exempt. 

@FenwayFrankwill be upset if they aren't M&S buns... 

I love this forum.

You click on a thread for the first time and scroll to the end.

Then try and work out how a debate on PinkUn.com has ended up as a semantic argument about hot tubs.

• Haha 2

26 minutes ago, Pyro Pete said:

I love this forum.

You click on a thread for the first time and scroll to the end.

Then try and work out how a debate on PinkUn.com has ended up as a semantic argument about hot tubs.

Dont forget KGDs magnificent baps.... 

Off it goes again, the transfer deadline pages constantly crashes “ there are repeatedly problems with this page “ I’m only trying to get back to the start.