cambridgeshire canary

Liam Gibbs on crutches..

Looked really nasty watching on Sky.

Fortunately he’s probably at the age where his ligaments are still like rubber so probably not as bad as it could’ve been and will hopefully recover quick too. I couldn’t believe he even tried to play on after seeing the replay. I’m thinking 6-9 weeks. I have absolutely no evidence or life experience to back this opinion up.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Hank shoots Skyler said:

Looked really nasty watching on Sky.

Fortunately he’s probably at the age where his ligaments are still like rubber so probably not as bad as it could’ve been and will hopefully recover quick too. I couldn’t believe he even tried to play on after seeing the replay. I’m thinking 6-9 weeks. I have absolutely no evidence or life experience to back this opinion up.

You’re in the right place 

• Like 1
  • Haha 9

They do that as a precaution pretty much as a matter of course these days, it doesn’t necessarily mean anything serious or otherwise. I recall Max v Coventry a couple of seasons ago, looked v nasty but I’m not sure he even missed a game, so hopefully it’s one of those rather than another Dimi length of time out.

Has there been any update mention of Hayden? I thought he was going to be out until the end of the month. That’s this week….

Youth may be on his side but with the eyeball test I'd say he's another to add to the 'back after the world cup' crew. Very similar to Giannoulis and Gibson injuries.

Concerning as so far he's the only one to play the deeper, metronomic midfield spot with any effectiveness.

5 minutes ago, Mason 47 said:

Youth may be on his side but with the eyeball test I'd say he's another to add to the 'back after the world cup' crew. Very similar to Giannoulis and Gibson injuries.

Concerning as so far he's the only one to play the deeper, metronomic midfield spot with any effectiveness.

Hopefully Hayden is due back soon

Is there a clip of it anywhere? It was down the other end from us and we couldn't work out what had happened (we know now, but just haven't seen it). I've watched the highlights but haven't seen a replay.

41 minutes ago, A Load of Squit said:

Why are people surprised that players get injured in what is a faced pace contact sport?

It's the fact our players are out for months, same injury different team they maybe be out for weeks. 

2 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Christ, what is it with us and bad injurries?

But crutches and boots are precautionary measures. Why not wait for the actual diagnosis before hitting the panic button

Well the physios got him to walk off the pitch, which surprised me. Hopefully turns out not as bad as it initially looked.

58 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

Well the physios got him to walk off the pitch, which surprised me. Hopefully turns out not as bad as it initially looked.

Yes. That was quite noticeable. Gone are the days of the magic sponge and the bucket of water. If there was further damage that could be done then they would not have helped him just walk off. I suspect the number of injuries are down to playing on rock hard pitches, combined with the amount of stress put on by training and the high intensity the game is played at now.

2 hours ago, Worthy Nigelton said:

Rolling your ankle at 19 is not the same as rolling you ankle at 33. He won't be out long is my guess.

All depends on the damage you do, really. Generally body parts are more flexible at a younger age, but that doesn’t mean you still can’t do bad damage. My guess would be he’s out for at least a couple of months but I’d love to be wrong.

32 minutes ago, Graham Paddons Beard said:

It reminded me of Gibsons injury . Hopefully not so bad - but didn’t look good . 

And Kenny the season before

11 hours ago, All the Germans said:

Is there a clip of it anywhere? It was down the other end from us and we couldn't work out what had happened (we know now, but just haven't seen it). I've watched the highlights but haven't seen a replay.

If you're at all joint-squeamish you probably don't want to. The bar I was collectively winced.

I would have linked it, but the image seems to have even been taken off Twitter. Just imagine a foot facing the opposite direction to where you would normally expect it to.

10 hours ago, overthebordercanary said:

It's the fact our players are out for months, same injury different team they maybe be out for weeks. 

I'd call for a reshuffle of our medical department. Why does this seem to be a constant with us, season upon season? And yes, I know we purchase a number of crocked players every year, but even excluding those, it seems excessive. 

15 hours ago, PockthorpePete said:

Yes. That was quite noticeable. Gone are the days of the magic sponge and the bucket of water. If there was further damage that could be done then they would not have helped him just walk off. I suspect the number of injuries are down to playing on rock hard pitches, combined with the amount of stress put on by training and the high intensity the game is played at now.

There is a protocol called SALTAPS which all physios use when they assess a game time injury. SALTAPS stands for See, Ask, Look, Touch, Active Pressure, Passive Pressure, Strength.

The physio will have followed this protocol when allowing Liam to get up and continue playing. Liam will have been able to push against the physio (Passive Pressure) and stand up on the ankle (Strength).

Undoubtedly, the player was pumped up with adrenelin which will have made a difference, but happily he's extremely unlikely to have done additional damage by carrying on briefly as it was a hyper-extension injury.

19 hours ago, overthebordercanary said:

Yeah, someone needs sacking for this!!😏😏😏

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, mrD66M said:

I'd call for a reshuffle of our medical department. Why does this seem to be a constant with us, season upon season? And yes, I know we purchase a number of crocked players every year, but even excluding those, it seems excessive. 

Of course. It's the medical teams fault that young Gibbs rolled his ankle. Blame society eh ?

• Haha 1