Sign in to follow this  
PockthorpePete

Cunning plan

Might Smith be using the foot soldiers early on to weather the storm, then bring on the quality to put them to the sword. Sunderland looked pretty much like they had shot their bolt by the time the three amigos came on. As long as we can hold out and to wear them out, we are fine. It maybe also be the best against B'Ham as last time they did nothing but wrestle our players to the floor. Will constrain them a bit if some are on a yellow card when we bring on the maestros.

• Like 1

I watched the game and felt like it was a boxing match, Sunderland were going for the knockout didn't happen , but then they tired badly and we took advantage 😄

Ramsey lived up to the promise, and both Cantwell and Pukki are not only well skilled at this level but will chase and harry. Especially when that is for 30/20 mins or so.  You've thrown everything at us to no avail then we bring on those three.

5 minutes ago, Canary dwarf said:

I watched the game and felt like it was a boxing match, Sunderland were going for the knockout didn't happen , but then they tired badly and we took advantage 😄

A bit like at Waterloo.

5 minutes ago, PockthorpePete said:

Ramsey lived up to the promise, and both Cantwell and Pukki are not only well skilled at this level but will chase and harry. Especially when that is for 30/20 mins or so.  You've thrown everything at us to no avail then we bring on those three.

Wonderful ball from Ramsey , kdb quality assist 😁

I'm not a history expert but I'll take your word for it 😙

Understandably.. there’s no future in history 😁😁😁

3 minutes ago, Canary dwarf said:

I'm not a history expert but I'll take your word for it 😙

Then you may not be aware that the battle is named after the station the British soldiers left from (obviously before Eurostar).

3 minutes ago, PockthorpePete said:

Then you may not be aware that the battle is named after the station the British soldiers left from (obviously before Eurostar).

It was so amazing abba wrote a song about it😄

It was so amazing abba wrote a song about it😄

Yes, there's not many stations that feature in popular music. Apart from Waterloo Sunset by The Kinks, that is.

1 minute ago, PockthorpePete said:

Yes, there's not many stations that feature in popular music. Apart from Waterloo Sunset by The Kinks, that is.

I'm sure there is , but after a couple it's hard to recall

1 hour ago, Canary dwarf said:

Classic rope a dope you might say 😉

4 hours ago, Canary dwarf said:

I'm sure there is , but after a couple it's hard to recall

Goodbye Picadilly, farewell Leicester square.  

Yeah Tubestations I know but it's 4 am and I'm off to dangle an angle. 🎣🎣🎣😇👌

If it’s a plan, it’s a pretty optimistic one, Sunderland had several efforts that could gone an inch to the left or right and scored.

P.S. Does “Down In The Tube Station at Midnight” count? 

Edited by Nuff Said

9 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

The one thing that Smith has that Farke always seemed to lack.. a plan B

Yeah it was always my one criticism of farke , it was farkeball and nothing else, but let's be honest we was lucky yesterday !

11 hours ago, PockthorpePete said:

A bit like at Waterloo.

?

Sunderland didn't have a third of their squad wandering aimlessly outside in a failed attempt to stop the Prussian army attacking on the right wing. Also Napoleon used his reserves too late to influence the result - a tactic repeated by Farke.

However the analogy may have some value, as our defending at times did resemble the reports of the fight for the Hougoumont.

1 hour ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

The one thing that Smith has that Farke always seemed to lack.. a plan B

Perhaps Farke was an inherent optimist and Smith is a realist from tactical and player point of view.🤷‍♂️