Sign in to follow this  
cambridgeshire canary

So are Bournemouth a disgrace to the Premier League?

The 'relationship' some Norwich fans have with the national media is so pointless and cringey. They spout biased, uneducated **** for the sake of clicks and we bite non stop. 

Edited by KeiranShikari
  • Like 3

I'm actually a little optimistic in light of Bournemouth getting trashed. Despite what the legions of plastic weeb top 4 fans constantly say, the problem isn't the smaller teams but that an increasing amount of the PL is so roided up. 'Promotion is earned by finishing position but promotion is finishing position + how obscene is your spending power.

The more teams that get promoted and subsequently pasted, hopefully more people will notice the real problem.

(But also, serves Bournemouth right for their trophy-level celebrations earlier in the week so nyahh)

• Like 1

At least 1p5swich still jointly hold the record. 

I would bet someone concedes 10 this season. Haaland  is a beast. 

To be fair to Bournemouth, they have lost to Arsenal, Man City and Liverpool, who could well be this seasons top 3. They did win their opening game against Villa.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Commonsense said:

To be fair to Bournemouth, they have lost to Arsenal, Man City and Liverpool, who could well be this seasons top 3. They did win their opening game against Villa.

As the first team to concede 9 I still say Ipswichs record is theirs alone.  Fools

Edited by The Raptor
Jar jar again

The media knew they could get away with saying what they did about us because we had enough dim, vocal fans on social media who would agree with them 

• Like 2

I’ve just texted a similar sentiment to a friend. I turned up in Bow to watch the Millwall game and was assaulted by the Landlord- oh “Delia has taken the money “ hasn’t she et etc. I’m used to the Guy but it did rankle slightly. He could only be spouting this because of our lazy national media. 

Scott Parker's f****** jumpers are definitely a disgrace to the EPL.

He won't be troubled by gas prices and energy costs either (shelling out £900+ for one).

Edited by sonyc
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

Some of our supporters should get a chip for the other shoulder and provide a bit of balance.

Or get a chip on both shoulders and pretend they're balanced...

😉

22 minutes ago, sonyc said:

Scott Parker's f****** jumpers are definitely a disgrace to the EPL.

He won't be troubled by gas prices and energy costs either (shelling out £900+ for one).

Green is not your colour sonyc. If I had more money than sense I’d be wearing £1000+ Hawaiian party shirts all day long if I could get away with it. And maybe some leather trousers.

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Danke bitte said:

Green is not your colour sonyc. If I had more money than sense I’d be wearing £1000+ Hawaiian party shirts all day long if I could get away with it. And maybe some leather trousers.

Hahaha ...I really enjoyed your post😅 thanks...given me an extra laugh.

Must confess I used to like his tie pins though🫢

Edited by sonyc

MOTD glossed over Bournemouth's defending. Some great strikes, but shocking defending by Bournemouth, but all they talk about is how good Liverpool were..

1 hour ago, duke63 said:

At least 1p5swich still jointly hold the record. 

I would bet someone concedes 10 this season. Haaland  is a beast. 

I really enjoyed seeing him play with Borussia Dortmund against Mainz when I visited my nephew in Düsseldorf; "Erling!".... "HAALAND!!!" call and response through the whole game. Great fun. 

The national media is lazy and only interested in the top 10 prem teams, so I've no idea why anybody from any other team would care much what they have to say about them. 

Should have been 12 with Salah's missed chances. The gulf in class in that league between the top few and the rest is a joke, the super league can't come quickly enough. If we go up this year that could easily be us, when a team of that quality plays like that there will be nothing we can do about it. 

Edited by Christoph Stiepermann

4 minutes ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

I really enjoyed seeing him play with Borussia Dortmund against Mainz when I visited my nephew in Düsseldorf; "Erling!".... "HAALAND!!!" call and response through the whole game. Great fun. 

The national media is lazy and only interested in the top 10 prem teams, so I've no idea why anybody from any other team would care much what they have to say about them. 

A little bit gutting that he was born in england and spent the first 3 yrs of his life here, that we didnt get to him first ..

When Kane is getting past his peak in the next few yrs and England are looking around for the next player to fill his shoes, it should have been him as I don't see anyone else on the horizon..

We got rubbished after putting two absolutely pathetic premier league campaigns in a row. We deserved the majority of what we got, I really don’t understand why fans need to get so precious over it? We spent the entire season last year thoroughly miserable what exactly did the national media have to get behind?

I could barely even work out what I was supposed to be cheering half of the time. Winning a throw in? Stringing more than 5 passes together? A blocked shot? We even pretended to score a goal at Crystal Palace FFS the gallows humour cannot get any worse than that!

When we were competitive under Farke at the start of 19/20, we won plenty of plaudits despite being 20th. Yes the run in to that season left an incredibly sour taste in the mouth but we were a very well liked side up to then. So it’s not some national conspiracy that everyone hates us, not some weird agenda because apparently some sections of our fanbase agree (what on earth are you chatting @hogesar?), it’s simply a reflection of how poor we became and how poor we continued to be in the second season. We had totally unravelled as a footballing side, lost all of our previously-appreciated identity, couldn’t score for toffee, and broke records for being **** for nearly a season and a half of premier league footy.

Bournemouth have lost 9-0, embarrassing yes, but so did Southampton (twice) without being relegated. Early days for them to call anything but they certainly still have some way to go before they trump our recent ‘efforts’ for premier league safety… Although it would be nice to see someone else struggle as badly as we have. The media will go for them too if they end up like we did, I am sure of that.

• Like 5

Losing 9-0 to a club like Liverpool is hardly a disgrace especially when you consider how far removed the PL is from reality. 

Man City, Liverpool et al may as well be the Hurricanes. The PL is fast becoming a cartoon of what 1930’s artists envisioned football to become. 

16 minutes ago, Hank shoots Skyler said:

We got rubbished after putting two absolutely pathetic premier league campaigns in a row. We deserved the majority of what we got, I really don’t understand why fans need to get so precious over it? We spent the entire season last year thoroughly miserable what exactly did the national media have to get behind?

I could barely even work out what I was supposed to be cheering half of the time. Winning a throw in? Stringing more than 5 passes together? A blocked shot? We even pretended to score a goal at Crystal Palace FFS the gallows humour cannot get any worse than that!

When we were competitive under Farke at the start of 19/20, we won plenty of plaudits despite being 20th. Yes the run in to that season left an incredibly sour taste in the mouth but we were a very well liked side up to then. So it’s not some national conspiracy that everyone hates us, not some weird agenda because apparently some sections of our fanbase agree (what on earth are you chatting @hogesar?), it’s simply a reflection of how poor we became and how poor we continued to be in the second season. We had totally unravelled as a footballing side, lost all of our previously-appreciated identity, couldn’t score for toffee, and broke records for being **** for nearly a season and a half of premier league footy.

Bournemouth have lost 9-0, embarrassing yes, but so did Southampton (twice) without being relegated. Early days for them to call anything but they certainly still have some way to go before they trump our recent ‘efforts’ for premier league safety… Although it would be nice to see someone else struggle as badly as we have. The media will go for them too if they end up like we did, I am sure of that.

It simply gets on my nerves because this club tries incredibly hard to grow organically and sustainably against all of the odds, only to come a cropper and be scorned by supporters of clubs who are toys of billionaires and corporations and the lazy journalists condemning us for our failure while kissing the backsides of that small elite, ignoring the fundamental iniquity of the whole structure of modern English football. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

It simply gets on my nerves because this club tries incredibly hard to grow organically and sustainably against all of the odds, only to come a cropper and be scorned by supporters of clubs who are toys of billionaires and corporations and the lazy journalists condemning us for our failure while kissing the backsides of that small elite, ignoring the fundamental iniquity of the whole structure of modern English football. 

I get that. But we absolutely should’ve been more competitive than we were even accounting for the huge financial challenge it was for us.

We spent the first 2/3s of the Farke season having spent f-all making a good go it and winning appreciation from the neutrals. If we’d stayed like that lots of the media would’ve continued to be positive.

We then had another go, and actually spent a good chunk of money, but couldn’t muster together a vaguely competitive side. The model is a restriction, of course it is, but not to the extent we saw on the pitch. That was on us.

Case in point being Brentford, under a similar model and level of spend, how on earth did they leap frog us so easily in the space of 4 months given we’d gotten about 12 points more than them the prior season?

We can moan all we want about the chasm between the top and the bottom of the prem, and I agree there is one and it’s getting worse, but ultimately that cannot be our undoing when we did not even do enough to compete with the clubs in our sphere. That is what earned our criticism and that is why I don’t feel particular insulted by it either.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1