Sign in to follow this  
TeemuVanBasten

Is Pukki going to get back into this team?

Still looks a class operator at this level and second time he's come on and made a difference.

But just how on earth is he going to shift Sargent? 

I just can't see it happening, Sargent has 'arrived'.

Does Pukki just have to accept that he's a squad player now, do we go 2 up top, or does he end up playing in a different position on the pitch?

This XI is clearly going to evolve as the season progresses, with Hayden, Sara, possibly Cantwell coming into it, and left backs coming back from injury etc. 

But can anybody actually see Sargent losing his place now that he's reached this level? The geezer is a machine.

I don't think we have the midfield players now to suit Pukki now. Perfect example Nunez had a great chance to slip a through ball to Pukki in the 2nd half but instead chose to shoot himself.

He will be back in and Sargent out wide by the end of September is my prediction. He's still a better player than Sargent despite Sargent's form and that means eventually he'll oust him from the striker spot.

• Like 1

I'd play Pukki as a 10 in behind Sargent,  with the players switching positions during the match and drop Dowell. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

I was really pleased to see that Sargent scored from the centre-forward position while he was technically playing on the right. 

Obviously he looks much better playing up front, but if he is going to be pushed out right to accommodate Pukki's return, then he needs to get into those kind of positions when we attack down the left.

2 minutes ago, Ken Hairy said:

I'd play Pukki as a 10 in behind Sargent,  with the players switching positions during the match and drop Dowell. 

I like this a lot as an idea, but I'm not sure how we then set up the team behind them... 

We looked so much better when Pukki came on and Sargent went out right. Sargent isn't effective when we try and build down the right, but put him in the box like today and he can be a threat.

3 minutes ago, Worthy Nigelton said:

He will be back in and Sargent out wide by the end of September is my prediction. He's still a better player than Sargent despite Sargent's form and that means eventually he'll oust him from the striker spot.

Agree with this. Thought Pukki looked a class apart when he came in today.

5 minutes ago, Robert N. LiM said:

I like this a lot as an idea, but I'm not sure how we then set up the team behind them... 

Might be one for when we have a proper DM perhaps

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Still looks a class operator at this level and second time he's come on and made a difference.

But just how on earth is he going to shift Sargent? 

I just can't see it happening, Sargent has 'arrived'.

Does Pukki just have to accept that he's a squad player now, do we go 2 up top, or does he end up playing in a different position on the pitch?

This XI is clearly going to evolve as the season progresses, with Hayden, Sara, possibly Cantwell coming into it, and left backs coming back from injury etc. 

But can anybody actually see Sargent losing his place now that he's reached this level? The geezer is a machine.

Is this all a part of getting Pukki to sign for your beloved Ipswich?

I'd personally want to see Krul dropped and Gunn starting. The latter is far more assured and calming on the ball. I want to see (injuries permitting) Kenny dropped and replaced with Sara. It will be interesting to see whether Sara/Nunez combination will work or not. Nunez made some poor decisions today, especially not playing through Pukki.

1 minute ago, Deptford Yellow said:

Yes - we sure could of done with one Isaac Hayden today …

Yes the sooner we have Isaac back screening we will be a far better outfit.

2 minutes ago, The Real Buh said:

Is this all a part of getting Pukki to sign for your beloved Ipswich?

Tedious, all that loneliness has piffled your brain.

1 minute ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Tedious, all that loneliness has piffled your brain.

I won’t consider myself fully piffled until I’m supporting Ipswich like you clearly do. 👍 

20 minutes ago, Worthy Nigelton said:

Yes I imagine Sargeant will be shifted over to the right again now that he has his confidence back and Pukki will start up front. 

5 minutes ago, The Real Buh said:

I won’t consider myself fully piffled until I’m supporting Ipswich like you clearly do. 👍 

A new low in Bin scraping there Buh.

Pathetic.